It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Some Help Reguarding ATS and Chat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well I have asked repeatedly for help to access chat on ATS, and to no avail. So I thought I would go straight to ATS. I haven't been able to access ATS chat EVER! I have gotten to the screen to accept the T&C, but it goes dark after that and nothing. SO if someone could take the time to help me with this problem it would be much appreciated.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

With me, it's dark for a few moments then I'm in. I think you have to let it load.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Hey NRE!

What browser are you using?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Do we tell her about the 12 to 1 vote against her to have access to chat?

Oh well

It may be your browser. I had issues with google chrome, but it seems to have come good now. All I did was clear the cache and then it worked perfectly.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
OK! Now that I am completely fustrated this is what Ive done so far.

I went to my other name on my computer. Switched from Firfox to IE 8. Took off all blocks, and cleared the cache, restarted the computer, and was able to get to the chat screen.

Thennnn..... there was an error message that read.

Permission denied

atschat.php.

Code:0

URI:http//www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/chatclient.php

I was able to get a darker portion of the screen I guess where I would be able to type, but thats all I got. This is really fustrating. Also, I let the screen load for 5 min + and still nothing.

Please, if anyone can help me figure this out I would greatly appreciate it. Ive done all I can at this point.

Thanks in advance, NRE.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Can you get into chat as a "chat voyeur"?

It is an option on the right side of the screen in threds.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Nope, same error message.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You might want to send the error message to SO to see if he has an answer to it ... or better yet send it in as a complaint/suggestion form and see if any of the staff might be able to help.

ETA: If you have already done the above and got no remedy then I really don't know how to fix it. I think I heard that Chat is the only ATS area that uses Flash ... maybe it has something to do with that. *shrug*

edit on 23 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Well I have asked repeatedly for help to access chat on ATS, and to no avail. So I thought I would go straight to ATS. I haven't been able to access ATS chat EVER! I have gotten to the screen to accept the T&C, but it goes dark after that and nothing. SO if someone could take the time to help me with this problem it would be much appreciated.

Peace, NRE.

I wish I could help. I've also asked.
What you get, is exactly the same thing for me. I've tried both google chrome and firefox. I've tried clearing all history, cookies, unblocked my firewall, allowed all popups, etc.
Nothing made any difference.
I've waited for chat to load. Nothing.
I don't even get an error message. Just a blank screen.
I guess this proves that I'm not the only one that can't get in.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Peace, NRE.

I wish I could help. I've also asked.
What you get, is exactly the same thing for me. I've tried both google chrome and firefox. I've tried clearing all history, cookies, unblocked my firewall, allowed all popups, etc.
Nothing made any difference.
I've waited for chat to load. Nothing.
I don't even get an error message. Just a blank screen.
I guess this proves that I'm not the only one that can't get in.

Ive sent an alert, I will post any info they may give me to try, maybe it can help you too.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Thanx.
My computer is less than a year old too, so it does everything else I've wanted it to do. After everything I've tried, it's hard to believe it isn't a glitch in our profiles or something.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Or, maybe Oz was right!!??

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm no expert but a few suggestions:

- Chat runs flash, so try updating flash to the latest version.

- Your PC maybe blocking may be blocking outgoing messages. This might be your firewall, or an application such as Little Snitch.

- You may have installed a flash blocker plugin in your browser, such as ClickToFlash.

- Your router might be blocking the port your PC is using.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
- Chat runs flash, so try updating flash to the latest version.

Did that again. All upgraded.

- Your PC maybe blocking may be blocking outgoing messages. This might be your firewall, or an application such as Little Snitch.

I have a messenger, and have chatted at another conspiracy site with no problems.

- You may have installed a flash blocker plugin in your browser, such as ClickToFlash.

Something else I have on here works with flash, it works fine. Disabled most of the privacy settings, pop ups allowed.

- Your router might be blocking the port your PC is using.

not sure what that means, but it doesn't block anything or anyone else. I also cleared the cache again. It sure slows down the loading of new pages.

Grey screen, sitting there for about 10 minutes now. Nothing happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I still haven't heard anything back, and Ive tried all the suggestions so far. If I were a less patient person, I would have thrown my laptop out the window a while ago. I figure a nice cold one will chill me out until I cant take it anymore, or I get sleepy.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Don't know if you got this working yet or not, but make sure you're using the most current versions of BOTH Flash and Java. My guess is your problem is you don't have the most current version of Java installed on your system.

What is Java?
edit on 5-1-2011 by Time2Think because: added URL

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM..just a blank screen..I run Firefox and windows 7 A moderator told me this may be the problem. Firefox surely not! I downloaded Google Chrome and my Chat came on and works..dont know why but it works.Try and see

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Try Google chrome. I mostly use firefox, but chat never loads on there. Apprently due to a plug in.

But asoon as log on with google it works.

Give that a go. Might work for you.

top topics

join