It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA gropes young boy's testicles while he is strip searched in front of everyone

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Holy wow! What was done to your daughter is absolutely deplorable. I am so very, very sorry that either of you had to endure that! That is just wrong no matter what way you slice it. My deepest wishes for peace and healing are with you and your family.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by thecinic

you completly bypassed the question with we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

WE ARE THERE!!!

stop finding fault with a parent that was just taking a means of transportation, put the blame where it belongs.

do you blame the holocaust parents for allowing their children to be put into the ovens????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
you answer one question-what are you going to do when these policies are instituted into our everyday life?? workplace, schools, malls, librarys, etc. who will you blame then??

What school, workplace, mall. library, ect... IS DOING THIS right now?? You say we are there... NO we are not your kidding yourself get real.. YOU SAID were there show me.... prove to me that the policies of groping kids are instituted every public place NOW as the airport.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thumper76
unless your a hardened road warrior I don't understand why people don't just go through the scanner.

Aside from the constitutional concerns? I will tell you why in my case, and I think my reasoning is more than sound and reasonable. The incidence of breast/uterine cancer among my mother's generation in my family is 100%. I therefore have genetic predisposition for those types of cancer. I am cancer free (thank the heavens), but I am not about to take the possible risk of developing it by having myself bombarded by ionizing radiation that clearly hasn't been tested over a long enough period of time.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

amazing!! you dont ever answer the questions, just rhetoric, so i'll ask you one more time.

DO YOU BLAME THE PARENTS OF HOLOCAUST VICTIMS FOR ALLOWING THEIR CHILDREN TO BE PUT INTO THE GAS CHAMBERS???????

its a simple yes or no??

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
yep , that sucks . dont like it then dont fly, plan ahead and take a train insted if you can. if enuff peeps do that mayby thell stop there abuse

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1984 is now

or, they will just move the "enhanced pat downs" to other means of transportation

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
could be, but they aint doun it yet. how else can we voice are oppinion?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1984 is now

one way to start would be for us americans to start acting like we are on the same team. and when we see something like this happening, something that we would not allow to happen to our child WE SPEAK UP!

now, how would the tsa have handled it if 50, or 100 or even 1000 people at that airport refused at that moment to allow it to happen, would they have attempted to arrest them all. no i dont think so. they would of been dumbfounded.

edit on 21-11-2010 by ParkerCramer because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Nope still didn't see it i saw him rolling up the boys shirt at that time to help him put it back on.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I need to feel safe, I also need to feel respected, I need to feel appreciated as a customer as well.
The airline needs to do business, they need to make a profit, they need to provide safe travel.

Looks like we've got at a minimum, 6 basic needs that should be met.
Lets see if we, (the airlines and the customers) can do, through a cooperative effort, our combined best at providing these 6 basic needs.

1-Security clearances and background checks on all employees.
2-Access restrictions to areas by employee groupings.
3-Baggage inspection, thorough xray and sniffer inspections of all baggage, all baggage checked, no carryons.
4-Highly Qualified mechanics and techs, recertification yearly, continual training.
5-Elevated level of parts upgrades and replacements.
6-Locked cockpits, absolutely no access by cabin staff available, no exit by flight crew by a minimum of 10 minutes before leaving boarding area.
7-Trained and Armed flight crew.
8-Air Marshall (or private security) on each flight.
9-Passenger passes through metal detector and sniffer.
10-Passengers seat belts to be secured before leaving boarding area, seat belts are to be thoroughly and individually inspected before leaving boarding area, passenger seat belts are to remain locked through entire flight, passenger seat belts are only able to be released by staff at seat belt unlocking station, passenger seat belts are individually controlled.

Has our need for mutual safety been met?
With the 'built in' issues there will of course always be a chance of electrical or mechanical failure, but with elevated maintainence schedules and parts upgrades and replacements that occurance can be narrowed.
With 'built on' safety issues, we've eliminated items to access in the cabin, all bags are checked, we've employed state of the art metal detectors and explosive sniffing devices, we've secured our passengers comfortably for the entire flight with individually electronic controlled seat belts, (simply push the call button and an attendant will visit you, if you need access to the restroom, one passenger at a time can roam freely, OR one is directed forward and one aft)
We also have an armed air marshall or security person on board, and finally we have a secure cockpit with no access allowed from tarmac to tarmac.

No one has been touched, no one has been discriminated against, no one has been disrespected,
no one has been xrayed, no one has been treated as anything other than a passenger, a customer.

If we need extremes, and in some cases we do, and we will never know in which case that is,
if we need extremes, are these posted here sufficient?
Would these be effective, tolerable, and acceptable by the standards that both parties needs demand.
I personally believe yes.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

We can point fingers all we want, a lot of people here that disagree with others actually share some of the same views. Is it the parents fault, the gov fault, TSA's fault? I would say yes to all the above. The big picture that I'm seeing is, it's societies fault for allowing this to happen. Collectively the majority of this country has looked the other direction against violations of our rights for so long that we don't know whom to blame but all of a sudden there's this outcry against the gov and TSA, as there should be, but where has everyone been uptill now? We need to be held acountable for our actions and the lack of our actions and here we are. A voice without action is mute.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A long time ago, according to societal beliefs in various countries, laying your hands on a woman was considered an accostment. Men adhered to these beliefs and codes of morality. Call it chivalry or what you will. I consider myself old fashioned. And I do not feel comfortable with any man I don't know touching me. There are many women who feel the same way. Although we don't live in the turn of the century, it is still sad to see these codes of conduct no longer exist today.

The TSA is a fine example of the respect that is gone for women. I would love to see some good men stand up and say they will not allow this to happen to a woman or a child.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Good effort, but still not one I see as fair. All of the drops in the ocean have to pay the price for the few drops out of the bucket who seek to do harm. Everyone is treated like a criminal because of the very few who truly are. A few students cheat on their finals so they fail the whole country. Do you see my point?

I know you're trying to come up with an acceptable amiable solution, but ... I see potential for abuse here as well. How long before someone figures out how to unlock the seatbelts and the solution then becomes handcuffs? An exaggeration, I know, but not by much. If they could think of a way to get that past people I'm quite sure they would try it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

For what it's worth this is wrong no matter what gender, race or age you want to tag it with. I do hear what your saying though.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
A long time ago, according to societal beliefs in various countries, laying your hands on a woman was considered an accostment. Men adhered to these beliefs and codes of morality. Call it chivalry or what you will. I consider myself old fashioned. And I do not feel comfortable with any man I don't know touching me. There are many women who feel the same way. Although we don't live in the turn of the century, it is still sad to see these codes of conduct no longer exist today.

The TSA is a fine example of the respect that is gone for women. I would love to see some good men stand up and say they will not allow this to happen to a woman or a child.

Guess what? They only do same sex pat downs. So much for your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Can someone show me an actual still frame of the 'testicle groping' because i could'nt see anything as his back was toward the camera and i would have to guess what was going on in REALITY.

Being owned is being told what you are seeing, and there is no testicle groping shown here. Who owns you ?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

No, they wouldn't have arrested them. They would have handed them their ID, their bags and sent them back the way they came.

I don't understand the constitutional concerns here.There is no one forcing you to take the air liner, you can choose to exercise your constitutional freedoms and leave the air port.. People will try to make anything about the constitution, it's silly..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnarly

Originally posted by Aisling

Guess what? They only do same sex pat downs. So much for your thoughts.

Do they? I was speaking with a female friend of mine who told me about having to be patted down by a male agent at SFO this morning, because the two female agents working were busied with an angry parent. I don't think that it is same sex pat downs every time, and if so, it's still a violation. You think that just because I'm a woman, I am ok with another woman touching me?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Thank you. I'm really shocked by the people in this thread who is finding ways to justify this. Even if all they did was remove the boy's shirt, it's still wrong. It's invasion of his privacy. Just because the boy wasn't kicking or screaming doesn't mean he wasn't feeling upset by it. Looking at that video is creepy. All of the adults just standing around while he has his shirt removed. Yuck.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

edit on 21-11-2010 by Aisling because: double post

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join