It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news is spreading lies and misinformation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just the usual from them,

First of all, let me define what the main subject of this thread will be about.

DREAM ACT - Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act

This bill if the passes would allow the children of undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States and gain temporary and conditional status, if they entered the United States before their 16th birthday, have been living in the United States for 5 consecutive years, be between the ages of 12 -35, and they MUST have a High School Diploma or GED.

They would then be given 6 years to either graduate a 2 year community college, or complete at least 2 years towards a 4- year degree or serve 2 years in the United States military. After 6 years and if they had completed at least 1 of the requirements they would then be eligible to apply for legal permanent resident status. Being convicted of a major crime or drug-related infraction would automatically remove the 6 year conditional status and they would be subject to deportation.

"The bill also restores the option for states to determine residency for purposes of higher education benefits."

Now to me, this bill makes perfect sense as I would rather have a bunch of college graduates and future military personnel instead of a bunch of unskilled tomato pickers and unskilled laborers.

I support this bill 100%

Here is the link to the video that encouraged me to create this thread.

Video

First, this bill would not encourage further illegal immigration, as only those who have been here before they were 16 and been present for 5 consecutive years would be the only ones eligible. Additionally this bill would give states the right to create their own laws regarding who gets in-state tuition and thus most likely ending in-state tuition to illegal immigrants.

How much more misinformation and lies will Fox News spread?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Are there any guarantees in the bill the federal government won't sue states that don't support illegal immigrants getting in state tuition under this law? We've already seen the level of respect the Obama regime holds towards the people's voice when it comes to states.

Obama administration sues Arizona over immigration law

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Or how about they leave the country and go about entering the country the legal way? Perish the thought that the Democrats would uphold federal laws regarding illegal immigration..rather than uphold the law lets pay for their tuition? Wait some of you say nay,,,the government would not pay for tuition for illegal immigrants I guess they would only pay their health insurance...but wait didn't Obama last year take the responsibility of redistributing student loans now under the full control of the government? I know this how because a company that I am familiar with laid off over three hundred of their employees because the company is now losing business with the processing and collection of student loans but hey people aren't worrying about jobs right? The point I guess albeit way off but we shouldn't have to settle for illegal tomato pickers or illegal college students when they and they prospective family are all illegal...catch my drift..I would be happy to hurry the immigration status of all immigrants if they wish to serve..they upon a thorough back ground check after serving in my opinion should have immediate citizenship to this country...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
you think its just fox... are you serious, any MSM is just fed propaganda.. if you cant see that they all are spreading one side of the story or the other and point finders at one side or the other you need to wake up and check your place in life.. because your being brainwashed.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
the whole politics can be a joke sometimes.

that is life.

some try to win for the right cause and some do it for other reasons....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If you do not like Fox news, thats fine. But to then, source Media Matters.......you're kidding....right?

Define 'serious crime' or is not entering another country illegally not serious enough for you?

Do you think the (unindited) members of MS13 or a host of other Mexican gangs will change their ways simply because they can now legally work at McDonnalds?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Enough with the money to illegal aliens. ENOUGH!!!!! hard working Americans are loosing their unemployment benefits and they want to give money to people that should not even be here. GO HOME

America is in deep trouble financially were do you think the fingers are going to point when TSHTF? I know. History backs up what I am saying.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

No one is giving money to people that shouldn't be here. Most of the beneficiaries of this bill have spent most of their lives in this country, their parents brought most of them here when they were infants who had no choice. I'm all in favor of giving them an opportunity at a better life.

At the most they would only be eligible for student loans which they would have to pay back.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
If you do not like Fox news, thats fine. But to then, source Media Matters.......you're kidding....right?

Define 'serious crime' or is not entering another country illegally not serious enough for you?

Do you think the (unindited) members of MS13 or a host of other Mexican gangs will change their ways simply because they can now legally work at McDonnalds?

Did you bother to read my opening post?

This bill gives people who entered the United States before they were 16 temporary conditional status, it's not residency or citizenship. They only qualify if the have been living here for the past 5 years and entered the US before they were 16 they must also have a High School Diploma or GED.

They are given 6 years to go either finish college or serve in the armed forces, after those 6 years, if they meet the requirements then they are eligible to apply for permanent legal residency.

If they don't finish college or serve in the military in those 6 years then they are deported.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What exactly do you think a undocumented immigrant is? HELLO it is a PC way to say illegal alien.

They are here illegally and we are going to pay for their kids school?
And this costs money dont ya think.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

An undocumented immigrant is an undocumented immigrant, you can call them whatever you want, but after all we are all from the same planet aren't we?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

An undocumented immigrant is an undocumented immigrant, you can call them whatever you want, but after all we are all from the same planet aren't we?

So you want no borders or sovereignty? I see exactly were you are coming from now.
It is hard to argue with logic like this. You believe in a fantasy world of butterflies and rainbows. I will stick to reality and the reality is we have borders and so does every other country.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by muse7

So you want no borders or sovereignty? I see exactly were you are coming from now.
It is hard to argue with logic like this. You believe in a fantasy world of butterflies and rainbows. I will stick to reality and the reality is we have borders and so does every other country.

Okay, so because I choose to call them undocumented immigrants that means I live in a fantasy world?
I do not, I understand that we have borders and rules for which to live by.

The reason I support this bill is because I don't think we should punish children who had no say in whether or not they wanted to come here, and as a result most of them don't even speak Spanish, this is the only country they've known.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

No it because you believe in a world without borders. This is a fantasy world look around we have borders and so does every other country.

And maybe because we are all on the same planet we should share all of our money and food with everyone. I bet this is exactly what you want.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Another SPIT in the face of every LEGAL immigrant that is here in the US.

And am i missing something? What part of your OP mentioned anything about Fox news misinformation? You made this huge title making claims, then just cited your interpretation of the bill, without much else.......

Someone has an agenda.....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
They are here illegally and we are going to pay for their kids school?
And this costs money dont ya think.

The only way you can construe this as paying for their school is under the in-state tuition portion of the bill.

If you're thinking we'll pay for their 2 years of community college you're wrong and you need to read the OP and the bill.

To the OP: I hope you realize now why Fox is spouting whatever lies they want about this. It doesn't punish immigrants sufficiently for the right wing. Making immigrants work at being contributing members of American society is amnesty in their eyes.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

So lets get this straight the money comes from were? I just want this to be clear. Is any tax money being used at all?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

i dont see fox news doing any thing wrong in the vid. they simply reported the situation. they stated how the democrats feel and how the republicans feel. fox did not side with any opinion. you are looking at something that is not there.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

Makes you wonder if this poster has a agenda and is using propaganda to push it. I am still waiting for a answer about my world without borders and if we should redistribute our wealth to the rest of the world question.

But I have learned over the years the progressive agenda does not hold up very well when light is used.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The 'money' is simply a difference in tuition rates, either way the individual is still paying. Depending on their residency they may be paying at a different rate.

Does this cost the taxpayer anything? It might or it might not. Depending on the states decision to allow the immigrant in-state tuition or not, which is what this bill specifies.

Let's say, for example, that state A allows immigrants in-state tuition. This means the immigrant will still pay tuition, but at a lower rate than someone from the next state over. Whether that difference is in profit from the out-of-state student or whether it's the college/university using it's own money to fund the difference is something I'm not aware of.

Just a quick check at Arizona State University's rates shows that for 7 enrolled hours the in-state tuition is $4,067 as opposed to the non-resident tuition of $6,078 for the same amount of time.

Once again, this is the only way you can construe this as costing the taxpayers anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join