It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands march against war in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Thousands march against war in Afghanistan

www.google.com

Thousands of protesters have taken to the streets of central London to march against the war in Afghanistan as Nato leaders met to plan an end to the nine-year conflict.
Demonstrators were led by military families as they carried anti-war placards and banners against cuts to government spending.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The war in Afghanistan is failed, instead of wasting more money, more lives, more resources, more time, for a BS cause, there should be an immediate withdrawal, to allow the Afghan people, and its neighbors in co-operation create a peaceful and stable Afghanistan.

Everyone know occupation won't equate to peace, so why are they there? Everyone know Al-Qaeda was a BS excuse orchestrated before 9/11 even took place, that the invasion was already planned before 9/11 even took place.

STOP WASTING MORE LIVES YOU GREEDY CORRUPT DOUCH BAGS!!

lol

Thoughts

ooz

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
PAKISTAN: Trucks supplying fuel for NATO forces in Afghanistan torched

This is becoming a weekly scenario now. This reminds me of the intensification of the war against USSR, which brought USSR ever more closer to a collapse.

USSR supplies were ambushed heavily.

Complete failure.

Someone should be held accountable for the Afghan war, and hanged. I'm looking at BUSH

Does anyone think it was worth it? How many kids did Bush loose? I mean how much money? I'm sure he cares about money than his own kids.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good for them, what is so disappointing is where are the American people, why aren't' they protesting, what has happened, they have been become so complacent, I was there in the sixties protesting the Viet Nam war so were millions of others.

Everything seems to be status quo today, makes me very sad.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Good for them, what is so disappointing is where are the American people, why aren't' they protesting, what has happened, they have been become so complacent, I was there in the sixties protesting the Viet Nam war so were millions of others.

The spying program spies on protesters in the US.

When you know what the population is thinking, you can easily use the media to manipulate them.

That is exactly the happening, Americans are in the same state of the population of Nazi Germany. This population is driving US to the same faith as Nazi Germany, something has to be done.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Actually the anti-war protests are still happening, it's just that our mainstream media no longer covers these protests and so people across the nation get the impression that Americans are not demonstrating since Obama took office.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Its a old video at .27 it shows a sigh "Bush Step Down" I don't think the USA is protesting wars anymore.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

The spying program spies on protesters in the US.

When you know what the population is thinking, you can easily use the media to manipulate them.

That is exactly the happening, Americans are in the same state of the population of Nazi Germany. This population is driving US to the same faith as Nazi Germany, something has to be done.

I'm also glad to see SOMEONE stand up. Ooziism, the people are indeed dumbed down by the media. It's really sad how the state of affairs of our country has become. With our freedoms being stripped away daily, the economy in the tank for a long period of time already, it seems that we Americans would wake up. I was awake years ago myself. It seems that we are waiting to see if someone steps up and leads the world and our nation to stand and stop all this oppression of the people. We need to break these chains.

I'm awake like a lot of people are already. What we need is like a Martin Luther King character to step up and get the ball rolling. A

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That may be so but the problem is the numbers, if millions got there and started protesting they couldn't control or deny it. There are not enough doing it, during the Viet Nam war there was constant protesting everywhere including college campuses. As long as whatever protesting that is going on stays small they can control it and nothing will change.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

That may be so but the problem is the numbers, if millions got there and started protesting they couldn't control or deny it. There are not enough doing it, during the Viet Nam war there was constant protesting everywhere including college campuses. As long as whatever protesting that is going on stays small they can control it and nothing will change.

The corrupt leaders of US learned from Vietnam, let's not forget, that is when the spying started, the spying on people.

They learned, through the spying (which still goes on), that the core problem is the perception, how the population perceives the wars.

So by learning more about the population, they found a solution, and they solution is manipulation.

People are manipulated in to thinking that the war is just, that we are fighting for this and that, that we are the good guys etc etc..

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's the same here. What you have said is exactly what my mother said to me only a month ago.

People are far too occupied chasing their tails "earning a living" that they no longer have the time to protest something that they feel doesn't directly affect their lives.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Well DUH, that was just a promotional video for a protest March of this year. Just do a simple youtube search for anti-war protests 2010. It's really that simple.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Perhaps kids are too fat and lazy to walk very far, and too concerned with more important things like x-box Kinect and bling.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I liked what Ahabstar said in this thread. abovetopsecret.com...

He said "250,000 people on the Mall in DC with rifles, shotguns and pistols demanding that everyone in Congress to either resign immediately or be removed by lethal force is going to be treated with a little more respect/fear.

I don't know how to get it in a quote form, but he is right. The power of the people are in numbers, HUGE numbers.
'

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

He said "250,000 people on the Mall in DC with rifles, shotguns and pistols demanding that everyone in Congress to either resign immediately or be removed by lethal force is going to be treated with a little more respect/fear.

I don't know how to get it in a quote form, but he is right. The power of the people are in numbers, HUGE numbers.
'

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

You posted the video like it was something that happened since Obama took office.

Originally posted by laiguana

Actually the anti-war protests are still happening, it's just that our mainstream media no longer covers these protests and so people across the nation get the impression that Americans are not demonstrating since Obama took office.

March of this year? You know its November don't you?
edit on 20-11-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by USpatriot

'

You forget who has the high techs. Interesting perspective non the less, it will show the government who the boss is.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by USpatriot

I'm awake like a lot of people are already. What we need is like a Martin Luther King character to step up and get the ball rolling.

Yes, lots of people are waking up but like you and me, we are still in bed waiting for someone to tell us it's not enough to be awake, you need to get out of bed and do something about it...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I don't know how to get it in a quote form, but he is right.

you do this, minus the spaces though..

[ quote ] What you want to quote. [ /quote ]

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I'm awake like a lot of people are already. What we need is like a Martin Luther King character to step up and get the ball rolling.

Yes, lots of people are waking up but like you and me, we are still in bed waiting for someone to tell us it's not enough to be awake, you need to get out of bed and do something about it...

I am doing more than most, although I haven't protested any. I can't say what I wanted to say, but let me say this.

Plans are being prepared right now for the benefit of all Americans who will stand with the Patriots in a SHTF scenario inside the United States. I can only tell you that. Please no one ask because it would be a waste of time, since if that day ever comes, your life might depend on my secrecy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join