It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters with a MOOSE (My Videos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I went uptown to get my haircut this evening when i pulled up to the shop i noticed a moose up on the sidewalk eating from the hanging baskets they had on there stair rails.

Its pretty rare to see video from this close, luckily the moose is only about 2 years old so it wasn't to intimidating to get this close to him (well that and i had a door near by haha).

First Video

Now don't get upset by the kid with the bow, there is a bow and arrow shop a couple doors down and he just bought it and wanted his mom to take a picture of him pretending to shoot the moose.

Second Video

Third Video

Unfortunately the way the sun is setting makes the camera blur a little, but its still rare amateur footage.

Just for fun here is a video i took about 10minutes earlier of the sun setting. I'm at the Kenai Flats, its where the river overflows and its a bird sanctuary in the summer months (it usually only overflows in the winter) millions of birds nest there in the summer.

You'll see the sun setting in a sky of orange in one direction, and the moon rising in a sky of purple in the other, it looks so much better in person but here's the video just to give you an idea.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Cool video thanks for sharing. In California the closest I ever get to wildlife is when the possums rummage through my trash.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
are you sure there are no moose farms close by ?
it dont react affraid to humans

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

haha i am positive there are no moose farms near by, i don't know if there is even such a thing as a moose farm, the closest thing to a moose farm i can think of is the moose rescue foundation stationed in Fairbanks, which is about 450 miles away.

Moose and people interact here daily so some are really easy going around people, others spook very easily.
edit on 11/20/2010 by Alaskan Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Cool video!

I wish we had some big wildlife in the UK

Hoots Mon theres a Moose Loose Aboot This Hoose

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Jeez, how I envy you
That must be one hell of an experience to encounter a moose so close in it's natural habitat. I've been close to animals like this in the Kruger Park, and it's just awesome. Never seen a damn moose here in Canada. I used to travel 2-3hrs north of Toronto for work, and never seen one of these guys. Here this guy is quite contempt to leisurely stroll around, and destroy the hanging plants.

Just another stroll in the town for him....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Dear Mr. Moose,

Hello! We think you are awesome. So we're going to sit here and smile and be happy that you came to visit, and take pictures and secretly wish that you would like us back enough to come over and nuzzle us. We'd really like to pet you, but we respect your space...and don't want to get squished...so we're going to just admire you from a (relatively) safe distance.

Ordinarily, we would be very upset if someone came by and destroyed our pretty flowers, but we like you so much that we don't really mind if you do, just so long as we get to bask in the glory of being close to you while you do.

Humans aren't so bad, eh?

edit on 20-11-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Good thing that no one used a flash while taking pictures.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
well bulwinkle paid a visit...what i want to know is where is rocky the flying squirrel?....he must have been swatted down by boris and natasha.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

With the world going to hell in a hand basket, your videos were a refreshing and delightful change.

I love mooses!

Thank you for sharing that video, really gave me a lift.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I lived in Goldstream Valley just outside of Fairbanks for three years. Your videos brought back a bunch of wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Cool vids
Mooses are so pretty

I wanna see the sun set and moon rise at the same time :p

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A most excellent video. It's interesting to see what it's like in other parts of the country. thanks for the post.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey thanks for sharing the video.

I spent a weekend at Fort Richardson awaiting a plane ride.

I came down into the barracks first floor and there was a number of people standing by the front door.

I asked what was going on and somebody said there was a moose outside.

I thought it would be cool to actually see a moose close up.

I opened the door and stuck my head out and came face to face with a big bull moose.

He snorted and fogged my glasses up!

I pulled my head back in closing the door and said,"Gosh darn,it is right outside the door!"

One of the soldiers said,"Yeah,that's is what we told you."

It scared the holy you know what out of me.

I

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing a wonderful set of videos! I love animals, and even though that moose is wild, I still just wanted to pet it.. my family called me 'Ellie Mae' when I was growing up since I took in just about anything for a pet..

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Fantastic experience, I bet that made your day!

top topics

join