It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$11,000 fine, arrest possible for some who refuse airport scans and pat downs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Doesn't it really seem like somehow fear for safety has been bugabood into such a frenzy simply as a money making scheme by the rats now in control of things?

Plain logic would tell you none of this is necessary for ordinary Americans flying back and forth between families for vacations and holidays. Small children who have never left the country or senior citizens who have never had a single terrorist thought in their entire lives are neverthless being treated as if they could be one. It is simply ludicrous.

But people are making money off of this, and lots of it -- the security companies running the operations, the companies making the machines and gizmos, the people who build and operate the prisons to hold the new class of "criminal" who dares to question the authorities.

The rats are in charge. You guys there in the US are in serious need of an exterminator. Wonder who that will be??

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by 4nsicphd
Her's a better, maybe more pungent, idea. You can buy butyric acid for about $25.00 for 100 milliliters.

Save your money and simply allow a stick of butter to go rancid. You will then get more than enough butyric acid to achieve your goal. However, I wouldn't recommend going this route since you will most definitely be spending quite a bit of time explaining things to people incapable of understanding you which will most likely have you spending at least one evening in the slammer.

If you are going to allow yourself to be groped, look the TSA agent in the eye and tell them that what s/he's going to do is the favorite part of your flight. Then do something along the lines of this:

If they think yelling "Opt-out" garners attention. I can assure you that you will be the star of the show!
edit on 20-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

This is a better, I think, idea. By announcing that if you enter the security area, opt out of the scanner, and refuse the grope you are NOT free to leave, the TSA has converted any question they might ask into a 'custodial interrogation'. That triggers Miranda. Not only do they have to read you the rights you have under Miranda, they have to find you a lawyer, at government expense, if you don't have the money with you to hire one, before any questioning. If you want to see a look of addled bewilderment on one of these TSA cretin's face, respond to any question, even a "Why are you refusing?" with "Sir, since the TSA has announced that a person in my situation is not just free to leave, you are conducting what amounts to a custodial interrogation under the US Supreme Court decision in Miranda v. Arizona. By not informing me of my rights You have already violated my rights for which I may sue you under the Supreme Court case of Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents. Further, I demand that an attorney be provided to me under the 2010 Supreme Court case of Berghuis v. Thompkins. So go pound sand until you bring me a lawyer."
They might say that since you are not under arrest, that Miranda doesn't apply. But the key isn't arrest. It is whether the circumstances are so coercive that the person believes he is not free to go, or is otherwise deprived of his or her freedom in any significant way. Hell, the TSA spokesman announced to the world that you are not free to go. Then laugh heartily as the goon runs off to find a supervisor who might possibly have an IQ over 25.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If enough people use other modes of transportation for a long enough time, the corporate elite in the airlines will pressure the feds to make changes.

They simply need to use profiling and have a better risk assessment process where only targeted scanning and pat downs are used.

With underwear bombs, liquid bombs, and rectal bombers etc. still a threat, it isn't like they can do nothing.

But there are changes that can be made, unfortunately they will not make these changes until they feel the pressure from their corporate interests.

Don't fly, and watch magic happen, also learn who ultimately controls the U.S. government in the process.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why 11,000$?

That's a seriously odd amount.

Why not 10,000$ or 15,000$

edit on 21-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Sounds good. I'm assuming most complaining are males, since when were males bothered by having people check out their 'packages'?

Airport Staff Exposed Woman's Breasts, Laughed,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So keep laughing it up

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
kind of like how the TSA's biggest mouthpiece (janet napolitano) came out and said that the hopkins university claims the machines are safe.

...and for those of you who still cherish honesty:

DHS claim to safety

DHS's own source claiming otherwise

Since when have x-rays become 'safe'? You go to any hospital and they give you lead shielding so you don't get over exposure, especially to your private parts to stop sterility...

So how about a frequent flyer that makes several business flights a week? Has anyone even considered the accumulated dosage of x-rays?

And they x-ray your head as well? And no one is concerned about all this radiation that for decades the medical profession has been taken pains to avoid over exposing people and staff?

I see people saying that the terrorists now rule.. NO it is our FEAR of POTENTIAL terrorists that has done this.

When did America become a nation of WUSSIES?

Okay so I looked... and here it is in TSA's own report

www.tsa.gov...

So how do they determine if a frequent flyer has reached the maximum annual doasge to maintain safety?

At this rate we won't need to worry about the terrorists bombs... because in the interest of safety everyone gets NUKED

No one concerned about this?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well I guess I am NOT the only one concerned

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So keep laughing it up

I will.

Come on, though, peeps - Lib-Air. You know it's a winner. Hop to it!

Alternatively, I think the idea of swilling yourselves in rancid butter is pretty awesome too.
edit on 21-11-2010 by melatonin because: my dinga-ling, my dinga-ling...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They might as well call every airline company CON-AIR as they treat everyone who tries to keep them afloat by using their services as convicts. I know the airlines have no control over the TSA but their lobbyists do. It would be painful but perhaps a no-fly campaign by everyone for a few short months would get the airline lobby working in overdrive.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A VERY interesting point was made in another thread on the TSA

These scans and pat downs are ONLY being done internally... they are NOT scanning people coming INTO the country..

So an Islamabomber or similar malcontent could still get on a plane in Europe, Middle East or Asia and nothing would stop them...

So tell me again its not 'citizen control'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join