It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sudden change of heart

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thermite is a gravity burn incendiary. Its main uses were to disarm ordinances. It's quite useless in building demolitions. It simply cannot take out vertical columns, the mass required to do so would exceed the columns themselves, kind of hard to hide that much mass.

It's amazing that since 9/11 everyone is suddenly an expert about all things thremite/thermate. I'd wager to guess that before 2005 that nobody ever heard of thermite and now we have thousands of experts, pseudo experts that is.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Thermite is a gravity burn incendiary. Its main uses were to disarm ordinances. It's quite useless in building demolitions. It simply cannot take out vertical columns, the mass required to do so would exceed the columns themselves, kind of hard to hide that much mass.

It's amazing that since 9/11 everyone is suddenly an expert about all things thremite/thermate. I'd wager to guess that before 2005 that nobody ever heard of thermite and now we have thousands of experts, pseudo experts that is.

Hey man stop pointing out facts and logical ideas in regards to conspiracy claims.
They might figure out that we are actually governmentally paid disinfo agents after all!!

ShhHHHhhh!!

en.wikipedia.org...

"A classic military use for thermite is disabling artillery pieces, and it has been used commonly for this purpose since World War II. Thermite can permanently disable artillery pieces without the use of explosive charges and therefore can be used when silence is necessary to an operation."

Oh no i let it slip!

edit on 21-11-2010 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

What proof do you have that hundreds of tons of steel crashed into WTC 7? Which official source did you get this information from?

What proof do you have that it didn't ?

Official source ?
You guys claim anything "official" is part of some dark and devious cover-up but , now you ask me to give you an official source ?

This is why no one should debate with a fool...

So since there isn't any perfectly available proof of something is to logically conclude
that it doesn't exist, which is why you place the burden of proof on a poster of ATS?

What a jokester.
Your logic: "No, you."

The scientific community applauds you sir!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

What proof do you have that hundreds of tons of steel crashed into WTC 7? Which official source did you get this information from?

What proof do you have that it didn't ?

Official source ?
You guys claim anything "official" is part of some dark and devious cover-up but , now you ask me to give you an official source ?

This is why no one should debate with a fool...

So since there isn't any perfectly available proof of something is to logically conclude
that it doesn't exist, which is why you place the burden of proof on a poster of ATS?

What a jokester.
Your logic: "No, you."

The scientific community applauds you sir!

I think he is trying to point out how people ask for "official proof" while denying any information given by "officials."

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Or, maybe it just crashed into the ground so fast that it disintegrated? A plane falling straight down and exploding could potentially leave very little debris.

I stopped reading right here.

Then my face could not stop laughing.

Then I got serious and came to these questions:

Do you know something about science I don't?
Is it like CERN, where matter (plane) explodes and becomes a pure energy?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Fine.

My next question is:
How would YOU conduct a:
-fair
-thorough
-methodical
-careful
-logical investigation of the site and material left at ground zero?

Osama B.L is NOT wanted by the F.B.I. -why not?
How is it possible that (some of) the alleged hijackers remained alive post 9/11?
A black box alleged to be incinerated or un-recovered, yet a paper passport was recovered?????

Why doesn't anyone have a shred of common sense?

Why or how did the building in China burn for hours and hours, yet did not collapse...
YET we are to beLIEve that 2 superior constructed buildings collapsed neatly into their own footprint
via oxygen depraved fires (black smoke) in just over an hour?????

Please don't mention the jet fuel whicih was burned immediately upon impact...
Nobody can respond nor can they provide a plausible explanation...

CAN THEY?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

A couple of things here to mention.

(1) How do YOU know Thermite or any other variation cannot take out
vertical columns? While I'm sure your next move would be to cite
sources that would affirm your claim are you really sure of this?

What do you make of this video?
www.youtube.com...

(2) The public's unawareness of Thermite has NOTHING to do with this discussion.
Are you attempting to pull rank and be put yourself in higher company as some authoritative
figure on Thermite?

(3rd) If Thermite is discredited at being the catalyst for the towers' destruction (which burns at 4500)
Are we to really believe that office materials, and jet fuel as well as the other materials (which burn at 1500)
was what was responsible?

Really?

FIRE?
edit on 21-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I would like people to dig into who is hiding behind this "demonseed" face first before responding to this dumb thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

A couple of things here to mention.

(1) How do YOU know Thermite or any other variation cannot take out
vertical columns? While I'm sure your next move would be to cite
sources that would affirm your claim are you really sure of this?

What do you make of this video?
www.youtube.com...

(2) The public's unawareness of Thermite has NOTHING to do with this discussion.
Are you attempting to pull rank and be put yourself in higher company as some authoritative
figure on Thermite?

(3rd) If Thermite is discredited at being the catalyst for the towers' destruction (which burns at 4500)
Are we to really believe that office materials, and jet fuel as well as the other materials (which burn at 1500)
was what was responsible?

Really?

FIRE?
edit on 21-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

Of course thermite could take out vertical columns. It would be even more obvious and obtrusive than demolitions. What happened in the video you posted (giant plume of fire with intense smoke and burning sounds) did not happen during 9/11. Show me any evidence of something like that occurring "DURING" the collapse.

As for why there was molten steel at the site?

Rescue workers where cutting it apart trying to find people trapped under debris.

What a giant conspiracy there.
edit on 21-11-2010 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

I would like people to dig into who is hiding behind this "demonseed" face first before responding to this dumb thread.

Im assuming you think im some satan worshipper, so here ya go:

en.wikipedia.org...

For the 3rd time so far.

If i was some kind of demon i would be running around scaring people not sitting here posting links all day.

Apparently there is a position in the FBI/CIA where linking facts and logical analysis pays really well and you guys are inclined i am great for that. Can you please show me where i can apply because i do feel that i would do really well in that position.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Look, I'll be completely honest on this. I'm always one for a good conspiracy theory. But I've never seen CONCLUSIVE evidence in the 9 years since 9/11 that this was a government job. The manpower that would be required to pull off a dupe this massive would have virtually guarenteed a leak by this point.

I just don't think it's plausible that the US Government did these attacks. I can never comprehend some of the posting on here--in the Political forum, you'll see a truther going on and on about the ineptness of the federal government, give all the powers to the state because the Feds are stupid. But then they come onto the 9/11 forum and claim that this "inept" government had and incredibily detailed plan that relied on getting everything right THE FIRST TIME, with no test run. That doesn't even make sense.

Another thing that concerns me is the mentions above in this thread regarding the fact that the majority of 9/11 videos perform "Selective Edits". Anything that backs up the OS is edited out. I just don't see the transparency in the truth movement that would lend credibility. I'm sorry, until something is provided that removes most of the doubt regarding the OS, then I can buy in. But I haven't seen that yet, and looking at the S + F's on this thread, quite a few ATSers agree with me on this.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
I have been believing 9/11 conspiracies for quite some time. I would say about a year after 9/11 i started asking questions up until about last week. I always had doubts in my mind about the conspiracy theories, but in general i felt that many questions had been un-answered and in that regard i gave my credence to the 9/11 conspiracy theories and what the "truthers" stood for.

However, i recently had a change of heart. At this point, there are too many 9/11 conspiracy theory loopholes that in all honesty add up a million times worse than even the "official" story.

Believe means to accept something as true, or false, without sufficient evidence. Therefore BELIEF is stupid by definition.

You should have been concentrating on the physics and ignoring the conspiracy crap.

In order for the official conspiracy theory to be true then a NORMAL airliner weighing less than 200 tons of which 34 tons was jet fuel had to be able to destroy a skyscraper more than 2000 times its own mass in less than two hours.

Of course for a skyscraper weighing more than 400,000 tons to hold itself up the designers had to figure out how to distribute the steel.

So as long as you concentrate on emotional bull# conspiracy rubbish your opinion will be based on sand. I don't know who did it and I don't dare. The entire concept of the top of the north tower coming straight down and crushing the rest in less than 18 seconds is total idiotic.

Grade school kids all over the world should be laughing at the United States for expecting them to BELIEVE such nonsense.

9/11 is the Piltdown Man incident of the 21st century.

Why doesn't Steven Jones talk about the distribution of steel in the WTC?

psik

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

Thats the point NIST turned every principle of a scientific approach upside down and people applying such an approach are getting more attention.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

You might want to view this video, demonstrating that yes indeed a jet can vanish into dust on impact. I know it's not exactly the same thing as crashing to the ground but you get the idea of the science of mass. BTW much of the Pennsylvania crash debris was found, including identifications and the flight recorder and at least one engine, there was a body of water in the debris field you know.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Then explain to us exactly how thermite is ignited. Tell us how such a difficult incendiary can be remotely ignited and how the years of settling humidity and elements wouldn't flaw such a timely planted method. You also might give us a clue as to how much thermite would be needed to sever a vertical column, and it starts to become clear that its a far fetched method to use.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Now if someone like BoneZ or LabBtop has a "change of heart" I will take notice.

Hope you're not holding your breath!

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
What I really am waiting for is for Weedwhacker, hooper, GenRadek, to have a "change of heart"

Hope you're not holding your breath!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohmajojo
Thank you for your clear and focus reply to the OP's post.

Thanks. Too bad it went completely ignored. Neither the OP, nor the debunkers can ever debunk it, that's why every time I post the facts, it just gets ignored and the subject changed.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It simply cannot take out vertical columns, the mass required to do so would exceed the columns themselves, kind of hard to hide that much mass.

So YOU are supposed to be an expert now? Where did you get your information from? We would like a source for your claims.

While you're getting a source for us, Engineer Jonathan Cole will show you how thermite will cut vertical columns with very little thermite:

www.youtube.com...

I await the source to your claims...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You also might give us a clue as to how much thermite would be needed to sever a vertical column, and it starts to become clear that its a far fetched method to use.

It's not far-fetched. He posted a video for you to watch that shows a vertical column being cut with very little thermite and you ignored it. I posted the link to the video in my above post as well. I'll post it here for a THIRD time:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
19 lowly funded people who live in deserts and caves, always in a hiding, could execute an attack to the greatest country on earth who has all kinds of funding and state of the art technology for intelligence.

REALLY? I MEAN REALLY??? Talk about far fetched.

Wonder what China, UK, Germany and all the other countries are waiting for?

Even a kid would know that it's all BS.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join