It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe, the "Number of the beast" is NOT 666...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think you will find that the number was not translated correctly.

It is 616.

I remember reading it in a new scientist article a few years ago.

www.religionnewsblog.com...

That isn't the article I remember but this is now common knowledge.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

Originally posted by Nightchild

However that is a direct contradiction to what the texts themselves says, that the AntiChist "will be a Man.

Could you tell me where in the Bible it says that? Not to say you're wrong, but just to read that passage in specific again. Thanks.

I have been trying to refind the passage that said this, but to no avail.

Now I am fully certain I read those actual lines, but maybe it wasn't even a description from the Bible but from another religious paper, as there are other texts speaking of a similar entity.

Anyway, I will keep on searching.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seenitall

um, not necessarily, the new interpretation is based on the fact they found an older script inciting the number 616, instead of 666, in an ancient garbage dump outside of egypt.

but don't you think it's possible, that was a bad copy, which is the reason it was in the garbage dump in the first place.

script, text, it was an expensive commodity back then, it seems more likely to me, the text they found was in the dump in the first place because it wasn't copied correctly

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

But that number is a minimum, with provision for more members, and the Universal House of Justice is specifically barred from being any sort of government, by its own charter (the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Baha). The Bahai Faith has 'the separation of religion and politics' as one of its core principles, see for example wp.me... where this is listed by Abdu'l-Baha as the ninth (!) in his list of 11 Bahai teachings.

'And there are 10 kings who shall have power with the beast one hour. These shall hate the whore and burn her..'.

Of course that number is a minimum, in the future they shall have 10 and the 10 shall elect another which shall be the 11th and he shall subdue 3. Just because Abdu'l-Baha said the UHJ should not be a government does not mean that it's not. He's a liar and deceiver.

You have been misinformed, there are seven Bahai temples built, and the Bahais have no such plans for Jerusalem. The Bahais are currently building a house of worship on a hill top in Santiago, Chile, and have plans for one on the "mountain" (big hill really) overlooking the port of Haifa, Israel - Mount Carmel. See the wiki article on Bahai houses of worship
en.wikipedia.org...

So there are 7 fully built and 2 in process? Minor details
The plans for jerusalem do in fact exist, and the connections to Bahai are there. People are kept in the dark about these things for a reason.
prophetic-kabbalah.org...
www.jerusalem-academy.org...

This is how baha is written in Arabic...

Actually that says, Ya Baha' ul-abha, as any (Arab) child can see...

Thankyou, you're right. It's still blasphemous. www.bcca.org...

The Greatest Name: "O Glory of the Most Glorious"

Daniel 7:8
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Proverbs 30:4
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Can you tell?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
666 is the correct number.

The day after Barrack Hussein was elected the Lottery number for illinois was 6-6-6.

www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lottery.asp

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

It' all boils down to the procession of the equinox, which is an astrological phenomenon.
Please look up David Flynn for an excellent introduction in this respect.

A brief overveiw:
Picture the ring of the zodiac with the sun in the center. As the Earth orbits the sun, the sun seems to rise each morning in one of 12 constellations ;i.e. Leo, Virgo, etc.
Each year on the spring equinox, it resides in a particular constellation. But it moves ever so slightly, year to year, backwards through the zodiac. These differences are so minute that we cannot detect them without the help of delicate instruments.
It take 72 years for the sun to move just 1 degree in the constellation.Therefore, it takes 2,160 years (72x30) to move through one sign of the zodiac, and 25,920 years (2,160x12)to make one complete cycle through all 12 zodiacal signs.

@catwhoknows....you were getting warm with you numbers.
You said ...
Or 6 x 6 = 36 times 6 = 216.
( if you had used 60 instead of the last 6, you would have gotten 2,160 instead of 216)

Or 6+6 = 12 x 6 = 72.
( these are also relevant ....12 =the number of signs or constellations of the zodiac, 72 + the number of years it takes for the sun to pass through one sign)

Furthermore, if you had tried
6 x 60 = 360 ( the number of degrees in a circle, i.e. the zodiac)
6 x 600=3,600 ( the number of years ancient astronomers ascribe to Nibiru, the mysterious 10th planet)
and so on .......also the numbers 432, 4,320, 43,200, 432,000 are realted to this as are 84, 42, and 144,000

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The 616 predates any reference to 666 by at least a hundred years.

Believe what you like but at least try to be objective about it.

I'm far from religious by the way, I just always found this discovery funny because people still run around thinking its 666, when it isn't.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

I have always believed that there has to be something more...a deeper meaning to this. Notice how the writer notes: "Let him that hath understanding...," as if to say that there is something esoteric in this verse...I thought, the number cannot be simply 666.

It is probably just a strange coincidence but the "popularized" notion of the size of the universe has been calculated by scientists. We are told that everything in the physical universe can be described using no more than 62 digits of pi in base 10?

Archimedes did a calculation for pi using an inscribed and circumscribed hexagon. Later we learn that the hexadecimal digits of pi resonate and can be calculated quickly at any position simply as a function of their decimal place.

So this might mean Archimedes calculated the modern limit to the size of the universe which the bible describes as 1+60+1 positions of pi?

No one else sees a conspiracy here?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

So there are 7 fully built and 2 in process? Minor details The plans for jerusalem do in fact exist, and the connections to Bahai are there. People are kept in the dark about these things for a reason.

Glad to see you iamnot, sounding the alarm about Baha'i, there aren't many of us out there! I too enjoy sharing what I know about Baha'i, although at times it does seem like it's still almost too early. Baha'i is just so far off the radar, the average person has no idea about the sinister potential of this syncretistic religious group, headquartered in Israel.

Indeed, people are kept in the dark for a reason. There will be a Third Temple, and the big surprise might be that it isn't an exclusively "Jewish" affair. Few people realize that the Temples of old were in fact places where other people could worship as well. Fewer still know that there is no absolute requirement that a Temple be built on the Temple Mount. Certainly, Christians who believe Christ's words "should" believe that the Wailing Wall "should not" be a remnant of that Temple that was supposed to be utterly destroyed.

One thing I wonder about sometimes is "how" exactly the Ark of the Covenant could be "found". If this is in the big plan, that it should be a part of the new Temple (not that it's required, the Second Temple did not have the Ark), but how might Baha'i play into it? Could they possibly get in the middle of the whole affair somehow?

I have written about the "number of the Beast" before in connection with Mohamed, but you shine more light on Baha'i in this regard, I will have to look into it more.

Anyway, you certainly have my support.

JR

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by senmcglinn

the Universal House of Justice is specifically barred from being any sort of government, by its own charter (the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Baha). The Bahai Faith has 'the separation of religion and politics' as one of its core principles, see for example wp.me... where this is listed by Abdu'l-Baha as the ninth (!) in his list of 11 Bahai teachings.

Your statements suggest that you are likely Baha'i.

Considering the fact that this thread specifically treats of this mysterious number, "666", I wonder if you could kindly share the Baha'i perspective on this number.

From what I understand, the Baha'i are pretty much the only religious group that thinks this number is "good"...Perhaps people reading through this thread might like to hear the "other side"...Could you elaborate?

JR

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
The 616 predates any reference to 666 by at least a hundred years.

Believe what you like but at least try to be objective about it.

I'm far from religious by the way, I just always found this discovery funny because people still run around thinking its 666, when it isn't.

With the prevalence of 'Swedish Rounding' the number of the Beast is now 670.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i wonder if there even is a way to calculate the number? ive seen a lot of theories and only a few have seemed to hit home.
edit on 24-11-2010 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ok, I used what I knew. I used the hebrew alphabet. The word is ziv wich means splendor glamor luster brilliance and brightness now back words i got vision so i really don't know but i am about to try the greek alphabet i will post any updates
edit on 25-4-2011 by mysterio6655 because: i was incorrect

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

6+6 12*6 is 72 is actually really interestingalot of people who look into the freemasonry and existance of the illumanati found that in 1772 is when satans reign began in the world there is another post in ATS having to do with numerology on the dollar bill beneath the pyramid

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
E = 'ayin = 70

Sa = sin = 300

U = waw = 6

A = 'ayin = 70

Ma = mem = 40

Le = lamedh = 30

K = koph = 100

= 616

www.blueletterbible.org... & www.blueletterbible.org...

KJV Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

KJV Exodus 17:16 For he said, Because the LORD [Yahweh] hath sworn that the LORD [Yahweh] will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.

KJV Genesis 28
8 Thus dwelt Esau in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.
9 And these are the generations of Esau the father of the Edomites in mount Seir:
10 These are the names of Esau's sons; Eliphaz the son of Adah the wife of Esau, Reuel the son of Bashemath the wife of Esau.
11 And the sons of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zepho, and Gatam, and Kenaz.
12 And Timna was concubine to Eliphaz Esau's son; and she bare to Eliphaz Amalek: these were the sons of Adah Esau's wife.

"The Number of the Beast (Greek: Ἀριθμὸς τοῦ θηρίου, Arithmos tou Thēriou) is a term in the Book of Revelation, of the New Testament, that is associated with the Beast of Revelation in chapter 13.[1] In most manuscripts of the New Testament and in English translations of the Bible, the number of the beast is 666. Papyrus 115 (which is the oldest preserved manuscript of the Revelation as of 2017), as well as other ancient sources like Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, give the Number of the Beast as 616 (χιϛ), not 666;[2][3] critical editions of the Greek text, such as the Novum Testamentum Graece, note 616 as a variant.[4]" - en.wikipedia.org...

"The latest volume includes details of fragments showing third- and fourth-century versions of the Book of Revelations. Intriguingly, the number assigned to "the Beast" of Revelations isn't the usual 666, but 616." - news.nationalgeographic.com...

Many of the Antichrist Pseudo Jew are descended from Esau and Amalek. The rest are descended from Cain and possibly the remnant of Canaan. The Antichrist/Beast is not just one man.

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." KJV Romans 2:28-29

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Yahshua is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also." KJV 1 John 2:22-23

"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan." KJV Revelation 2:9

"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee." KJV Revelation 3:9

MYSTERY BABYLON = Kabbalah + Babylonian Talmudic Judaism
modernmysteryschoolil.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.chabad.org...
freemasonry.bcy.ca...
gnosis.org...
www.washingtonpost.com... d2984b_story.html?utm_term=.011f2851fc19
en.wikipedia.org...
www.sacred-texts.com...
2 + 2 = 4
Freemasonry lies. The early Christians did not practice Kabbalah. The Gnostics were Heretics. Gnosticism was the first great Heresy.

Not only do the Talmudic Antichrist Pseudo Jews not worship Yahweh God, they are not even physically descended from Israel. They are Esau/Edom, Cain, and possibly also the remnant of Canaan.

They are the Chief Horn of the Beast. Pseudo Israel is the Little Horn.

Adam literally means "Ruddy" in Hebrew - www.blueletterbible.org... & www.blueletterbible.org...

KJV Song of Solomon 5:10 My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.

And, btw, 'arab means "to mix" in Hebrew - biblehub.com...

The current population of the Middle East are the most mixed people on the earth.

edit on 24-11-2017 by BryanRebenstorf because: Forgot to put the"e" (which is not written in Hebrew) after the lamedh/L in Amalek

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join