It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Interpreting this Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So im usually pretty good at picking apart my own dreams based on whats going on in my life or what has been on my mind, and the symbolism.This one seems fairly obvious but I feel like im missing something.

The Dream

So in the dream im at a party and someone is showing me around and explaining to me whats going to happen. But I dont actually hear voices is more of a feeling. So what im "told" is that the party is not a secret but we are safe from whatever is supposed to be happening. (which is never made evident to me) So im walking around and I come to the living room, there is a window there with blinds and its night. Then all of a sudden there is a bright light outside the window and i see it coming in through slits in the blinds. Im about to look outside when the person showing me around "tells" me not to. So I dont but all of a sudden everyone else who was there is gone. Except for two people, who i reconized in the dream but cant remember now. They were "telling me" that we needed to hide. Then they were gone. So at this point im thinking like I would in real life. Looking for somewhere to hide, but there is nowhere because the apartment is barely furished. So I figure what the hell im going outside to face whatever is out there. I walk outside and it looks like it is daylight and I dont look for the source of the light. Im on a balcony and at the far end there are two aliens. They were half my size, green, with very human features, one of them had a beard. No big eyes or big head, etc. They start walking towards me and im not scared, I just accept it for what it is. Then, im in a train station, im supposed to be doing something for them, but I dont know what it is. But instead I figure I can lose them, so I buy a ticket for a train going the opposite direction and I wake up.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Our brain cooks up a dish in our dreams, and it's a guessing game when we wake up, trying to identify the ingredients. Sometimes I think there is a cosmic consciousness, and the every brain can tap into it; unfortunately not on will yet, but only subconsciously. So, we can "see" things into the future...where of course, there is no future, because time is a mirage....past, present and the future are happening in one continuous moment of spiritual orgasm.
I could be way off on this, but I'll chip in with my interpretation.

I see the aliens...representing strangers. That bright light...an important, eye-opening/life-changing moment...someone might approach you for help...others are afraid of them, but you are not...you trust them, when others don't. Train...represents LIFE. It will come down to your choice...and your decision to help them or not will influence your life in a way you can't configure at this stage....

Again, I could be wrong, but that's what I "see."

I pray and hope, that if a life-changing event does occur, only good things happen for you. Be well, my friend.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
you have to explain what has been been happening in your life, your mind, and your feelings. usually dreams use symbols that you can relate to and that are derived from things of momentary significance but which represent completely different concepts than what they may seem to portray in the dream itself. for example, though you saw aliens, it could mean anything from a pair of strangers to a wise man with two personalities (bearded man and the undescribed partner) to a desire to be closer to your father like symoblized by the bearded alien and the other who, because they are a pair, could represent an unknown idea of a relationship you want, and the light you saw was a symbol of revelation that this is indeed what you need but is difficult for you to grasp, and that friend who told you not to look is the image of your conscious telling you you don't need that relationship but your desire in the dream to know what the light and these aliens are about is your subconscious telling you what should be done...
you know there's a crap load of variance. you have to give us some place to start. what do you think the symbols are in your dream? what do you think is meant to be portrayed by each symbol in a general sense? how do you think you can relate to each symbol where it be superficially like you actually believe two aliens will visit you or maybe those two unidentified things actually embody a concept or an emotion.
edit on 20-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Well I will say that i've had tons of life changing events in the past 5 years, im 22 still in the age range where most people are still figuring out who they are, what they want out of life, etc. But put simply I have been through a lot of things that have took me places physically/mentally/spiritually I would never have expected. And I honestly feel like its a bit much, because everytime I feel like i've reach stability, something happens that completely changes my paradigm...but I wouldnt trade what i've learned about people/the world/universe/spirituality/religion etc. And it really frustrates me that a lot of people are blind to a lot.

But anyway, this particular dream is bothering me because I can feel that im missing something. I have a lot going on right now for me to actually pin it down to one thing. Im in the process of moving, just tied down an ok job, changing the status of a lot of relationships in my circle, and trying to find time to bring meditation back into my normal routine.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You have been through a lot in life, my friend. But from the fact that you have survived...grown...tells me that you have a lot of inner strength. I hope you figure out what the missing piece is. But know that you have the strength to overcome whatever challenge life throws at you. Be well.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
here's what i think... the aliens represent something to you, it could something unknown or it could be actual aliens (esp seeing as how you obviously have an interest to be on this site but ask yourself why you are here... that may be the most important piece of the puzzle) you are at a gathering where people are communicating with you without words. here is an idea of what that could symbolize from online dream meanings (no, I don't think they can interpret dreams per se but they can lead you in the right direction by giving you ideas of symbolism. You have to ultimately decided how your feelings line up.

"To dream that you have telepathy, signifies a personal and highly spiritual message from your unconscious. Your telepathic abilities suggest that you need to pay more attention to what people are telling you and conveying to you. The dream may also indicate that you need to better connect with people. Your telepathic dreams can help and show you how to talk to certain people; it is like a "rehearsal" of sorts. "

so this is an important message to yourself perhaps, or that you need to really use your intuition when talking to people irl. you need to pay close attention. like the absence of being verbal is trying to make you pay MORE attention to something.

there is something that frightens people, this is where the dream pivots and this is important. It's a fear. what are your current fears? In the dream you face it, you go outside to see daylight. I think this symbolizes clarity in this case. You are going to find answers, but then you see what the fear was. again this is what you are facing, perhaps irl...a real concern. could be aliens but could be other things as well i think. only you really know the answer to that but i wouldn't count out actual aliens because you are on this forum.

...but then the dream pivots again and you feel they want you to do something. is this a bad feeling? do you feel controlled? it seems many people have a fear of being controlled by aliens. only you know how this really made you feel and the underlying concern in your real life that could most likely be what it is symbolizing. it may not be aliens controlling you at all, maybe something else you feel a pawn to, or out of control about.

ultimately, instead of doing whatever this is (whether or not it felt important or that you were being lead) you ducked out and went the opposite direction. this may symbolize you regaining a control that you felt you lost if that was the case. it could be a relief that you went the opposite direction due to HUGE fear or it could have been a small fear that would like to overcome and how did it leave you feeling? did you feel like you should have made another choice or did it feel like a relief?
the train symbolizes you path in life... and as has been said, the choice appears to be up to you... but only you know what is driving these emotions. if the dream was vivid and really effected you, then think about what is really affecting you in real life and that is what it is most likely about.

I find it interesting that the dream changes twice. at first you face a fear, or maybe you were just curious. secondly, you change your mind or resist being controlled. only you know the answer as to what these two situations could mean and why they seem different regarding your actions.
edit on 20-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
oooo OOOO OOOO.

Raises hand again. I bet this is important.

Why are you wanting to meditate a lot?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
At the end of your dream, you say you try to lose them by purchasing a ticket to go in the other direction. to me that seems odd because originally when they came to you, you had no fear and accepted their approach or friendship or something. that itself i think has a lot to say.
can you give any better characteristics of the aliens?
can you remember if you were nervous at all when you met them? explain any emotion you felt at that particular time. i think if you can determine that, the rest of the dream will make plenty more sense.
you say you are reorganizing your relationships? that may be fundamental to the fact that in your dream everyone in the room or party left and only your one friend was there, telling you not to look at the light. i think maybe then you should be careful about how you decide on your relationships then. it seems maybe the one you think is of most importance to you might be either a really good relationship and one that will benefit you more than you realize (the friend in the dream gave you advice not to look out the window, yet you did, then you ended up doing something you did not want to do, which possibly the friend wa trying to protect you from, such as in this case you were on a train doing something for the aliens which you had no clue what or why exaclty you were doing it, and hence tried to go in the opposite direction, signifying that you were trying fight against the aliens in an indirect sense), or it is possible that this important relationship may be bad because the friend in the dream was trying to control you, trying to stop you from looking out the window, even though you wanted to. i think the first is more likely. if that is the case, then be happy to know that the relationship restructuring may turn out for the best, that is, if you listen carefully to your frriends advice, like maybe you should have in the dream. because the way it concluded suggests that you remained either stubborn or complacent and as a result became involved in something you did not want to be a part of. running away is always a very significant symbol in a dream, and usually has a very specific meaning, unlike most symbols. the fact that you ran away at the end and that you woke up once you started moving in the opposite direction i think shows that you might be in the middle of your spiritual "bondage" so to speak. maybe you are feeling obligated to do something that you feel inside you don't really want to be doing. eventually you will have to break free, and your dream is telling you that you will, either before or after a certain event (such as with meeting the aliens who symbolizes the unknown or unidentifiable or at the moment unrelatable event).

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for all the input guys. Actually all of you have pretty much spot on for the most part. What "asperetty" said made me realize what I was missing is that most of what the dream was symbolizing has already happend. I had this dream earlier in the week and have been mulling it over but the ulitmately missing piece was of that of the bearded alien. When I consulted my little dream dictionairy, i didnt think that the fact that the alien had a beard was important so i just ignored it. This may sound pretty corny, esspecially if you hate country music, lol, but I was browsing youtube and listening to random songs and stumbled upon this song called "Walk Like a Man" by Tim McGraw. Which is funny in and of itself because I usually listen to alt rock but I was in a mood to explore. This song caused me to break down for like a half hour.

My father died when I was 7, and as a rebel by self definition I like to think outside the box and that certain rules down apply to me. So growing up a lot of men tried to be a mentor or fill in the gap, etc etc. But I pretty much convinced myself that I didnt need/miss that connection and basically pushed them all away. And thought that me and my dad are not alike at all. But the more I run away from it the more I realize its not true. Esspecially during times like these were im going through a big changes. I just sometimes wonder what he would say/think/etc. Thats as personal im going to get on ats but trust me there is a lot more to that and im sure you guys can fill in the gaps for the most part. And I just realized all of this a couple of days ago and im still process the implications on my worldview. (I love sociology and psychology)

But I dont think I stated the ending of the dream clearly enough. It was the bearded alien who gave me something to do. And I made the decision at the train station not to do it. I got a ticket going in the opposite direction...i assumed i was trying to lose them. But I think that goes back to what I stated above. And if you listen to the Tim McGraw song I think it will be painfully obvious.

As far the question as to why I feel like I need to meditate more, I just like the feeling. Im also very spiritual and I believe im more aligned with my inner self when I meditate more. Which goes back to a big spiritual revolution I had two years go. But anyway I think I had a breakthrough.

But I have also been holding onto a secret for a friend, and mistakenly, told a mutual friend of ours because I thought it would help their relationship. But the friend that I told still would not understand. So of course I had to go back to our friend and tell them what I did. At first I thought maybe that was related, it still might be, but I feel like the other experience is more important to the light/aliens.

What ChoasMagician said about telepathy is interesting.

Any other insight you guys may have is more than welcome.
edit on 20-11-2010 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
There was a thread recently referencing an article about quantum physics and how the past may not have happened yet... In this article is described the 'collapsing of possibilities'. Perhaps our dreams are just that and that is why it can be so difficult to have a good recollection of them.

I apologize for the poor 'tying-in'...I don't have the article handy and don't have the time to look it up.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
well sticking to the dream and father relation, if you are saying that you are still attached to your father's memory and consult that attachment whenever you get into tough situations, then it is possible that your dream is telling you to let go. like i said, the alien pair could symbolize a relationship that is unknown to you and which you want dearly but will never have. the fact that this person tried to keep you from seeing out the window could suggest that there is someone else who can help you and guide you other than your father or the memory of him. that you were not hesitant to accept this bearded alien suggest you would prefer to remain attached to the memory, even if it does not prove to be beneficial for you, such as what played out after the alien meeting with the whole train scenario and you not wanting to be a part of it. the light from the window could symbolize that the attachment to your father is blinding or is hampering your ability to see further, to progress even more, that you never should have looked there, because what you need is already here beside you. the part about you going in the opposite direction on the train just shows that eventually you will move on from whatever it may be that is holding you back, whether you realize that something actually is holding you back or not, regardless if you decide to move on yourself now or later. the two individuals who recommended you hide could be me and chaosmagician trying to get you to do something good for yourself haha.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

That could be true, but I forgot to mention that this is the first time I ever felt that I wanted to know what he thought. As in I as a person, was not acknowledging that part of myself or those emotions it was against my belief system in a way. Its hard to put into words. I usually dont resort to his memory in times of personal hardship(this directly) but I mean obviously I have thought about it in the past. But basically all of the feelings I said I experienced after hearing this song and the ones that followed after thinking about it are new to me. Maybe I needed to feel/explore them in order to hop on the train and move on? I was thinking maybe the voice was symbolic of my conscious mind in that I refused to allow myself to believe these things before in my waking state. But you could be right, im still reflecting.
edit on 20-11-2010 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
My guess is that you ran two dreams together, either while dreaming them, or in your recollection of the night's production.

The first part, up to where you step outside, is a common dream motif. I call it "unseen menace," but it doesn't have a searchable name so far as I know. Anyway, you did the right thing to resolve that situation, which is to confront the unseen whatever.

I just don't know whether that really was the end of your dream, but it could have been. Yours is the second instance of unseen menace I've read where the dreamer did "the right thing" and there wasn't a pay-off for doing so within the dream itself. The other time, I think the dreamer was awakened by a poorly timed external disturbance.

You did get a little farther than he did, in that you saw for yourself that there was no actual menace outside. Other dreamers, though, continue on to have an emotionally positive experience with their formerly unseen former menace.

On the other hand, you and the aliens were cooperating, and that is consistent with the message of the uinseen menace motif. On the third hand, that consistency may be why you would be able to combine two dreams together in your memory.

I don't know, but I hope that much helps you sort this out.

edit on 20-11-2010 by eight bits because: dissatisfaction with the original

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

if this is the first time you felt this way, then maybe this is why this is the first time you had this dream, get what I mean? My opinion, is that if speculating over your father right now is having any significant effect on you during a conscious state, i think it is important that you set it aside and don't ruminate about what your father would say, because the reality is that you'll never know, and you'll only be putting your own words that you want to hear in his mouth. true, they may be positive, influential, and/or inspirational words, but they won't be his. the song was probably the trigger, no doubt about that. it made you consciously aware of your feelings. but you can't pinpoint anything or make any concrete conscious decision, that is your trouble (?). and i think maybe that what you are doing is that you are trying to compensate for your indecisiveness by looking to your deceased father, or anyone else for that matter for advice, which your subconscious (through the dream) is telling you is not going to help- only you can help yourself. i think you are right, you have to make the decision to go your way, hop on that train and discover the meaning of your emotions. meditation will halp. dreams are a complicated matter. they use so much useless imagery just to portray a single, simple concept. maybe all the symbols and their meanings are real, that the alien is a father that the light is actually a shadow that your lowered inhibitions during the encounter represented an patternistic mindset etc etc...but in the end, all your dream is telling you is to trust in your own decision. as amateur dream interpreters, i think we did alright haha. i wonder what carl jung could've gotten from all this. usually he can define specific messages in a dream rather than vague morals like we. regardless, good luck!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Thanks for your input eight bits, I think the unseen menace fits if im understanding you correctly. But I dont think I ran two dreams together only because it seemed to be a linear progression of events, which could have just been my conscious minds way of understanding it. But everything that happened was a result of what happened before. I could feel that all of them were related, all the messages I got within the dream were non-verbal. So when I say "told, tell, speak" I dont mean I literally heard anything within the dream. But i've never heard of unseen meance dreams before, do you have an any information on them under a name other than you call them?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well, I wasn't there
. I can say that there is a "boundary" in your report, at when you stepped outside. Up through then, your dream is similar to a dream that many people have dreamt. After that, there is a continuation that sounds personal to you, or at least something which is not so easily recognized as a dream you share with many, many others. But why there is a boundary, I can only guess.

Anyway, I thank you for adding to my experience, since I now have two instances of the challenge being accepted, to confront the unseen menace, without an unambiguously positive pay-off in the dream. Leraning is good.

As to your question, even though there are many common dream motifs, they don't seem to have searchable names that I have ever seen, just descriptive phrases ("Being unexpectedly naked in public," "Being unprepared for a test," "Jung's house dreams," ...).

Sorry I can't be more helpful with that.

As to Unseen Menace, it gets reported a lot as a nightmare, and for people who hide or run away rather than confront, it seems to recur. So, people who dream that version are motivated to talk or post about it.

My favorite "challenge accepted" report was from a lady who got it right the first time, had a nice visit with the former menace, a monster, who then became a recurring character in her later dreams. He was a "good guy" in his later appearances. The lady reported it because it interested her. She was tickled that other people had similar dreams, but hers had that special twist, and it really is cool.

top topics

join