It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

limited acess wireless connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have a second laptop that can see my network but keeps coming up with limited access. i tryed everything i can think of.
the one i am using is running vista and the new one is win7.

can anyone help me out..thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

You should try typing in your address bar "192.168.1.1 then access your router by typing username and password. Then go to the security tab and try switching to WEP and set a password that you can use to connect your lap top securely. Also make sure your routers firmware is up to date. GOOD LUCK

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Usually the limited access alert means the computer did not recieved a DHCP address. If you check it and it shows a 169 address-that's the issue.

Set an IP manually on whatever is appropriate:

example:

IP: 192.168.1.10
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
subnet: 255.255.255.0

DNS: whatever is appropriate: verizons DNS server is 4.2.2.2

Also, be sure to check your firewall if you have one-they can commonly be set to block such traffic.

The above post mentioned going to 192.168.1.1 in your browser: if not getting an IP you wont be able to. These numbers are also based on the presumption you are using a 192.168.1.X network. Other common ones are 192.168.0.X and 10.0.0.X
edit on 19-11-2010 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
usually when I have that problem, I unplug both the modem and router for about 5 minutes, including cables and ethernet hookups. After I plug it back in it works again.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Why is this on ATS??? The idea of this site is wonderful.
Why do I have to spend so much time wading through the BS to actually explore the interesting things that people have to say. If you are having a puder problem wouldn't it make sense to go to the appropriate sites all over the net to help you with your problem. Where is the truth, the news, the conspiracy in your little puder hick up. Give us a break................

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Oh ok attack me it is off topic, blah blah. If you are having a puder problem why not use the obvious forum for it. I really have to wonder....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by undead trev
Why is this on ATS??? The idea of this site is wonderful.
Why do I have to spend so much time wading through the BS to actually explore the interesting things that people have to say. If you are having a puder problem wouldn't it make sense to go to the appropriate sites all over the net to help you with your problem. Where is the truth, the news, the conspiracy in your little puder hick up. Give us a break................

You realize there are multiple boards... Perhaps you should pay attention to boards you are interested in instead of clicking "recent posts" over and over.. That function shows updates across all boards.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

Its posted in the computer forum
Is that a good enough reason

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

foot/mouth(Face+Palm) = ?
edit on 20-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
OOPS my bad
I do apologies

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It maybe something as simple as where the laptop is located.

I will assume you are trying to connect wireless to the router.

There maybe something interfering with the wireless signal to this one laptop.

There are many websites that you can access that will explain this issue.

top topics

join