It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Surviving Flight Attendant Forced To Remove Prosthetic Breast During Pat-Down

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Okay G.O.P.
I tell you what, I've thought about this for a while now, and I do owe you an apology.
I allowed myself to lose control and became too emotional when I first read your initial reply.
For that, and my behavior and posting, I do apologize.
I also have thought about your position on this issue for hours and hours, trying to understand where it is you are coming from.
The thing that I've come to understand about "positions", is that every one of them is the product of NEED,
the culmination of rooted needs, mostly interpersonal and constructed from the individuals core.
Your needs and others needs can have similarities but there will always be some needs that are unique to an individual, and also of varying degrees.
WE, and I'm speaking only on those that would be flying on airliners, not on anything else, only that topic,
we need to of course be safe,
there is already a 'built in' risk to flying, any type of malfunction can result in an accident ending in death,
we take that risk willingly when boarding and flying, should something happen at 36,000 ft with engines or pressure or whatever there's tragedy.
That 'built in' possible failure exists at any given moment on any given flight, no one can perform perfect maintainence and assure anyone that parts wont fail,
that 'built in' issue is addressed as best it can be, on the ground, preflight, between flights, with safety checks, inspections, parts replacements, etc by trained mechanics and technicans,
people just like anyone here, we trust that they perform their job well, we dont see them perform their job, but we trust that they do,
that, is the 'built in' safety issue.
WE, (still only speaking on flyers) want to also feel safe in our travels against terrorists, nut jobs, attackers, etc,
I dont want you or your loved ones, or myself or anyone for that matter to ever be put into that 'moment' that we can only imagine, a moment of panic and fear and pending doom when some crazy trys to take over an airliner,
I sure want to feel safe and that the airline that I just bought my ticket from will provide me with the safest possible flight.
I need to feel safe, I also need to feel respected, I need to feel appreciated as a customer as well.
The airline needs to do business, they need to make a profit, they need to provide safe travel.

Looks like we've got at a minimum, 6 basic needs that should be met.
Lets see if we, (the airlines and the customers) can do, through a cooperative effort, our combined best at providing these 6 basic needs.

1-Security clearances and background checks on all employees.
2-Access restrictions to areas by employee groupings.
3-Baggage inspection, thorough xray and sniffer inspections of all baggage, all baggage checked, no carryons.
4-Highly Qualified mechanics and techs, recertification yearly, continual training.
5-Elevated level of parts upgrades and replacements.
6-Locked cockpits, absolutely no access by cabin staff available, no exit by flight crew by a minimum of 10 minutes before leaving boarding area.
7-Trained and Armed flight crew.
8-Air Marshall (or private security) on each flight.
9-Passenger passes through metal detector and sniffer.
10-Passengers seat belts to be secured before leaving boarding area, seat belts are to be thoroughly and individually inspected before leaving boarding area, passenger seat belts are to remain locked through entire flight, passenger seat belts are only able to be released by staff at seat belt unlocking station, passenger seat belts are individually controlled.

Has our need for mutual safety been met?
With the 'built in' issues there will of course always be a chance of electrical or mechanical failure, but with elevated maintainence schedules and parts upgrades and replacements that occurance can be narrowed.
With 'built on' safety issues, we've eliminated items to access in the cabin, all bags are checked, we've employed state of the art metal detectors and explosive sniffing devices, we've secured our passengers comfortably for the entire flight with individually electronic controlled seat belts, (simply push the call button and an attendant will visit you, if you need access to the restroom, one passenger at a time can roam freely, OR one is directed forward and one aft)
We also have an armed air marshall or security person on board, and finally we have a secure cockpit with no access allowed from tarmac to tarmac.

No one has been touched, no one has been discriminated against, no one has been disrespected,
no one has been xrayed, no one has been treated as anything other than a passenger, a customer.

If we need extremes, and in some cases we do, and we will never know in which case that is,
if we need extremes, are these posted here sufficient?
Would these be effective, tolerable, and acceptable by the standards that both parties needs demand.
I personally believe yes.

edit on 20-11-2010 by HappilyEverAfter because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No more sympathy from me...if you allow it to happen, it is you're fault! If someone wants to be humiliated, fine, just don't cry about it or expect someone else to stand up where you didn't!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Obviously that lady has some issues.

I had an emergency Xanax in my jeans pocket. I always carry an emergency Xanax in my pocket. The result of severe anxiety.

So lets all get enraged when every person with severe anxiety gets a panic attack near TSA.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Do you know how many people in the world suffer anxiety attacks and have to be treated for them? If someone picked up my baby and walked away with him I'd be freaking out too, and I don't have anxiety attacks!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
People like to say well look at the underwear bomber we need all this stuff for our security, but when you dig deeper into the story it was a set up. The guy never even had a passport, yet he was helped on to the plane bypassing normal security protocols.

Also as to the supposed 9/11 hijackers with utility box cutting knives, just how did they make it through the metal detectors, the blades are metal in those knives? Another setup?

Enforce the protocols that existed pre 9/11, and I know you guys don't like profiling, but when is the last time a middle aged white woman tried to commit an act of terrorism? Seriously use some common sense and everything will be fine. People are so scared of terrorism, the act of flying is risky, yet statistically safer than driving on the highway.

People need to write the airlines in huge numbers saying, we won't fly because the experience is too ugly now.

Money talks, the airlines need to use whatever power they have to fix this too, our they will continue to lose customers. I know they have lost me, I hate the experience now, why would I subject myself to it.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is sad. Enough is enough. TSA should be shut down. It's not like anything's going to happen. Like Mossad hijacking a plane and flying it into a building again.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I prefer criminal/behavioral profiling. Racial profiling will never net any good results.
It would be better to have trained professionals at airports looking for suspicious persons.
Criminal profiling is a PROVEN tactic in discovering criminal activity.

It would be MUCH more preferable than a dragnet system that flies in the face of Constitutional values.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I heard Al Qeada has developed a pill that when you eat it a few hours later you let a radio active biological toxic fart. So now everyone will need to have their farts tested.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is outrageous and that's the point. Regardless of how outrageous government intrusiveness becomes...Americans just take it. They line up like sheep and walk through an x-ray device that (according to an MIT scientist) will "unzip our DNA" or submit to search's where their genitals are probed. This is a test, to see how submissive Americans are. So far, pretty damn submissive...What do ya think would happen if they pulled this crap in France? The French wouldn'T stand for it. reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Aren't sky marshals a security measure? Wouldn't their presence relinquish the necessity to sexually assault random passengers? Or make them/us able to carry-on our "normal" hygienics, and baby formulas? I'm not up to the task of understanding added security measures if these so-called sky marshals are actually being deployed each flight. Are they?

Have they been deemed incompetent or a waste of tax-payer funds?

What's wrong with amping-up the sky marshal force with all that tax-payer money funding these sexual assault, liberty abuse cases?

wiki sky marshal

US Main article: Federal Air Marshal Service The US Federal Aviation Administration began its "Sky Marshal" program in 1968, which eventually became the Federal Air Marshal Service in 1985. That year, an Egyptian security officer on board EgyptAir Flight 648 opened fire on three Abu Nidal Organization hijackers, killing one before being fatally shot himself. In 2005, Rigoberto Alpizar was shot dead by two sky marshals on a jetway at Miami International Airport. Currently, Federal Air Marshal Officers are under Transportation Security Administration.

It looks like the TSAs responsibility is to deploy sky marshals...

You smelling what I'm smelling?
edit on (11/20/1010 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Don’t worry America, you’ve now got the “fox guarding the chicken coop!”

That’s right, the same shadow government and its corrupt self-serving handlers that brought you 9/11 have now brought you the TSA ( a.k.a. Terrorism Support Agency ).

F.T.G.

edit on 20-11-2010 by seasoul because: GOT FREEDOM?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I woulda popped a cap in someone's ass...nuf said on that.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Don’t worry America, you’ve now got the “fox guarding the chicken coop!”

More like the "fox guarding the chicken "coup"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
These pat downs and x-rays are paving the way for RFID. People are going to be standing in line for a chip in order to get in the "Fast Pass" lane at airports. I think people are that upset about it and rightfully so. The question is would you accept the chip in order to bypass the embarrasment of the current situation? Personally, I wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Janet Napolitano Unveils New TSA Public Relations Campaign

In an effort to boost compliance with new full-body scan policy, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano volunteers to pose in front of the scanner for a TSA poster to be displayed at all airports as part of the TSA public relations campaign. (Scroll down for rejected TSA logos).

Update 2 reveals that, at least one vendor so far, is producing mugs, hats, stickers, posters, and T-shirts appropriate for airport wear.

Respectfully,
Adonsa

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

So what? What does having cancer have to do with it? She has a prosthetic breast. It COULD contain any number of hazardous materials.

Threads like this make me sick. There is no real reason to them. Just a catchy headline. If this woman got through and managaed to blow up an airline, this thread would read "Cancer suferer boards plane and blows up flight with prosthetic tit", and people would be up in arms saying that x-ray backscatter doesn't do s**t, etc.

Fed up of useless copy, paste garbage posts like this around here.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

I am an idiot? Thanks for giving me your opinion, but it means nothing. Anyway, when did I "argue" my point of view? Please do tell me. The whole point of my post was regardless of whether she had manure or C4 in her breasts. Do you understand that? Please tell me you do?
edit on 21-11-2010 by Neutradol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Neutradol

First off I apologize for calling you an idiot. That's the 1st warning I think I've got in the 6 1/2 years I've been on this site. It's just people with attitudes like yours get under my skin. When's it going to stop. The next setup bomber plot will be a condom filled with some explosive shoved up someones ass. Is cavity searches going to become routine also.

To the people that argue you don't have to fly. Tell that to business people, families or people on vacation that don't have the time or money to take a "steamboat trip" to Europe or ASIA. Or the people that don't have the time to drive across the country. These new measures are ludicrous and as I said in my post that got booted. These scanners don't even pick up most of the stuff terrorists are using now because the density of the bomb material and their containers is less than clothing making the scanners useless at stopping what they were supposedly brought in to stop.

Well trained agents and bomb sniffing dogs would be far more effective and no need for molesting people. And molesting is exactly what they are doing.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join