It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Surviving Flight Attendant Forced To Remove Prosthetic Breast During Pat-Down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

she was forced to show her prosthetic breast during a pat-down.

So actually if anyone else ever boards a flight again they are willing to get visually raped.

I am going to hide my kids, hide my wife, and you better hide your husbands to , because they be visually raping everybody out there.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just as an aside:

My wife and I take a holiday annually...just our time to head overseas and spend some time together - and inevitably spend a decent bit of money...as you do when on an overseas holiday.

I've been to the US a few times in recent years on work, attending conferences and the like...my wife has never been to the US, so we were planning on our next OE being in the US of A...as I'd very much like her to see all the amazing sights etc that the US has to offer.

To be honest the US is now no longer on our list of countries to holiday in...and a big part of that is due to such things as these security measures.
I get the need for security, safety, threat reduction etc (having worked in various security-orientated employment previously)...and I appreciate that as a Non-American I probably have no right at all or understanding of the full situation to even comment...but...there is also no way we'll be visiting a country that might require, as a standard matter of course, either my wife or I to submit to something we both view as being invasive.

Yes that's our choice...and yes we're only one couple (well, family, as we have a son) who won't be visiting the US...and we're only a minute insignificant drop in the huge ocean of tourism revenue the US gains each year...

...but if you think for a second we're the ONLY people around the world thinking this, the ONLY people/potential tourists who will not be willing to go through such procedures to enter the US, and thus will be taking our tourist dollars to some other country...then thats probably a somewhat unwise stance to take...

Take care not to create an air of unwelcomeness to potential tourists through the messages you're sending to potential terrorists...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It seems clear what it would take to stop this "hands on" approach to security. Enough people not flying, and letting the corporation know exactly why. Nor do I believe it would require a fantastic number of passengers. Even a little less money into their coffers, a little less money to the lobbyists will affect change faster than petitions and a little local air time.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by travelfar

They know peopel will not stop flying, enough will continue.

See how democracy works, the mob rules.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What is TSA's policy on Tampax wearers?
And then there's those incontinent people of mature age who must wear Depends.
Do these items require further inspection?

Quite honestly, if I felt the need to blow myself up in a plane, I'd be a Muslim woman in full burqa, with false breasts, and travelling during menstruation.
Do you think I'd be free to board the plane? I think so.

How absurd this all is.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Instead of just hating the TSA, saying how they are monsters and whatnot, why not actually come up with an actual solution instead of just whining about how your rights are being taken away, because obviously being searched before you board a plane is just completely unreasonable, just like it's unreasonable to search someone before they are taken into questioning.

Which actual security measures would you like to see happen, that wouldn't be invasive? Oh wait, that's kind of a moot point. You're boarding a plane that cost at least a few million dollars, with mostly at least a hundred lives on board. These planes are not yours, so you have entirely no right to board them. It's entirely up to you if you want to buy the ticket. Once you buy the ticket, you knowingly subject yourself to their security measures because it's not your airport, not your plane, nothing is yours except the ticket. Not even your seat is yours, it's just the one they are allowing you to use.

They aren't just protecting the public, but themselves. Put yourself in THEIR SHOES. Realize the amount of money they have flying around in the air, the amount of lives. If a single life is lost, the person who runs that airport is directly responsible no matter what. Just like any squad leader is responsible for any lives that are lost under his command.

Anyone is capable of anything, so everyone is subject to these measures. Oh no, that guy touched one of my kids butt! He's now a homosexual pedophile trying to get it on with my kid!!!!!! OH NOES111111!!11!ONEONEONE!!! Because everyone that searches you is groping you and trying to get their groove on, because everyone is gay.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Adonsa
This is another example of hope and change from those who voted for obama

Gotta slip in a jab at Obama even though he had nothing to do with this!
It's the Dept of Homeland Security that George Bush started after 9/11 that is at the heart of this.

But Obama can't put a stop to it? He cannot sit down and speak with Janet Napolitano?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

Thank God I am not alone! I didn't think people like you existed on ATS. Thank you for your very intelligent post. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Now, prepare to be attacked by the ATS mob about being "molested" and losing "their right" to board someone else's million dollar aircraft/guided missile without going through security.
edit on 20-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

But Obama can't put a stop to it? He cannot sit down and speak with Janet Napolitano

reply to post by Aisling

Funny you should ask... from today: Obama: I understand rage over enhanced screening

Oh really?

"I understand people's frustrations," Obama said, while acknowledging that he's never had to undergo the stepped-up screening methods.

But rest assured, he is asking:

Obama said he's told the U.S. Transportation Security Administration: "You have to constantly refine and measure whether what we're doing is the only way to assure the American people's safety. And you also have to think through, are there ways of doing it that are less intrusive."

At this point, that agency and counterterrorism exports have told him that the current procedures are the only ones that they think can effectively guard against threats such as last year's attempted Christmas-day bombing.

Of course, he's also accepting the answer he gets.

edit on 20-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

Instead of just hating the TSA, saying how they are monsters and whatnot, why not actually come up with an actual solution instead of just whining about how your rights are being taken away, because obviously being searched before you board a plane is just completely unreasonable, just like it's unreasonable to search someone before they are taken into questioning.

Do you honestly think they give a damn what you may come up with as an alternative solution or even listen, you seem to forget this is all about some one making big bucks not about your safety, just ask Chertoff.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Thank God I am not alone! I didn't think people like you existed on ATS. Thank you for your very intelligent post. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Yankee Doodle stuck a feather in his hat and called it Macaroni!

Labelling base stupidity, fear mongering, and paranoia a rose, still won't make it a rose!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Gnarly

Now, prepare to be attacked by the ATS mob about being "molested" and losing "their right" to board someone else's million dollar aircraft/guided missile without going through security.

oh you got it wrong AGAIN!
noone is saying we shouldn't have security they are really asking where does it stop, at what point is the prevention worse then the risk? at what point has it gone too far? are mandatory strip searches to much for you? because were actually only a few steps from that at this point.

how about where do these searches start popping up next? federal building? librarys?there is alot of violence at laundrymats how about we do pat downs there.

also when you bring in the custody or the police search rebuttel keep in mind you the police have to have probable cause to search you and standing in line at an airport is not probable cause, if i came to your house and did this pat down search on your wife i would be arrested. so why is it ok to "by law definition" for the government to sexually violate you" with out any cause.?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I am grateful that I did all my traveling when I was younger and there is no place that I have to go that demands that I fly on a plane.

They can keep their planes, their scanners and their ridiculous physical invasions.

We have to the laughing stock of the world. Are we supposed to be safe because we lock up the innocent and let the guilty run free?

If terrorist are in this country and they wish to make a statement they don't need planes. Besides, if they were responsible for 911 then I think they have already won. Our government is so afraid of terrorist that they not only irradiate their citizens but it strips them of more then just their clothes.

I guess once all plane travel is eliminated then they can put up scanner toll booths that will give you permission to leave your state; or not.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

But Obama can't put a stop to it? He cannot sit down and speak with Janet Napolitano

reply to post by Aisling

Funny you should ask... from today: Obama: I understand rage over enhanced screening

Oh really?

"I understand people's frustrations," Obama said, while acknowledging that he's never had to undergo the stepped-up screening methods.

He doesn't understand a bleedin thing. He hasn't had to stand there and watching his wife and daughters submit to this molestation!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

I think that is exactly why Ron Paul introduced his bill, making even the POS, I mean POTUS and his family be subjected to the same crap. I doubt it will pass of course, but at least he is making his point I guess.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I wonder if the people that voted for Obama knew how radical he was going to be as a leader. He seems more radical than Bush.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Look at you. How many times do I have to tell you it's not about fear or paranoia before you actually get it? Hello McFly anybody home? I don't fear terrorists, I am not paranoid about them. I am just able to see why security at airports would be necessary.

YOU are the fearful one. You fear your liberties are being taken away because you think you have a right to board someone else's aircraft freely. You think you are being molested because someone doesn't trust you and wants to check you for weapons. You are too afraid to let them check you. YOU are the fearful one and you are too friggin blind to see it, and then you have the nerve to accuse ME of being fearful. That is pathetic.

I am not the one fearing my liberties are being taken away, because they aren't. YOU are the fearful one. It's just airport security, I don't even fly once a year, I don't care. If they started putting these scanners at every street corner then I will worry about liberties, but these are friggin scanners at airports you don't own! And don't give me b.s. about "where does it end?".

In reality, it's like a person putting a scanner at the entrance of their home, and the home owner allowing you to enter at your will. YOU are the people who cry about your freedoms when you want to enter that home that isn't even yours! It's simply pathetic. You label THAT stupidity as "patriotic", and can't even see how fearful and paranoid it is...
Yes, Yankee Doodle is YOU.

Here is my impression of most of you:

You are walking down a street, and a stranger accidentally bumps his shoulder against yours. Then you say, "OMG I'm being molested! Help! My 4th Amendment! *cries*".

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

doesn't tsa need to use surgery because of internal organs could have been replaced with whatever weapon?
+most terroristic team is cia, in essence

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

YOU are the fearful one. You fear your liberties are being taken away because you think you have a right to board someone else's aircraft freely

OK genius the aircraft are privately owned by the airline so the federal government is violating their right to be secure in their property. Do you really think the Airlines would choose to put people through this nonsense if they had a choice since they are near bankrupts because of it?... Sigh!

Yea we really need security at the airports while millions come across our southern border yearly unchecked... Sigh!

I am not the one fearing my liberties are being taken away, because they aren't.

Sigh again!.. No one is more enslaved then he who thinks he is free when he is not. There is not much you can do in this country anymore without permission from and being extorted by some government agency.

But hey stupid is as stupid does...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
TSA took my son

The female TSA agent, who had been standing there the entire time said to me, “You need to adjust your attitude and do as you are told.”

The male TSA agent repeated, “I’m going to have to pick him up to inspect him.”

I handed him my son.

I handed him my son and he walked away with my child.

To read the rest of this story: www.mybottlesup.com...

Edit: Just realized that this is a year old story.

edit on 20-11-2010 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join