It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancy Pants French Restarant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, its' been 10 years since me and old Rod started being best buds so to celebrate we went out to dinner. Of course Rod is only happy with some fancy french place so thats' were we went. We drove up to Cincinnati to a place he had made some reservations . The food was pretty good-- we had bruised lamb, oysters, blue cheese potatoes and finished up the supper with champagne ice cream. Of course we had a nice big bottle of red wine

I'll tell ya more about our night, dont' worry but right now Rod is texting me from the bedroom on his fancy iphone and I gotta go see what he wants.
Ronnie

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So we gets this beefcake waiter who only wants to talk to Rod-- "More wine sir?', "What would you like to order sir?'-- stuff like that. So Rod orders even for me (guess that's how the French do it).

The whole time this fool waiter keeps lookin at Rod all the time like he knows him or something. The guy was a real creep.

The whole time I had plans of my own; there was this waitress there just Rods type-- big red hair, big-boned. Every time I points her out to him Rod just says "Ronald, please stop it.' He's no fun acting just like my durn father. We left and I got stuck listening to Mozart (HIS favorite music ) the whole ride home.
Ronnie
edit on 19-11-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dang, sounds like the fancy dinner didn't go so well - and now he's probably texting you to bring him more food 'cause he's still hungry... ya, those French restaurant don't serve enough Real food to fill two big men up... He probably wants you to bring him more wine too. He's a lucky guy, to be served his food and drink in bed...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Rods' not gettin anything else outta me tonite-- if he wants sumthing else to eat he's gonna have to get up and make it himself. I'm to tired.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Beware of those beefcake waiters...

Especially if Rod says "he's just a friend."

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Inch, for the love of all that is good and holy take my advice and video blog all of your posts... The folks here will love it!!! I see you changed up your profile pic, to much #e bout the SS stuff eh? No more bat cave buddy list either.... Did you sell out?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Rod texted you from the bedroom? He has such class.

Most people would have just yelled - how common.

Perhaps you could persuade Rod to give you some tips on etiquette to pass on to the fans of your threads who may need that little bit of extra polish.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Ohh French Restaurant, nice choice! I have been to a couple, very upscale and very expensive but very very good too!

Texting from the bedroom is lazy, ignore that! He should get up off his bum if he wants something.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

The whole time I had plans of my own; there was this waitress there just Rods type-- big red hair, big-boned.

And an adams apple?

Well I Hope Rod at least payed for the meal considering you normally do all of the housework, And the next time he text messeges you from the bedroom make sure to leave your phone on vibrate.

Also I am wondering what ever happened with the bedspread dillema I know the community here gave you alot of suggestions to help you and Rod meet in the middle ...

Did you guys ever "work it out" or are you still "butting heads" ?

Any way thanks for keeping us updated

~meathead

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Thanks for everybuddies replies

Rod said we could get the comforter that I wanted (NOT the argyle one) but that he got to pick the color-- he picked a green and purple one.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f2fbc419999.jpg[/atsimg] I wanted red and black like a lumberjacks' shirt [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dabfdb5aaae3.jpg[/atsimg], but what the hey. We ordered it and it cost only $35.96 and should get here in a coupla days. Hope it gets here soon cause its getting cold here and with him stealing all the covers I'm freezing my rump off.

And listen, big guy-- that lady at the French restarant was just Rod's type so save all the wise acre jokes, will ya funny guy?
Rod just dont' know whats' good for him. He's never been married and he's almost 50 years old

Whats' that tell ya??-- he's real picky I guess.

edit on 20-11-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Not sure what yer talkin about pal but yer jokes arent' too funny.
Me and Rod had a nice friends' dinner and that is that.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Are you telling me you prefer this floofy crap food:

Instead of a meal of this:

Don't make me question your tough guy status. No tough guy would prefer that french crap over some good hearty italian food.

Where is your mind at???

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Rods took me out to supper for our 10 year friendship time. HE was the one who wanted french food, not me.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'd figure ol' Rod an Ronnie would dine exclusively on Kielbasa.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I hear you brother...but sometimes you just have to put your foot down.

A man, especially a tough guy like you, can't survive on that crap they call food in those fancy restaurants. That is why I suggested an alternative dinner, but just as nice, for the two of you.

Answer honestly...what would you rather eat...fancy pants french food...or the food I listed?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Thanks for everybuddies replies

Rod said we could get the comforter that I wanted (NOT the argyle one) but that he got to pick the color-- he picked a green and purple one.

Good for you Ronnie, Sometimes the hardest part of a relat-ahem- friendship is learning to compromise

I wanted red and black like a lumberjacks' shirt

You should ask rod to get you one for christmas this year

but what the hey. We ordered it and it cost only $35.96 and should get here in a coupla days. Hope it gets here soon cause its getting cold here and with him stealing all the covers I'm freezing my rump off.

I bet if you and Rod did some calisthenics, perhaps like wrestling? you could easily "bump" the heat up in such a small trailer simply by getting in a good workout, and come to think of it, it will keep you more toned for the musclebeach come spring time .

And listen, big guy-- that lady at the French restarant was just Rod's type so save all the wise acre jokes, will ya funny guy?

Listen buddy, I am not making jokes here I find your "lifestyle" choice to be better entertainment than ANY reality show...And I assure you I am being just as sincere as you are.

Rod just dont' know whats' good for him. He's never been married and he's almost 50 years old
Whats' that tell ya??-- he's real picky I guess.

Too be honest Rod really seems like an overbearing grouchy dominating and arrogant type of guy.I am surpised that you have had the patience to make it to your ten year anniversary. Maybe you could get him to come post here so he can tell his side of the story ???

Respectfully,

~meathead
edit on 20-11-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Rod and me are always working it out at home but the durn trailer is still cold this time of year. Theres' not really much room for wrestling. Rods' a hands on kinda fella so I'm surprised he hasnt' tried to put me in a bear hug or somethim to prove hes' a tough guy.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Restaurant, brasserie, cafe, chef, and the names of all classic sauces - all French words. Francophobes wanting to avoid the influence of the French should probably make sure the sign says "IHOP" or "diner" before they go in (but avoid the crepes at IHOP).

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcultassi

Hey bud, I never said the food wasnt' good, only that they was fancy pants

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join