It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't like lights in the sky don't even bother opening this one

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Not a lot of details save the footage was taken over the Lickey Hills which are South West of Birmingham in the UK Midlands. At least the footage is pretty clear and for those tried of life and lights in the sky you can at least go.. ooooo the sky's so purdy...

I could go on to point out how.. oop here in the Northern latitudes we have proper twilights not like those namby pamby ones you have in California however, I'm way too mature to indulge in that sort of silliness and yes that is the contrail of a the top secret Aurora craft which was sent on a spying mission to ascertain is there actually any intelligent life in Aston.

So.... it's video there's alight in the sky... first person to say mylar balloon will have "I want Stephen Greer's Alien Child" tattooed on their butt. The first person to say..Nothing to see here, move along... will be forced to watch the remake of V ion an endless loop

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would say is a satellite but the object appears to be in front of the "chemtrail" not behind.. Interesting.. I'll wait for the official stand on this video.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

under the jet exhaust, moving slowly, round, no change in direction or height,....a helium balloon released by a kid at someone's bithday party. geez...not everything in the sky is a alien spacecraft.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My guess is rudolphs albino brother getting ready for X-mas eve.
There, no V or butt tatoos for me!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't think it was under the contrail. I think the contrail was spread too thin to block the light. At times you see the brightness of the object dim slightly when it moves to thicker parts of the contrail, which I think indicates it is above the contrail.

Also, it looks more like the contrail is moving, not the object.

I would have liked to see it "disappear" but it seems to just sit there and do nothing like a celestial object would. I am always weary of UFO videos that never show how the object leaves the scene.

I wouldn't doubt this is Jupiter, or another planet. I filmed Jupiter recently, and it looks just about the same brightness and size at this time.

I need more info before I call this a real UFO. As of now it is still a possible IFO.

-edit-

Hmm, I thought this was from 2010, but after looking at the guys videos there is the same exact video submitted in 2009. I wonder why he submitted it twice.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
going to have to say weather balloon

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It doesn't seem to move enough to be a satellite, so I'm unsure, but interesting nevertheless.
Did ya check Stellarium for reference?

So.... it's video there's alight in the sky... first person to say mylar balloon will have "I want Stephen Greer's Alien Child" tattooed on their butt. The first person to say..Nothing to see here, move along... will be forced to watch the remake of V ion an endless loop

Thanks for the laugh yo!

spec
edit on 19-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What was the time of day and the direction of filming.
Tempting to say Venus if it's the morning or Jupiter the evening.
More likely it is Jupiter and an evening as Venus is more a crescent at the moment.
On looking back to the 3/9/9 it would seem more likely to be Vega or Arcturus.

Oh and a good pick up, it's an old video too.
edit on 19-11-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
1. This is obvously behind the chemtrail as previously mentioned.
2. The chemtrail is drifting and the object is stationary.
3. This is a star or planet.
4. Yes I shouldn't have bothered opening this one.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Pretty cool. It does feel like the contrail is moving. Just my 2 pennies.
I think people should invest in tripods as much as they do in cameras and phones.
I got one for 15 bucks at my local camera shop. I carry it with me in the car.
And in the house as well. Makes judging movement a hell of a lot easier.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'd guess pretty much sure it was this evening judging by the weather. Venus is morning star right now and Jupiter is very close to the moon so don;t think either of them is responsible. If it is above the contrail it's one sizable balloon.

So another one of those, if only's... That said, we are in part, about cataloguing here so thought I'd bring it to people's attention. If nothing else, the colours are simply stunning.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

According to the colors of the sky, you can see there is Rayleigh scattering. So I am assuming this is during or slightly before sunset.

According to the video he is facing a few degrees south of west. When he moves the camera down you can see the sun setting to the right, and the sun sets in the west. That would be slightly south of west.

I think the sun is behind the clouds just above the horizon, so this may be slightly before sunset. The original video is said to be taken on March 2009.

www.timeanddate.com...

Sunset in Birmingham U.K. on the month of March 2009 is between 5:47 PM and 6:35 PM. On March 29, 30, 31 is Daylight Saving so sunset is between 7:37 PM and 7:40PM.

According to Stellarium, Venus is right in that location for the first half of March.

I think it just may be Venus.... now watch me get flamed for even suggesting it is Venus.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
First off, thanks for the contribution. Secondly, I mean no disrespect in what I'm going to say.

If you see a UFO and you film it and post it in public, prepare to help identify it, by providing as much detail as possible. I see so many posts like this, and honestly, I'd like to understand what it is too. But we cannot know, because there is not enough information.

At the bare minimum you should provide: The Date and time, the Direction you are facing, your location, the approximate angle from the horizon - find another celestial object nearby for reference.

Or even better...

Learn about Astrometry:
en.wikipedia.org...

Free Online Star Charts based on your zipcode:
www.wunderground.com...

How to Make a Clinometer:
www.ehow.com...

How to Make an Astrolab:
cse.ssl.berkeley.edu...

Edit to add: The Iphone has just the app all UFO hunters need! itunes.apple.com...

edit on 19-11-2010 by Smack because: added link

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Too far from the sun to be Venus for me and wrong colour. In that sky Venus is an intense golden yellow not white.

Strangely enough, if you pause the video at 2mins 22 seconds, Venus should be in that shot.
edit on 19-11-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Too far from the sun to be Venus for me and wrong colour. In that sky Venus is an intense golden yellow not white.

Strangely enough, if you pause the video at 2mins 22 seconds, Venus should be in that shot.

What do you mean too far from the Sun to be Venus? On March 2009 before sunset, Venus is in the exact location in the video.

What do you mean wrong color? I have never seen Venus any other color but bright white like a star.

Venus IS in that shot, it is the "UFO".

-edit-

Here is a screen shot of Stellarium on March 1st, 2009 at 5:30PM in Birmingham U.K. pointing just south of west. The time is in PST so 9:30am = 5:30pm in the U.K.

img534.imageshack.us...

edit on 19-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by pazcat

I think it just may be Venus.... now watch me get flamed for even suggesting it is Venus.

I'm actually leaning towards being Venus, and now that I have analyzed the video a little more, it does appear the chemtrail is thin enough for the brightness of the object make it look as if it was IN FRONT of the *chemtrail, I'm still a little bit unsure though.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Enter Ruin because: *fixed a word

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoonToo far from the sun to be Venus for me

What does that mean?
For you?!
How far from the sun is it?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I concur it is Venus.

I had to explain that to many people while I was a security type in a public place.

Everybody wants to think it is something it is not instead of what it is.

People just jump to conclusions nowadays without using logic and eliminating the obvious.

We have become a society of ignorant people with cameras and internet access.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Venus is a deep golden colour never white and the angular distance form the sun in that video, to my eyes is far too great for it be Venus. I'm no professional astronomer however, it has been a passion since i was a small child.

This Venus at it's greatest elongation and to my eyes it is nowhere near high enough to be the object in the video.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I've seen this exact thing twice before. I tried filming it on one occasion, but the resolution was too low, so I took 2 photos, which showed the sphere.

Ironically, although the one I was trying to film in the video didn't show, another one did in 5 frames zooming past.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join