It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Area 51 Triangle Tower. What do you think it is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

This triangle tower at Area 51 has quit a few theories behind its purpose but not a definite answer. So I figured I would post up some of the ideas I have read about and see what the other members of ATS think.

Sensor

Because the tower is close to radar sensors it is theorized that the tower could be used for testing new stealth radar capabilities. It could be used in RCS or some other radar sensor. Maybe its a radar death ray that came from stolen Nazi technology. It could also be some kind of new sensor array or communication tower.
New Radar
Radar as Death Ray

Solar

The idea has been thrown out there that it could be a solar thermal tower or some other form of solar power gathering device.
Solar Power

Teleportation

I came across this link that talks about obelisks being involved in teleportation. So it could be some kind of teleportaion antenna. I know this tower is not an obelisk but I thought I would just throw this one out there.
Teleportation

Project Blue Beam

It could be some kind of hologram projection tower. I could not find the source again but I remember reading somewhere that if the speculation was that if the gov. had hologram technology to fake ufos they would use it based out of Area 51.
Blue Beam
Holograms

Testing Rig

It could be a testing rig for some type of optical stealth plating. I have read that electrochromic plating and other optical stealth technology is being tested and used at Area 51. Maybe this is why the tower rotates to fully test the abilities of the plating.
Electrochromic Panels

Racetrack

Maybe the tower has something to do with the "racetrack" that is close close to its location. I have heard the possibility that they are testing unmanned ground vehicles(UGVs) so is the tower somehow related to that?

In my opinion it is some type of testing rig for optical stealth plating or its some type of radar sensor. These are only my thoughts though so what does the rest of ATS think?
edit on 19-11-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
what makes me wonder is..theres no shadow from this "tower"

maybe its optical illusion and its a flat thing?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Looks like a very high tech aircraft control tower, like every airport in the world has.

With all the media attention given to this area I would think they would have moved anything worth moving to another site like Tonopah which most believe (not me) is now Area 52.

But I don't think they are that stupid and maybe I'm giving them too much credit but if they can hide aliens on our planet for all these years I think they could hide a military base from the general public.
edit on 11/19/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That is odd that there isn't a shadow.
Unless if this is far from complete, I don't think its part of a test track or air control tower... theres no parking or other significant structures around it.

With the 3 right angles, perhaps something to bounce radar off of?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Maybe... just maybe they built it to get people like us talking and speculating o draw our attention away from something selse that is near it that we can't see so easily...

My theory: A red herring building because the site aint used any more and thney are giving us lot something to gawp at

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The tower appears to be some sort of rotating antenna array. It seems to be closely associated with other radar cross-section measurement facilities.

The nearby "race track" is just a jogging track. It is very similar to physical training facilities found at most Air Force bases.

Tonopah Test Range (listed as "Area 52" in some Department of Energy documents) is much more visible to the general public that Groom Lake (Area 51). The airfield is clearly visible from Highway 6, as well as other locations on public land.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I was thinking the same thing but the picture says it was captured at 11:26 am so the shadow might just be really small at that time of the days since the sun is almost straight above it.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There may not be a shadow because of the position of the sun at the time of the imaging. It is not flat because there are picture from before that proove it is a tower.

If it was a flight control tower then why would it need to rotate? They normaly have enough windows around flight control towers to see 360 degrees so why would it need to rotate? It could be something to bounce signals off of though.
edit on 19-11-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Clearly not a "flat" thing... it is the tallest of all buildings on the sight:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e4a67587c64.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What you see in the picture above is mostly shadow, the tower itself, (the dog-leg to the left) is not all that noticeable looking down from above.
edit on 19-11-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

I keep going to the image link and cant see anything.. just red x's where the image should be..

though someone said there were no shadows? well are we sure, since I cant see the image, that its a tower, and doesnt possibly descend, giving you a tower look

eta: alright, cool... people posted images.. so my thoughts were completely wrong.. I couldnt tell you what that is.. I wouldnt think twice if I were to see it though..
edit on 19-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I don't know why the pic isn't working for you but it works for me. If you got to the link provided below you should be able to see the tower. Also the pic that was inbeded was from a previous time when it was not complete or as near completion as the pics at this site.
Link

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog

You're right. The item to the upper right has a shadow when I look close up and the tower doesn't?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse

Originally posted by angrydog

You're right. The item to the upper right has a shadow when I look close up and the tower doesn't?

The OP's linked picture was taken at near mid-day, unlike Clairaudience's picture which shows up as mostly the shadow of the tower.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This could be on the face of it something of a find for the OP. It is most likely radar, but it may have other qualities. First off most likely this is SSPAR radar, (Solid state phased array) it is not likely to be a mobile platform, no need for revolving, and can scan to great distances. Sample here at RAF Fylingdales,

www.raf.mod.uk...

Although it is hard to get a view of the array here?? this other link has a picture and the structure is large, and the link has a lot of info and deals with a particular problem for the poster, and also brings into mind other of the OP's options, undetectable in the first instance, and possibly death ray/dar if you want to speculate not even a little.

observations.biz...

Good find OP.
edit on 19-11-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is definitely a RCS tower. Due to where it was built and all of the stuff located around it. Oh and the company that probably built it has a photo of if on their web site. Humm... click the link and scroll down!

www.thehowlandcompany.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DesertShadow
It is definitely a RCS tower. Due to where it was built and all of the stuff located around it. Oh and the company that probably built it has a photo of if on their web site. Humm... click the link and scroll down!

www.thehowlandcompany.com...

Yeah, but they are actually linking to a pic on Lazy G, which was probably deemed okay. I am sure if that company could not actually take a photo themselves and put it up.

You can get a fair guess at what that tower is, from the other kind of of equipment they have built. The guess of our friendly Shadowhawk is probably correct

edit on 19-11-2010 by firepilot because: I had put Dreamland Resort which was incorrrect

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Odd though, that if they were the ones who built it I wouldn't think they would have to get a pic of it off the lazygranch site. I would think they would have taken their own pics.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
Odd though, that if they were the ones who built it I wouldn't think they would have to get a pic of it off the lazygranch site. I would think they would have taken their own pics.

It was probably built or authored by Raytheon. Howland, given the name is most likely one of those companies that are associated with Raytheon. But to add, there are similar/same sites being built elsewhere like this one in Russia at Lekhtusi Voronezh-DM which is under construction, or may be now completed, and also at Armavir. Possibly also in South Korea and regions. They are all mostly quick build and adaptable facilities spawned most likely from the 2003 to date WMD era.

www.ausairpower.net...

similar to RAF Fylingdales in the UK.
edit on 19-11-2010 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertShadow

My problems with it being a RCS tower is that it is not built like any RCS tower I have ever seen, although I do admit I am no exopert on them. The second problem I have is that on the link you provide it says

This aerial photo shows two RCS ranges at Sandia National Laboratories in New Mexico with a connection to The Howland Company.

Area 51 is in Nevada not New Mexico and on the Sandia web site they do not mention having a site in at Groom Lake only having a Nevada project team located at Mercury, Nevada which down the road from Groom Lake. I do also think that it is kind peculiar that they are using a picture from another web site and not one of their own.
www.sandia.gov...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join