It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Freezing Temperature Watch For Late 2010/ Early 2011" Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Keep watching the temperature! It can get ugly.

Aren't you ready for the cold coming? In what ways?

Got any tips on how to keep your home warm under freezing temperatures outside?

Got any tips on how to keep your motor vehicle from not starting when it's freezing out?

Got any tips on how to keep warm if and when you become without a house or apartment?

Discuss.

I am ready for all freezing temperatures coming. Tell Old Man Winter to bring it on!

My only tip for those without houses or apartments is get to Las Vegas for all of its 24/7hr opened buildings. Don't rely on homeless shelters. Even seek help from those with big houses in upscale areas. Surely those folks will help you for when you are definitely stuck in killer cold weather. As for automobiles... get taxi cab numbers ready for if you start to notice any trouble cranking up, so that you can just leave that vehicle at your place before going out with it from point 1. Don't forget to work out your plan B before your place burns down in the deadest of winter. Fire can be a mystery by the darndest colder reason.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Maybe we'll get our first Snow Day here. A few years back, the kids up north still had to go to school, even though it was -52C. Let's see how much lower ol' Jack Frost can drag it!

Maybe it's good to be unemployed.
I don't have to go out in it. I can stay at home and bake bread.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

A fireplace burn everything that burns. Stay in that room.

Got any tips on how to keep your motor vehicle from not starting when it's freezing out?

Electric heaters for oil. But going out wouldn't be smart by car if it's that cold

Got any tips on how to keep warm if and when you become without a house or apartment?

Read up on how vagrants, homeless and bums do it. They use lost of layers.

Las Vegas is in the middle of nowhere, supply lines will get cut severely. They depend on all resources from other places. My last choice would be there. I would try to get close to the equator.

edit on 11/19/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's called winter. Happens every year.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm sorry if this comes off as picking on you but I just don't get what's the point of posting this? Why would we need a freezing temp watch? We seem to be getting more and more of these type of threads that really have no point to them. Your not sharing any new info and you don't even have much content.

I agree that I think we will see some cold temps this year but that's why its winter. In the NW we seem like we will have a harder then normal winter but some areas may see a milder one.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

I'm sorry if this comes off as picking on you but I just don't get what's the point of posting this? Why would we need a freezing temp watch? We seem to be getting more and more of these type of threads that really have no point to them. Your not sharing any new info and you don't even have much content.

I agree that I think we will see some cold temps this year but that's why its winter. In the NW we seem like we will have a harder then normal winter but some areas may see a milder one.

You dont speak for all. New not to you, liar. But can be new to others. If your eye or hand offends you, then get to a doctor and have them morons dealt with by surgery so then you wont enter into what isn't new to you or rather what makes you get a not so cool temperature by reading.
Go help yourself asap. Unless you like having problems left and right due to your foolish eyes and foolish hands.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsameXoneXotherX
You dont speak for all. New not to you, liar. But can be new to others. If your eye or hand offends you, then get to a doctor and have them morons dealt with by surgery so then you wont enter into what isn't new to you or rather what makes you get a not so cool temperature by reading.
Go help yourself asap. Unless you like having problems left and right due to your foolish eyes and foolish hands.

XsameXoneXotherX: I think your brain has frostbite, please get it removed. ;-)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

Same to you. What now?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

maybe you should take your bow and arrows and use them as kindling to start a fire. you seem to think they are the best weapon around, so y not use it to start a fire. didnt think of that one did ya the chief?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeshsamp

maybe you should take your bow and arrows and use them as kindling to start a fire. you seem to think they are the best weapon around, so y not use it to start a fire. didnt think of that one did ya the chief?

Follow your own advice.

Liar.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

i dont know y you even start threads. your topics are of no help to anyone, and you don't think before you speak. Please try to use you brain when you talk. your making the rest of us more stupid by reading your crap.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by joeshsamp

Same to you.

But dont care. Or what else?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
pretty simple answer, get to a warmer climate

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm in coastal S.Carolina,last year it snowed,it didn't last long but still a rarity here, the last time it snowed was in 1989.So far this fall its been normal weather,but last summer it was unbearable high heat and humidity.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsameXoneXotherX
Keep watching the temperature! It can get ugly.

-16 celcius so far, which is equal to 2 degrees farenheit. One foot of snow on ground. In a couple of days, it is expected to go down to -25 celcius ( -5 ish farenheit)

Close doors of rooms not being used, insulate plumbing and hot water heater. Insulate any gaps in doors or windows. If you have furnace ductwork, clean it. Flannel sheets on the bed. Thick curtains on the windows, but open if sun is on window. Thick socks or good slippers. Drink lots of hot drinks, you'll feel warmer.

Block heater, plug in 1/2 hour before using vehicle, or leave plugged in if very cold. Carry a cold weather emergency kit. Make sure your battery is good. Jumper cables just in case. Have enough antifreeze in radiator. Gas line antifreeze. Carry a small shovel to dig yourself out of snow if needed. Have a blanket in car/truck.

None for where I am. Too cold, people die up here from the cold every year. We find them in the spring thaw.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Instead of being angry, you could try and put the effort into your thread and add more content. Maybe add info on weather predictions for certain areas this year or some charts.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Instead of being angry, you could try and put the effort into your thread and add more content. Maybe add info on weather predictions for certain areas this year or some charts.

Get on it then. Own it. I put you in charge of that if you're honest in what you say.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I have no intention of making your thread worth reading, that's your job as the creator of it. Since you are a newer member I wanted to try and give you advice on what people look for in threads that last, but it seems you don't really care about that. Good luck with your time on ATS.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do the opposite of what is done in the summer.
Turn off the air conditioner and turn up the thermostat
for the heater, and guess what? Your house heats up.
Happens all the time. Hunker down. Put on the long
johns, put on an extra pair of socks, try an electric
blanket on the bed, that is if you have one. (bed) Up here in
the central US, it is going to be this way until about the
middle of May, so we all somehow seem to get used to
it and survive. You don't have to be a brain scientist or
a rocket surgeon to figure out this one. Stay toasty.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

You speak with no merit.

No one will listen to you, Mr. Dishonest Liar Miserable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join