It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Food is a Scam. These people grow 1,000,000 pounds of food on 3 Acres!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The United States government has allowed GMO food into our food supply which has not been fully tested and has caused organ failures in rats etc. They TELL us that they HAVE to give us this GMO food to increase yields and all that garbage but we really know that Monstanto has paid off our CONgress very well to make this happen. Many countries in Europe have banned this Frankenfood but not the good ole USA. Nope, you see our criminal government doesn't care that it will destroy our natural crops and give us organ failures.

I wanted to share with you a video that DESTROYS the LIE that we need GMO food otherwise we will starve. Watch this video how a small group of people with no funding are creating 1,000,000 pounds of food each year on just 3 Acres! This is what can be done with a little ingenuity and work.

www.project.nsearch.com...

Let's see how many Shills get on the thread and say how WONDERFUL Monsanto GMO is that has been genetic modified so that pesticide is made IN the corn plant to supposedly cut down on the amount of pesticides you have to use. If pesticides are IN the GMO garbage CORN then those pesticides go into your GUT! Our scumbag government won't even allow a NON-GMO label to be put on our food because they WANT you to eat the poison! It's a sick sick joke!

Spread the word, we don't need ANY GMO garbage in our food supply no matter how many Billions Monsanto has given to our corrupt Congress.

The new world order elites ALL eat natural ORGANIC that they grow themselves and they give the GMO garbage to the slaves to kill us.

The fact is that GMO food is a complete scam and must be resisted at all levels. Keep spreading the word about what is possible when good men and women decide to buck the system and grow 1,000,000 pounds of food on just acres.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As a biochemist, I've done my fair share of research in what is considered the primary literature utilized to sell GMO to the public.

The research I've done has let me know that my best bet is to grow my own food and hope it doesn't get adulterated by an GMO species.

I remember reading the primary responses to aspartame that shocked me. What I've read regarding GMO foods is far worse.

You have the responsibility for yourself and your family. Allowing them to ingest aspartame or anything GMO is on your shoulders.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Consumers in the US have a powerful weapon against GMO.s if they will just use it. Write letters to companies like Kraft, Kelloggs, Nestle, Gerbers, etc... asking them if they use GMO products. Call their customer service numbers and ask them. If enough people do this, they will stop using them. Use your wallet for Non GMO products and let these companies know that you will not be able to purchase their products if they contain GMOs. These companies hate to loose customers and do listen when enough people complain. Buy as much locally produced food as you can and find out if it is GMO or not. I grow organic rice and get a premium price for my product. Many others are doing the same. You are what you eat. You can refuse to buy GMO and get these companies to stop as well. My production costs are extremely low and total tonnage is slightly lower but I make more money because people will pay more to eat a healthier product. It is difficult but not impossible to avoid GMOs. Teach your children and family to have a healthy diet. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That's excellent; I'm watching the video now. I feel like moving far, far north and starting a 365-day-per-year greenhouse that specializes in tropical plants, a few layers high. That might get a few balls rolling! S&F

Tower of Tomorrow
www.greenhabitats.org...

To add: I watched a documentary named Garbage Warrior last year, "The epic story of radical Earthship eco architect Michael Reynolds, and his fight to build off-the-grid self-sufficient communities". I recall he built experimental homes whose use of southern exposure windows, and heat-absorbent stone ruled out the need for any winter heating system. In fact, they were so warm that it melted a plastic typewriter inside that had caught a few too many rays!

www.garbagewarrior.com...
(For awareness only; I'm not advertising)!
edit on 19-11-2010 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

burn it, poison it, just destroy it!

rob a tractor n plough the field up.

radio controlled planes and napalm the place!lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, forty square feet is the amount of space needed to feed one person if done correctly.
Thats 4 by 10.
sf
alternatively
hopefull they don't gmo wild foods....Canada has one big overlooked garden " the Canadian Shield", but you need to know what you are doing to access it's bounty.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If we were really concerned about feeding populations, and not the almighty dollar, we could start a country-wide program dropping blueberry, raspberry, salmonberry seed, etc. and coat our entire lands with food-bearing plants.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
People tend to have a lack of understanding when it comes to biochemistry.

Simple things like caffeine will kill your dog. You, however, would have to consume an insane amount of caffeine to ever begin to approach lethal levels. Humans metabolize caffeine much more efficiently than your dog, or most other animals, for that matter.

It would stand to reason that many things lethal to insects are not lethal, in the slightest, to human beings.

I am not afraid of genetically altered food. I am not afraid to grow my own food.

However, I know how many of these "studies" on the "long term effects of ..." are done. You can't simulate ten years of consumption in a six month study. This isn't DBZ, we don't have a hyperbolic time chamber. What do they do? "Simulate" years of consumption with 20x the average dosage each day. This is how early studies on Aspartame were done, and why it is all overhyped BS, now.

Why is it BS? I'm going to simulate the effects of walking for a year by throwing you off of a skyscraper, or attaching you to a hydraulic piston that raises and lowers you ten times per second for two weeks. Walking may now cause death and is not recommended.

It's ridiculous.

As science progresses, we find that plants can do things far more efficiently than even the most advanced industries can. Genetic modification of plants will be very important to creating more ecologically friendly technology and industry. By having 'staple' plants produce higher concentrations and a more diverse array of amino acids, overall health can be improved (and vegetarian diets become more practical).

The fact is that our crops have been genetically altered since we began cultivating them. We selected plants with desired traits for replanting, and today's crops barely reflect their 'natural' ancestors.

Rather than relying on random mutation or direct observation, however, we can now tinker around under the hood. This means more control over a process we have been participating in for thousands of years, and greater predictability.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have a Fillipino friend that owns a rice business in the Philippines. They used to get 1 crop of rice every year. They started using chemicals and GMO and now get 3 crops a year.

He's rolling in money but he won't eat it anymore. I don't like the fact that our 4H programs are now sponsored by Monsato. The Federal Government used to fund 4H, guess for them to save money they are using the Monsato evil profits to fund 4H for the kids. If only the kids knew.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

ThANKYOU somuch for posting this it got me a whole bunch of (aquaponics) leads: this is
exactly what I've been looking for ( but didn't know it could be done on such a small scale)
star and flag!!

edit on 19-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I grow an old variety of short grained rice and get three crops a year without fertilizer, pesticides or herbicides. No rice farm in my area uses GMO rice. I have been farming rice for 15 years. In addition to rice I grow beans during the dry season. They put all of the nitrogen I need for my rice. Everyone I know around my farm gets three crops a year and none of them use GMO. If you think GMOs are great, read about Starlight corn. Also read about corn syrupbecause most of it comes from GMO corn and is in almost everything sweet that you eat or drink in the US. I have lost 40lbs of fat since I quit consumtion of products sweetened with corn syrup.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yea,I've read where studies show that gmo crops do not increase the yields of crops,and your right,they are a bunch of scammers, thieves, bullies and I could go on and on.What they have done to our food and the farmers is such a crime and shame,and what gets me is the law of the land is letting them get away with it.This is just one of many complaints I have with our system and government......don't get me started!!I stay away from gmo products as much as possible but it's starting to look as though there may not be a choice in the matter.We need to make a stand against these crooks and thieves...........

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Very good reasoning. GMO is in your point of view any cultural organism. This is say technological point of view. There is also legal point of view. Specific sequences of genom are copyrighted, patented and if they are found in yours field you are bloody pirate! Doesn't matter that you never ever heard about Monsanto or other f# corp. On your field was found patented sequence so pay negro!
Another point is how current mainstream GM industry work = TOTAL monoculture (just see GM ads). Pressure of monoculture bathing in pesticide will select entities resistent to particular pesticide. This was the reason to ban DDT. Now our crops are producing "DDT". Corporate model of usage of GM have same level of responsibility which we can observe around Chernobyl disaster. GM can be (relatively) save as nuclear power plant can be. But there is huge risk. Are corporations responsible? NO. Just look at law.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
If we were really concerned about feeding populations, and not the almighty dollar, we could start a country-wide program dropping blueberry, raspberry, salmonberry seed, etc. and coat our entire lands with food-bearing plants.

Actually, that's a brilliant way to fight back against GMO. Nationwide project to sow natural seeds everywhere!

second

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Yea,I've read where studies show that gmo crops do not increase the yields of crops,and your right,they are a bunch of scammers, thieves, bullies and I could go on and on.

Genetically modified crops, depending upon what they are modified for, are generally superior to 'standard' crops, given the same treatment. That does not necessarily mean improved yields. Genetically altered crops are more resistant to a number of pests, more drought tolerant, frost tolerant, and often have higher nutritional yields. Corn, for instance, has been enhanced to retain the sweet taste - it used to be that you had to pick the corn, shuck it, then drop it in boiling water almost immediately if you wanted it to be sweet.

You get out of a crop what you put into it. Plow deep in the fall/winter and shallow in the spring - that whole deal. The reason so many crops succumb to pests is simply due to poor agricultural practices. I notice them even here in Missouri from time to time. Idiot farmers doing nothing but increasing the chances of causing problems for everyone. It doesn't mater if their crops are genetically modified or not.

What they have done to our food and the farmers is such a crime and shame,and what gets me is the law of the land is letting them get away with it.This is just one of many complaints I have with our system and government......don't get me started!!I stay away from gmo products as much as possible but it's starting to look as though there may not be a choice in the matter.We need to make a stand against these crooks and thieves...........

It wouldn't be ATS if there wasn't someone we needed to grab torches and pitchforks to march on their house, now would it?

reply to post by Monteriano

Also read about corn syrupbecause most of it comes from GMO corn and is in almost everything sweet that you eat or drink in the US. I have lost 40lbs of fat since I quit consumtion of products sweetened with corn syrup.

To be honest, the majority of my calorie intake is from some form of corn syrup. I'm 5'11" and 140lbs at most. My position in football is "ball."

The key to weight management is to manage your metabolism and calorie intake. With a high-sugar diet, my metabolism is often very high, and complements my nature to pace and perform various goofy antics at random.

Very good reasoning. GMO is in your point of view any cultural organism. This is say technological point of view. There is also legal point of view. Specific sequences of genom are copyrighted, patented and if they are found in yours field you are bloody pirate! Doesn't matter that you never ever heard about Monsanto or other f# corp. On your field was found patented sequence so pay negro!

You do realize that the human genome has just as many, if not more patents levied against it.

I will admit it is a legal issue, but one that is lost from the beginning. The only thing that can really be patented is a method for inserting that specific gene into the sequence and the system by which viable seed is created to be sold. Even if you were to grow the crops on your land and save some of the seed (and it have that sequence in it, some how), the claims of patent infringement are ungrounded as no one can patent an object, only a procedure for creating an object or effect. This is already a precedent established in virtually every level of the legal system.

Another point is how current mainstream GM industry work = TOTAL monoculture (just see GM ads). Pressure of monoculture bathing in pesticide will select entities resistent to particular pesticide. This was the reason to ban DDT.

DDT was banned over environmental health concerns - not over pest control concerns.

Now our crops are producing "DDT". Corporate model of usage of GM have same level of responsibility which we can observe around Chernobyl disaster. GM can be (relatively) save as nuclear power plant can be. But there is huge risk. Are corporations responsible? NO. Just look at law.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying, here.

Bad farming practices will result in diseased and pest-ridden crops. There's no way around that. You can improve tolerance in plants all you want - they are a safety buffer and precaution. Whether the plants are 'natural' or genetically altered, they will benefit from good farming practices instated by responsible farmers.

Never is it recommended by any of these companies that you purchase a genetically altered line of crops and you can just throw it on the ground and watch it become a super-plant. They always suggest utilizing various methods of controlling pests - the plant just has an extra barrier of protection that it produces by default.

reply to post by wcitizen

Actually, that's a brilliant way to fight back against GMO. Nationwide project to sow natural seeds everywhere!

No, that really won't solve a thing. Modern crops are pretty much incapable of being successful in 'nature' - they have been tailored to be cultivated crops since we began cultivating. Many cultivated plants require far too much water in consistent quantities to survive without attention from man. Most will simply be over-run by weeds and other plants in nature. Crowded out, they will not fruit, not reproduce, and thus die.

Even genetically altered crops would suffer the same fate. Crops are not intended to be tossed to the wind and left to see what grew over the past three months.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Are you kidding me. What they are doing with this GMO stuff is NOT what man has been doing for thousands of years by selective breeding. They are inserting Roach genes and other insects into Salmon and then plan on releasing them into the wild. IN 40 years they say that all natural Salmon will be wiped out. Do you want to eat a Salmon that has had Insect genes inserted into it? If so, you should be a poster boy for GMO. I however, do not trust Monsanto and the other evil companies that aren't doing this to HELP humanity, they are doing this for MONEY! It will destroy all our natural foods and kill us just like it kills the rats the fed the GMO corn to.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

No, that really won't solve a thing. Modern crops are pretty much incapable of being successful in 'nature' - they have been tailored to be cultivated crops since we began cultivating. Many cultivated plants require far too much water in consistent quantities to survive without attention from man. Most will simply be over-run by weeds and other plants in nature. Crowded out, they will not fruit, not reproduce, and thus die.

Even genetically altered crops would suffer the same fate. Crops are not intended to be tossed to the wind and left to see what grew over the past three months.

You may be knowledgeable about agriculture, but you don't hold a monopoly on that by a long shot. You choose the hardiest wild varieties of seed you can find, and actually ensure there is no genetic modification already in place. In other words, no Monsanto stamps of approval, or their imitators. The seeds do not need to be in a berry, rather, the seeds are molded into clay pellets, which then shoot their roots down upon contact with soil. There is a valuable field guide called the "One Straw Revolution" that details much about Chinese agriculture, and this method of seeding is surefire. So is their advocation of not tilling soil, which constantly exposes the micro-organisms to sunlight and kills them off, year after year. Western agriculture tends to be a monkey-see, monkey-do process, and it is far from the best way. The proof was in seeing un-tilled fields full of some of the richest soil in the world, after thousands of years of crops being grown. This is compared to plots in SA which were tilled for over five thousand years - the soil had turned to sand. I could go on ...

I've walked down lanes on Quadra Island in B.C. that boasted twelve foot high swaths of salmon-berry bushes and raspberries which were bursting with them. We walked half a kilometer along them, and ate our fill! I've walked in open fields around my current town and found wild stands of blueberries, apple trees, and all manner of forageables. I'm not saying use weakened, cultivated varieties, I'll suggest finding the best and hardiest strains for any kind of aerial sowing project.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Northwarden because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I imagine that something that they're doing to the crops (not the people in the video) is making them grow better. Every hear the saying about the corn that it's "knee high by the fourth of July?" Nowadays, by the 4th, the corn is over your head.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

While I appreciate the mood and intentions of your words, you are missing a crucial understanding. Just as you can see through false scientific methods, you should also apply your wisdom to analyzing GMOs. GMOs are not the same kind of modifications as those done through cultivation. Cultivation is a means of creating a/increasing the symbiotic relationship of organisms. GMOs are "cut and paste" or "hacker" modifications which are unproven despite how amazing and awesome that ability is. By all means, let GMOs be studied over the course of a few generations, but to release these products to the population without true understanding is both ignorant and arrogant, and Chaos/Pride are decay which lead to death. Even if not for our bodies, for the verity of healthy minds, hearts, and culture, let us take our time in flexing muscles which we never dreamed we could have rather than intellectually/technologically masturbating into our food supply.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Its about control and the dollar...not the science so much...you should explain that to the farmers in India..the ones that havent killed themselves because they cant pay their loans for their wonderful altered seeds...soon..it will be illegal to plant your own food or have heirloom seeds in your posession..just wait

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join