It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind - Federal Employees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted, a search revealed nada :-)

My friends of ATS,

Shocking, that we as humans are putting up with this, not only in the USA but all over the world and in many, many cases we never seem to do anything about it.... or in most cases, just cant seem to put an end to it for whatever reason.

On that note :

12 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind – Federal Employees And Members Of Congress Are Getting Rich While Those Of Us Who Pay Their Salaries Suffer!!!

Posted below are 12 facts that will blow your mind. Most Americans have no idea just how obscenely wealthy many members of Congress are, and most Americans are totally clueless about how cushy some of these U.S. government jobs are. If there is one place in America where the good times are still rolling (other than Wall Street), it would have to be Washington D.C.

#1 According to an article in the Hill, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's net worth soared from $13.7 million in 2008 to $21.7 million in 2009.

#2 In 2005, 7420 federal workers were making $150,000 or more per year. In 2010, a whopping 82,034 federal workers are making $150,000 or more per year. That is more than a tenfold increase in just five years.

#3 More than half of the members of the U.S. Congress are millionaires.

#4 The total compensation that the U.S. government workforce is going to take in this year is approximately 447 billion dollars.

#5 Today, all members of Congress earn at least $175,000. This is far, far more than the average American makes.

#6 60 percent of the federal government workforce is represented by labor unions.

#7 The median wealth of a U.S. Senator in 2009 was 2.38 million dollars.

#8 In 2005, the U.S. Department of Defense had just nine civilians earning $170,000 or more. When Barack Obama took office, the U.S. Department of Defense had 214 civilians earning $170,000 or more. In June 2010, the U.S. Department of Defense had 994 civilians earning $170,000 or more.

#9 Insider trading is perfectly legal for members of the U.S. Congress - and they refuse to pass a law that would change that.

#10 According to a recent study conducted by the Heritage Foundation, federal workers earn 30 to 40 percent more money on average than their counterparts in the private sector.

#11 When you factor in such things as retirement and health care benefits, the compensation gap between federal workers and private sector employees gets even larger. Just consider the following quote from the Heritage Foundation study mentioned above....

"Including non-cash benefits adds to this disparity. The average private-sector employer pays $9,882 per employee in annual benefits, while the federal government pays an average of $32,115 per employee."

#12 The personal wealth of members of the U.S. Congress collectively increased by more than 16 percent from 2008 to 2009.

Full Article Here

Shocking indeed, this needs to end!

Spread the word

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 19-11-2010 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
thanks for posting this. I cant believe insider trading is legal for congressmen. If that's true, that complete BS. Why would that still be legal?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

When I did a thread on #11 a couple years back, most ATSers replied, "I could care less".

It just keeps escalating because the average person complies and does not unit and rebel against this.

Our government is suppose to work for us, not against us.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The only hope for America and the world.
Would be the return of the Son of the living God.
The other way to win over the unfair wages these people earn.
Would be 6 billion people to stop working, no more pay checks
for the Fed's and the Rich.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
S&F.

I just read an article yesterday that federal employees owe like 3 billion in back taxes as well!

I guess if you can't beat them, join them right? I better start sending in my apps for a govt job. I could do the same thing I am now and get a pay raise!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by bulletproof_monk
thanks for posting this. I cant believe insider trading is legal for congressmen. If that's true, that complete BS. Why would that still be legal?

Your welcome, thank you for contributing

They make the rules so everything goes in congress, wheather we like it or not... the

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Spiro

When I did a thread on #11 a couple years back, most ATSers replied, "I could care less".

It just keeps escalating because the average person complies and does not unit and rebel against this.

Our government is suppose to work for us, not against us.

It seems we have proof right here that the average person can infact be labled as a sheep

One day all of humanity will wake up, one day

We are still in the very early stages of awakening, a long hard battle for us, for sure.... but with a great ending.... no more control

Many thanks

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by 19rn50
The only hope for America and the world.
Would be the return of the Son of the living God.
The other way to win over the unfair wages these people earn.
Would be 6 billion people to stop working, no more pay checks
for the Fed's and the Rich.

I like your thinking, one sure way to defeat them

Many thanks.

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I work for the government, as a military member, I guarantee you after many many years and being at the 6th of the 9 ranks fastly moving up the ladder to earn that extra hundred or two per pay check. This is not true for all government employees. I am sure your local police officer is not making 150k, or the local fire fighter. How about the local truent officer? or probation officer?

Many jobs that give millions out like unemployment and welfare are employing people who do not make 150k. This is a very limited pool that makes over 150k.......

Social services? the list is enormous...........
edit on 19-11-2010 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by jjkenobi
S&F.

I just read an article yesterday that federal employees owe like 3 billion in back taxes as well!

I guess if you can't beat them, join them right? I better start sending in my apps for a govt job. I could do the same thing I am now and get a pay raise!

Personally I would X100 your 3 billion

I would rather defeat them

Many thanks

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

I'm pretty sure they are not including serving members of the military in these figures.
You can risk your life everyday for the army yet the janitors that empty the wastebaskets in Congress probably make well over 3x what they pay our soldiers. :

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Eavel

I'm pretty sure they are not including serving members of the military in these figures.
You can risk your life everyday for the army yet the janitors that empty the wastebaskets in Congress probably make well over 3x what they pay our soldiers. :

well we have more branches of military other than the Army, but no disrespect to those grunts as they give their blood for many people, my own nation, and many other nations.

Unfortunately I would not doubt that the janitor cleaning toilets i nthe white house or for some servant position under any of these crooked politicians would no doubt make more money, have a higher security clearance, have more access and ability to cause more problems. Top it off can even sway people in non-schilant chats of randomness, or even give their employer a good/bad day depending on their own service which can have its own psycological influence.

Damn, why cant I lick the toilet of my representative, then maybe I can go look at overpriced new cars instead of overpriced used ones as my daily drivers....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
And people wonder why the Tea Party exist?

Good find. You beat me to it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Very interesting...though I am always sensitive to partisanship...and I have to ask why Pelosi was singled out when there are a dozen members of Congress who are worth more than her?

And the Senate? Now those guys are rolling in it.

BTW - I think Pelosi is a pretty sucky speaker of the house, but am always looking for accuracy.

See list of net worth here..

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

It is crazy isn't it? This is partly true, for example people that are in xyz subcommittee know what the jobs report number is going to be on Thursday mornings. They must though file a form that gives disclosure.

Yeah, but so what? It is a brutal joke at best. What they do is probably give this info to their friend and then they compensate them on frontrunning big economic news events. I'm sure it happens once a week at least.

That IMO is the most crooked of all things. I can't believe they let this happen. Unreal.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I care and it makes me want to vomit, anyone that claims they aren't bought off isn't living in the real world.I can't describe how angry this makes me!
Something needs to be done about the mess this country is in,I wish I had the answers, but I do know until we all decide to do something and band together to stop this madness it's not going to get better.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

...And the people of this country think these politicians have their best interests in mind. Keep voting these self-serving millionaires into office. They don't care if you're unemployed, they're ready to stop unemployment extensions. Yet the rich are still getting their tax cuts.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
reply to post by Spiro

I am sure your local police officer is not making 150k, or the local fire fighter.

I don't think this is about the military.

In Anchorage we have many Police who earn over $100,000 and they are screaming for more. Just a few weeks ago it was revealed one Patrol Officer, the lowest rank, earned about $110,000 in normal income and made another $100,000 in voluntary overtime. They all get benefits we can only dream about.

One of the problems is the Unions and the Government Workers who are themselves way overpaid will never turn on themselves and their votes are bought and paid for. Of course any government employee will side against the people who the money is stolen from to overpay them. It's the way this works. Divide and Conquer!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

if everybody worked for the state isn't that communism. plus when the only reason the government is in debt is simple mathematics.

the federal employees consume and spend more than the peoples contribution to the government, it is in debt.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

#2 In 2005, 7420 federal workers were making $150,000 or more per year. In 2010, a whopping 82,034 federal workers are making $150,000 or more per year. That is more than a tenfold increase in just five years.

That's mostly overhead you know.....When will America begin weeding out overhead and bring the working class to the forefront? Hmm?

Our private sector is in cahoots with the Federal Government.
edit on 19-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join