It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional letter urges Obama to release Pollard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Congressional letter urges Obama to release Pollard

www.jpost.com

In comments at a press conference late Thursday, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said he initiated the letter, written in coordination with a broad array of Jewish groups, mostly out of humanitarian concerns for the convicted Israeli spy, imprisoned 25 years, but also as a spur in the peace process.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why is it, that the clemency of a convicted spy, will help spur the peace process in any way? Pollard was convicted, and has admitted to espionage against the United States, providing information to Israel, and attempting to provide information to Pakistan. Pollard is also believed to have provided information to the USSR, this is not confirmed.

In the United States, Espionage is a capital offense, and the convict may be sentenced to execution.

I think anyone who commits treason against the constitution, or espionage against the United States, deserves a lifetime sentence in prison.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hah, I'm curious what "humanitarian" concerns there are in a federal prison. It should be the easy life as far as prisons of the world are concerned.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I would love to know what justification there can be for releasing a person on humanitarian grounds who has actualy been convicted of a capital offense! Especialy when you consider that there are untried, and unknown detainees in Guantanamo (or however ya spell it) , who have never had access to due process, or had access to thier families, legal representation, or anything like the rights they would normaly be afforded.
Unless the American government is prepared to release all of the people they have basicaly kidnapped, and "rendered" over the years, I cannot see how they can allow this person to go free , based on humanitarian concerns, because the USA has shown, and responded to NONE of the concerns of those who worry for the detainees of the myriad locations which the US government operates in various nations around the world. There are secret prisons all around the globe, holding people in conditions you wouldnt keep a dog in, no records, no public awareness of thier plight, hell , no one outside the system which keeps them locked up even knows where they are!
It will be very interesting to see the reaction should this Israeli chap be released from prison, based on flimsy concern for his well being. I wonder how many other people could be sprung from legitimate imprisonment , based on that lame pretext?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Once again, the Israelis wheeling and dealing to obtain special treatment.

second.
edit on 19-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Funny thing is I've been watching hours of 9/11 "Israel was behind it" videos. The stuff the Zionist MSM no longer reiterates. And this mans name keeps coming up related to 9/11.

That buried beneath all the muck is the fact our government is quite certain Israel was behind 9/11 but is waiting for the right way to disclose the information and act upon it. This man may be a key piece of this process.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Hah, I'm curious what "humanitarian" concerns there are in a federal prison. It should be the easy life as far as prisons of the world are concerned.

I gave a good laugh when I read the humanitarian concern part. American prison systems are the 'Good Life', compared to prison systems around the world. If their concerned, they should step into a Salvadorian prison, or a Serbian prison, and help them first.

Pollard has until 2015 to sit there, to think about what he has done. Then, he'll be out on parole, 100%. I still think he should rot in jail.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Mm, I didn't know about a possible connection to 9/11.... However, the fact that Israel wants him released, and presumably in Israel not US, suggests there may be something they are worried about. I guess your post begs the question 'Why now?' - as pressure builds up for a proper 9/11 investigation.....could there be a link??

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

clinton and netanyahu concocted a deal in the late 90's i believe, for the release of Pollard. The request was not fulfilled, only because a congressman disagreed and threatened to resign if Pollard was released.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Let's not be naive, it has nothing to do with what Pollard did, or the peace process.. Israel needs to show it takes care of its spies, otherwise it'd look bad for anyone looking to spy for it.. Also there's some political pressure from various groups within and outside of Israel, nothing more.

I personally think this is a pain in the ass for Netanyahu, and anyone else involved..

top topics

join