It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Fine Truck Driver For Trying To Save Money On Fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just a hard working man trying to make it in the world & save himself some money, so the "man" has to hassle him. (sarcasm)

This bloke is unbelievable.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e8a095be505.jpg[/atsimg]

web.orange.co.uk...

Police officers in China were stunned to spot a truck driver carrying another two trucks on top of each other.
They pulled over the driver who told them he was trying to save fuel bills and motorway tolls, reports the Shijiazhuang Daily.
Patrol officers on the Shi'an Highway acted after receiving calls from concerned motorists who had spotted the trucks.
"We didn't know whether to believe the calls - we couldn't understand how one truck could carry two other trucks until we saw it," said Officer Shi Qiusheng.
Driver Chen admitted he had driven the three trucks nearly 600 miles from Hubei Province.
He told police he had been ordered to drive the three brand new trucks to Beijing and decided to load them on top of each other to save money.
"I was worried that the top two trucks might topple over, so I didn't drive very fast," he said.
Officers fined him the equivalent of £100 and towed the trucks to the nearby Xizhaotong service station so he could find two other drivers to help him take the trucks to Beijing.

edit on 19-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yeah, just so you know... Overloaded trucks bust up the road.

Not to mention the driver admitted he thought it could topple over.

Ya really think that's safe? Really? lol

And not to mention... You realize this was in CHINA???

What the hell do you really expect from china? They arrest you for typing up emails that they don't agree with politically.
edit on 19-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Did you even notice that I wrote the word sarcasm after the first sentence.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
nice pic, though probably wouldnt raise an eyebrow in india.. kudos to the driver for nearly getting away with it, the meeting of genius and stupidity

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

lol, I've seen much worse in China..Can't blame him though..Them road tolls are a killer to people on basic wage and most of the roads are owned by the Leaders or family members..

new topics

top topics

join