It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Alien Planet From Another Galaxy Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Astronomers have confirmed the first discovery of an alien planet in our Milky Way that came from another galaxy, they announced today (Nov. 18).

The Jupiter-like planet orbits a star that was born in another galaxy and later captured by our own Milky Way sometime between 6 billion and 9 billion years ago, researchers said. A side effect of the galactic cannibalism brought a faraway planet within astronomers' reach for the first time ever.

www.space.com...

I'm not to sure how to take this news and whether or not I should have posted it, but I think I will do so and see what happens.
The title alone got me thinking that "Wow! they finally found life on another planet!" then it dawned on me as to why I didn't hear about it on the news or anything. After reading the article seems like another planet that was from pretty much brought into our neighborhood through Galaxy cannibalism.

I didn't want to change the title for it would be taking away from what the authors had written so I hope this isn't to "catchy" or something that will upset people, rather just posting what I saw. Anyway I'm quite curious what others may think on this.

[edit]
I also did a quick surveillance of the forums and didn't see anything posted. So if someone finds a topic that has been posted about this very same matter, then please feel free to leave the link so I might be able to browse the comments and the story there. In doing so I will ask for a lock here as well.
edit on 19-11-2010 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Oh my goodness, that is incredible. A planet from a galaxy far far away....straight out of sci-fi and yet, holy potato chips, it's the real thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Nice!
It's very interesting in the framework of cosmobiology. The galaxies themselves forming ecosystems...
S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Nice find..

S&F

Question:

Is this the planet that mathematicians discovered but never saw? I remember a long time ago a planet in our milky way was discovered through maths, through the orbit of an asteroid and how it acted out of order therefore concluded that there must be another planet, but too far for us to see.

Now proven I suspect? Although maths is hard science and is enough evidence as in itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Good find good find.....S&F for you....but not for the info.....it's like they put up the same sht but in different days...so nothing new to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hmm I'm actually not to sure on that one I'm a bit out of the loop on some scientific news and since I was going to stay up all night I figured I'd get it and some school work done. So not to sure on that but I'll have a look and see.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hmm well, perhaps my search yielded nothing here but google sure did. Trying to find a bit more information on this and ran across a thread that had already been posted quite a few hours ahead of mine so I shall drop the link here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I'd assume a moderator or administrative person will come about and close the thread routing everyone to the other one. Sorry about that all, I should have searched a bit harder I suppose

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I love this:

Rethinking theories of planet formation

Most of the nearly 500 alien planets discovered so far orbit metal-rich stars, researchers said. And a metal-rich star is fundamental to the dominant theory explaining how giant planets form — the core-accretion model.

This model posits that dust and gas particles circling a young star cling together and gradually become larger, forming rocks, boulders and eventually the stony cores of giant, gassy planets like HIP 13044b.

Because its parent star is so metal-poor, HIP 13044b may have formed in a different way, researchers said. The planet may have arisen via the gravitational attraction between gas molecules, through a process termed the disk-instability model. So it may not have a rocky core at all.

Obviously it means the planet is from a foreign galaxy because there is just no possible way our planet formation models are a load of s###.

Dust in space can not form planets.

Saturn's rings prove this much.

edit on 19-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow... This feeling is awesome..... No more guessing... No more wondering... We are not alone..

Thank you..

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Indeed we weren't alone, time to see some contact being made!
Anyways I am not having a lot of knowledge, but I think DARPA is funding nasa.
I didn't think they got any good "ROI" so far, I suggest them to support this mission of.
Building a communication link with that planet!

Cheers everybody, this is a news , that I didn't think my whole blood-line will ever get to see LOL.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Its very cool

One day the Earth will be a planet just like this when Andromeda collides with the Milky Way. It will launch us out of orbit.

Nice post.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Just read the article, I think this is a great discovery, and very interesting.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just a question, could this be Nibiru?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Just a question, could this be Nibiru?

This happens all the time. Its the result of galaxies colliding. The gravitational strain throws planets off their orbits and they migrate out into space. Nibiru you dont have to worry about. Nasa has disproved that over and over again. I know some conspiracy theorists will try and say its a cover up but no, not really. They have told us about real catastrophes that have happened, and will happen again so id think if Nibiru was real they would have supported it and not fight it. Instead theyve offered several plausible explanations as to why it isnt true. Theyve told us about global warming, about our sun dying, about gamma ray burts and solar flares, supernovas and black holes.

Theres a much greater threat you'd be far better employed researching: Apophis. It is a massive asteroid that is going to pass by the Earth in 2029. It is going to miss us but there is a 3% chance that it can hit the Earth if it should pass through a particular zone outside of Earths orbit called a keyhole where the gravitational pull is far stronger then at anywhere else around the planet. If the asteroid should pass through this "keyhole" it will be set on a course to hit the earth in 2036.

I am going to mark the date on my calender o.O

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Original Thread HERE

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

join