It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns citizens of dangerous Canada

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

What is the objective of such news, or is Islamophobia that high in places such as Canada? One of my other uncles live in Toronto, his wife, and now 10 kids, the youngest kid is 2 years old now.

Hope they will be fine

Uncle Haroon, stay away from the haters, keep your family in a safe neighborhood, away from hate, and do not get yourself involved. I will be sending that message to him.

If it is bad in Canada, imagine the situation in US. Can any US Muslim confirm the environment for Muslims in US?
Thanks in advance..

oz

www.torontosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
So who are the haters OZ,the Muslims that want all peoples to become Muslims or die or the people that fear this kind of religious hate for anyone who does not see things the Muslim way.???

This topic here in the U.S. is not good,especially when you have a president and AG that apoligizes to the world for how terrable we Americans are.

Mistakes........yes,terrable.................no.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
after the christians have slaughtered between 20 to 60 million unbelievers in the americas
you got some nerve making cracks like that.
where do you get your lines ?
from a pipe?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
for JC
balkanization

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'm just going to reiterate my point that this whole news story is Ottawa propaganda; it has dick-all to do with Iran and is just propaganda produced by PM Harper, who is more American and Israel than he is Canadian. His regime has produced such blatant propaganda in the past and this is no different.

Not so...here it is on the original website. english.irib.ir...

Mind you, Steve is a pill, just the same.

Good article. It sounds real enough to be true then, IMO. Of course peoples anti-Iran rants on here are probably not based on this article either. Article states anti-Iran behavior in RCMP, immigration, courts, etc. This is true considering Harper's policies and the last ten years of security crackdowns... Plus RCMP officers are usually biased and unable to think for themselves regardless.

So good on Iran for warning its people about the potential dangers of being on the wrong side of the Canadian system. I've been there and done that so I can relate.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
"Im guessing this might have to do with OUR doosh bag of a prime minister, coming out and saying that canada is behind israel, which i dont remember any past prime minister saying anything on that case, now that made news in canada."

This retaliation by Iran also has to do with the following: "Canada said it had introduced a draft UN resolution accusing Iran of sweeping human rights violations, adding to the international pressure on Tehran's Islamic regime..."

www.bahaindex.com...

Thank you very much Mr. Prime Minister for involving peaceful Canadians in a conflict most of them do not want to be involved in. Your relentless desire to be a spineless lapdog for a small number of agenda driven scumbags at the expense of peaceful Canadians is noted.

"Or like the way the gov bilked us out of billions for our masters security at the G20. Remember they invented fake laws and arrested people on them!!!!"

Considering what they pulled at the G20, it appears peaceful Canadians have more to fear than anyone else. Did you expect anything else from a disreputable Government whose top priority is to sell the Canadian people down the river?

"All I can say is Canada is an exceptional country, and as being a free country, if it is so nasty - please feel free to leave."

Or better yet, please do Canadians a huge favor and don't bother coming to Canada at all. In other words, keep your garbage where it belongs - on your side of the world.
edit on 20-11-2010 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wonder if Dr. Sima Samar feels the same about Canada?

www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Oozy: more Islamophobia here. Note that the negative stereotypes of Iran that Canadians are familiar with are all related to Islamic customs. You may have also noticed that Americans and Canadians rarely ever have negative stereotypes of uniquely Iranian customs. They certainly are not Iranophobic!

reply to post by Secularist

Oozy:

It has nothing to do with their culture. Their governments are reflections of their religion. If Islam could control our system of government we would be living under Shariah law too.

Here we have an absolute confirmation of what I said above about Iran.

reply to post by ZELDAR

Oozyism:

In this post we see an uncommon combination of ignorance of Islam and hostility towards Islam. ZELDAR is stereotyping all Muslims as America-hating religious fanatics. He is advocating Western "revenge" on the Muslim world. He does not seem to comprehend that it is possible to hate America without also being a terrorist or a serious threat to American lives. He wants to punish the Muslim world because of the terrorist activities of a few, and because a few more dared to insult America. If politicians acted on his desire, then America would begin punishing entire nations because they display disrespect to America. If politicians acted on his desire, then America would be a global thug, a bully among nations, a world tyrant.

The wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon; these are proof that politicians do listen to ignorant, blind patriots. Thankfully, Canada is a monarchy and doesn't listen to the desires of the ignorant masses as well as the American government does. The laws in Canada tend to become progressively more liberal and humanist, despite a few popular and oppressive government policies. The public will become more welcoming of the Muslims in time, even though the monarchy is already prepared to treat Muslims as equals. The Queen's international agenda is implemented by the loyal officers in her civil services, independently of the Parliament's desires.

I think youre blind and any rational person that lives in the free world that thinks Islam is benign to violence is ignorant. Read the Quran. It is the ONLY book you need to read on the subject, then get back to us with how much of a religion of peace Islam is. It is anything but a religion of peace. After the Quran, read the Holy Bible and youll be likewise offended - that is unless youre okay with selling your daughter into slavery, or anybody that works on the Sabbath should be stoned to death, maybe youre fine with all of that - or with the fact that God and Allah repeatedly condone mass murder. These people have a track record that makes Hitler look like Ghandi.

Yes, while there are some people that worship these religions and dont take everything literal it makes no sense that they should subscribe to a religion littered with all this violence and pure hatred. If you dont believe 100% of everything your holy scripture tells you then by definition of that scripture youre going to burn in Hell. You cant pick out a piece of the bible and say I like that and then ignore everything else about it all together. There is nothing beautiful about any of these religions, in particular the three dogmas of the Desert God: Judaism, Islam, Christianity. You are stereotyping by saying that this is a group of terrorists and that these people arent terrorists therefor they dont worship the same thing. Well, they do worship the same thing and the better part of Islam right now is in extremist hands. Until Saudi Arabia lets go of the reigns and ceases financing extremist radical cells then Islam is Islam, and Islam is anything but peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Anyone can read the Koran without understanding it

This excuse is pathetic. The Koran does not advocate violence; perhaps you should ask a true Moslem to interpret its values and history for you. To say that the Koran advocates violence is just another Western mechanism to demonize entire cultures... You do realize that US intel services started a campaign in around 2001 to divert attention from real objectives in the Middle East by demonizing Islam culture, right? Lt. General Metz even came to Canada to brief our brass on this strategy in a reported incident

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The Qur'an most certainly does contain a large amount of material that can easily be used to justify violence, if that's the will of the person doing the interpreting. As do the religious texts of all the Abrahamic religions. Religious texts are primarily a method of control, and are written in a vague enough manner that they can be interpreted by the ruling class in which ever way benefits them the most.
Is the Qur'an used to advocate and promote hatred? Yes. It clearly is. To argue otherwise is asinine.
Does that mean all, all but a fringe group, or a simple majority of Muslims are radicalized and violent? No, it does not.
But it DOES mean that it's the responsibility of Muslims to openly denounce those who would use the Islamic faith for hatred and flat out say to the extremists 'Sorry, but you need to get your head out of your arse, you clearly don't have the first clue about Islam, and stop saying you represent it." Otherwise you're condoning it through silence.
I mean, come on, if Muslims can globally protest a political cartoon for offending their faith then they can certainly protest those who would commit murder and violence in the name of their faith.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Anyone can read the Koran without understanding it

This excuse is pathetic. The Koran does not advocate violence; perhaps you should ask a true Moslem to interpret its values and history for you. To say that the Koran advocates violence is just another Western mechanism to demonize entire cultures... You do realize that US intel services started a campaign in around 2001 to divert attention from real objectives in the Middle East by demonizing Islam culture, right? Lt. General Metz even came to Canada to brief our brass on this strategy in a reported incident

Thats because America is too concerned with being politically correct. You cant not believe in God and become president of the United States. The government will never criticize a particular religion, no democratic government would. If you wont even read the Quran then there is no point in discussing it because you are just believing what you want to believe. Muslims want to exterminate Jews... it says so. It does not get anymore clear then that. The religions clergy teach under which condition its okay to beat their wives. Are you kidding me? Its okay to stone homosexuals to death, and adulterers, in public and there be no consequence for such barbarism. It has NOTHING to do with their culture. It has everything to do with what their religion teaches. Muslims in the west arent like this because they would be imprisoned for such crimes. The penalty for apostasy is death. Anybody that would call this peace is insane, and a liar.

Its a cult. And yes, I am going to speak out against any cult that preaches peace beneath a veil of deceit when the only way it could possibly achieve peace with the world around it is by imposing its capricious moral values on everybody else. Any religion that condones violence and preaches hate is incapable of achieving peace. How obvious does that have to be? This applies to ALL religions. Whats with the double standard when it comes to Islam? Its okay to talk about Christianity but when you talk about Islam suddenly the discussion takes a back seat and political correctness steps in. Religion is not a culture and its not a race. Religion is an organization of people that are linked together with a specific doctrine of beliefs. Their beliefs go against everything that 21st century values stand for, as does Christianity. The thread bashing gays was deleted but I had mentioned in it a certain passage from the Holy Bible that you should become quite familiar with:

Deuteronomy 13: If you hear of another city where another God is worshiped you must go into that city, kill every man, woman, and child, even their cattle, and then you must burn that city to the ground. And by the way, thou shall not kill.

This is just one of my favorites. Both the Quran and the Bible are littered with this kind of offensive sh.it and ignorance is ignoring it.

These religions teach that its okay to hate people for who they are. They teach that its okay to kill people for believing in things differently then they do. Obviously not everybody is going to kill people because they have different beliefs. Most people in the west are actually secularists and just dont realize it because they were indoctrinated into their religions. Yes, terrorists are politically motivated, but they only go through with what they go through because of what they believe in the afterlife, or the unknowable. Certain countries are ruled by their religions, and their religion says that its not okay to question the scriptures. Of course theyre going to be indoctrinated into it. As children they are manipulated into believing this as truth when they havent even been exposed to any other ideas, like science. They are brainwashed into accepting these kinds of beliefs because they are too young to even think for themselves yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyDunlop

They use their faith as a means to their struggle. Maybe if they had no reason to struggle then their faith would not be used in this context.

Al-Qaeda has responded to American aggression in the 90s by bombing embassies. US also launched missiles against them and Iraq (to divert attention from the Clinton/Lewinsky cumstain incident).

When did US aggression start in Afghanistan? About the same time there was local opposition to the gas pipeline that the US so desperately wanted there.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The Koran says Muslims want to exterminate Jews? There are so many things wrong with this statement.

I would personally say that Zionists (who are Jews) want to exterminate Moslems, because I can clearly see this in documented evidence, not because a book says so.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The Koran says Muslims want to exterminate Jews? There are so many things wrong with this statement.

Uh.... no there arent...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
2:191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

Want more?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Compared to several million dead muslims Christain America and the christian west just slaughtered ( no WMDS) quoting a verse out of context like that is well, like comparing a marble to an atom bomb, or in other words no comparison at all
happy hating pal

edit on 20-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Compared to several million dead muslims Christain America and the christian west just slaughtered ( no WMDS) quoting a verse out of context like that is well, like comparing a marble to an atom bomb, or in other words no comparison at all
happy hating pal

Did I say Judaism or Christianity was any better?

Did you even read my post?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Let me shed some light on this topic as I am a Canadian and feel I can speak for the majority. Canada does not hate Muslims, nor does it hate Jews, Christians, blacks, whites, Asians, and so on, get the idea? If anything we are probably one of THE most multicultural, diversified accommodating countries in the WORLD. What do Canadians hate????
-immigrants coming to our country and trying to implement their countries laws into our judicial system aka Shariah law.
being told we can no longer say Merry Christmas but instead use happy holidays or seasons greetings.
-having to remove Christmas trees from schools and government buildings so as not to offend other religious beliefs
-being made to call Halloween black and orange day for same reasons as above.
-having a gathered protest that shuts down a major highway through town to protest a war that we are sending Canadian soldiers over to die defending the same people protesting.
being forced to hire "visible minorities" to ensure racial profiling does not occur, even if there is a better candidate for the position.
-having lax immigration laws that allows someone to enter the country illegally and give birth here and be allowed to stay and live off our social assistance programs on the grounds of compassionate reasons"

I could go on but you get the idea. Canada is a country that has consistently offered its time, resources, aid and young men and women to assist and defend anyone, anywhere in the world that needs help. Just because some uneducated, idiot reporter with an agenda wrote a ridiculous article, that couldn't be farther from the truth, to garner attention and sell copies doesn't mean its true. Cmon everybody isn't that why we come to this forum? Because we know main stream media is just liner for the bird cage, right.

I AM A PROUD CANADIAN AND LOVE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO THE SOUTH, AMERICA STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND REMEMBER UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes I did read your post and what I am refering to is the fact that radical islam is a creation of OTHER than muslims as Bryzynski relates regarding creating the Taliban. Or as the british relate in regards to creating the Sauds, the shaw of Iran. and all the other borders in the region.

Again IMHO
In the face of the death inflicted on the muslims and justified by lie after lie
your comparision and any like it are pure paranoia.
oh they might fight back
aaaaarrrgggghhh

I'd worry about the ones actually doing all the slaughtering first...of course it suits their agenda to have the people rant muslims down.

IMHO like I said

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenaciousd
reply to post by oozyism

Let me shed some light on this topic as I am a Canadian and feel I can speak for the majority.

Canadian soldiers over to die defending the same people protesting.

I AM A PROUD CANADIAN AND LOVE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO THE SOUTH, AMERICA STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND REMEMBER UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!!!!!!!!!

Oh, spare me this dribble.

We are in Afghanistan for the same reason we were in the Gulf War; to make sure the US gets oil so the Americans won't screw with our energy/oil prices that we sell to them (which is a major part of our market, thanks to NAFTA).

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

It is a shame that the West is destroying the credibility of the UN Human Rights Organization by using it as a political tool.

It is such a backward policy

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join