It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Color Images from Mars Rovers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

muzzleflash , the pictures are true , when Spirit first touched down and started sending back images I and countless others were eagerly awaiting every picture release from the NASA rover website ....looking for anomalies on the ground was the only game in town at that time .

After a while I decided to check the images of the Sundial against an image posted by NASA before the launch ....and hey presto , all the blue bits on the rover were indeed red , then mysteriously the images posted no longer showed the dial , the images were being cropped to edit out the offending article or they were in black & white .

Here is a jpeg of the Bonneville crater from the NASA Spirit site where you can clearly see the Sundial with the blue section showing bright red . [ 36 mb ]

And here is a picture of the sundial on Mars showing NASA can calibrate it properly .

We have all been fed the story that Mars is the red Planet , NASA can't show images of a Mars that looks Earth like and dispel that myth , I'm not saying that Mars has the atmosphere and temperatures of Earth but it aint as red as we've been led to believe .

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
All of the photos from the Mars Rover are in "black and white." They are taken through filters of different wavelengths, some of which are not visible to the human eye. These are then superimposed to create "false color" images. The "conspiracy blue" images are also"false color" images. "False color" simply means that the images are made by combining black and white images taken through different filters. All digital images are "false color" images.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I've seen mars through a telescope. It looks red-ish to me. I know it isn't blue.

Cool pictures, Zorgon.
edit on 18-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Of course it will ... Not because it looks red that the sky/atmosphere can't be blue, earth is blue because the atmosphere reflects off the water, which makes the water look blue ... If you could see atmosphere the land masses on earth would also have a blue tint when seen from space... So in another words, mars looks red because there is no water on the surface. If you took all the water off earth, all the buildings, all the snow and all the vegetation, earth would probably be more or less the same color as mars (when looking at the real color photos)
edit on 19-11-2010 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by muzzleflash

We have all been fed the story that Mars is the red Planet , NASA can't show images of a Mars that looks Earth like and dispel that myth , I'm not saying that Mars has the atmosphere and temperatures of Earth but it aint as red as we've been led to believe .

Or they have a rover on mars and a rover on a fabricated site on earth
Now NASA doesn't like giving out real photos, and we all know that is a fact.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So Mars is essentially in Technicolor?

Wow I wonder if they have paid copyright on "borrowing" the technique they invented in 1915

What the Technicolor® engineers developed was a beam-splitter which would take the original image coming through the camera lens and split it into two (later three) separate but equal images which would strike two different strips running in a special Technicolor® camera. In the original two-strip Technicolor® process, one film strip would have a red filter placed between it and the beam-splitter, while the other film strip would have a green filter. This meant that the "red" film strip and the "green" film strip would still be black and white to the naked eye, but each would have different gradations of gray which matched the spectrum of red, yellow and blue colors.

link

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

But why are they taken in black and white,one would think with all the technology we have that they would be in color?Why black and white?...........thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Didn't they find frozen water on Mars?As far as oceans of water they haven't said either way it is still a possibility that they will release more of what they truly know about the planet,and not just what they are allowing us to see.So until then we can still speculate the possibilities.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The blue turns to red when an infrared image is used instead of red or an ultraviolet image instead of the blue, I don't remember the which situation creates that result.

Using the right images for the right channels gives us an approximate true colour image.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

But why are they taken in black and white,one would think with all the technology we have that they would be in color?Why black and white?...........thanks

Short answer: charge coupled devices are not human eyes. The sensors used in space probes, digital cameras, cell phones, etc, simply record light. They do not see color. Various techniques are used to record the intensity of different colors and combine them into an image. Yes, like the old Technicolor (TM) process. Montana posted links to earlier threads where this is explained in more detail:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

I bet the sight of the old red red and red so many thousands of miles away brings tears of pride and remembrance to the eyes of old service men who followed the red red and red banner of the USA into battle here on Earth.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It is because Mars has an atmosphere. Add the face at Cydonia and the Research done by Richard Hoaglands ENTERPRISE MISSION www.enterprisemission.com... On a reality level you got a serious problem on your hands suggesting the existance of other life out there..

So they push movies to discredit very real things.....see it has already worked on you..(you are more than likely already throwing the BS bunk flag) Nonsense you are saying

They created this movie in patcular to discredit the subject of Mars as just fantasy entertainment
Movie (Mission to Mars)

Example of other movies to discredit very real things :
23 with Jim Carey to discredit synchronicity
Eagle Eye ( AI technology)
Enemy of the State with Will Smith
Minority Report (dealing with time travel)
Stargate SG1 to push the academic history stories dealing with God or gods and discredit the ET concept as just silly fantasy

I mean they have already lied to you about
Waco
Oklahoma
WTC 93
etc

How many more lies are you going to fall for....100....200...300?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by zorgon

Notice the colors of the American flag in this image.

if you color correct the flag it looks alot different

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

thanks for teaching an old gal a few things,I've always been fascinated with anything to do with our solar system and I find it disheartening that NASA isn't always truthful on our explorations in space.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

All you've done is make baseless assertions with no evidence to back yourself up. You have presented opinion and tried to pass it off as fact. Where you really stumbled though was in quoting Hoagland and the face at Cydonia. The latest hi res images of the face showed it to be a natural feature. The face conspiracy is dead in the water. That's why Hoagland conveniently doesn't speak of it any more. The man is so intellectually dishonest and cowardly that he couldn't even bring himself to say 'I was wrong'.

IRM

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by superluminal11

Where you really stumbled though was in quoting Hoagland and the face at Cydonia. The latest hi res images of the face showed it to be a natural feature. The face conspiracy is dead in the water. That's why Hoagland conveniently doesn't speak of it any more. The man is so intellectually dishonest and cowardly that he couldn't even bring himself to say 'I was wrong'.
IRM

Now how did you read my mind?
Couldn't have said that better! And it's not just Hoagy. There are a dime a dozen out there selling their CDs and what not to make a quick buck by preying on poor gullible souls! Geeez!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hey guys,,, long time lurker, first time poster.

This topic has had me very interested for a while now, since I'm an armature photographer amongst other things. I've actually had a good look into how NASA does their images and the end results of these "approximate color images".

Here is an image I created a while ago when I was trying to make people understand how the color process works with the landers. As you can see, it's a three part image, one being the NASA image, one I have color corrected myself to get the colors as close to "normal" colors in the color spectrum as I could, and another is an auto color correction. It's obvious that NASA overdo the red in the images to give that "mars is a red planet" impression to the general public.

If someone can give me the relevent code to insert in my post to display that image in the message, that would be awesome. Else, someone else stick it in their reply so you don't have to click the link. I've been trying [img] > and other HTML HREF code to no end.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJistheDarkOne

If someone can give me the relevent code to insert in my post to display that image in the message, that would be awesome. Else, someone else stick it in their reply so you don't have to click the link. I've been trying [img] > and other HTML HREF code to no end.

Best option is to upload the image to ATS media under your account but for flickr you can use the [ats] tags but since it is so big add the size reduction so it would be [ats=600x387] and when you right click on the image you will get the full size

edit on 19-11-2010 by zorgon because: No way am I filling this out

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think the problem in all this nonsense is the term..

TRUE COLOR

I have seen the debunkers keep harping on that issue over and over and some like Weed Wacker in this post...

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by zorgon

True Color Images from Mars Rovers

Yes. Very nice, eh. Apparent colors can vary greatly, under differing conditions of illumination/technology that reproduce them, for ultimate human viewing.

Here is a True Color Image from Earth, courtesy of Kodos and Kang (from their wedding album, on their honeymoon to the Third Rock):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d97d3b8384ef.jpg[/atsimg]

Can you name that (apparently) very red-sand desert that exists here on Earth?? I know I can't (and they aren't telling, either. They value their privacy dearly, and don't want autograph seekers and Paparazzi crowding into their private getaway......).

go out of their way with a shoddy attempt at humor to push their agenda

So maybe what we need to do is use a new term
Something that even a simple mind can understand...

What we are looking for in reality is something that is close to what we would see with out own eyes. That is why after all the COLOR WHEEL was put on the Rovers in the first place... so that we would have a comparison

The SUN is the same sun on Mars hence the wavelengths of light are the same.

While the image that Herr Wacker shows us IS made up of 'true colors' he did NOT provide us with a known color sample of that Desert to compare to so we can see what it should look like

Yet we watch TV and see what most normal people would consider 'true color' it certainly matches what we see when we step outside
These debunkers can try all they want with their diversions, it won't change the fact to anyone with common sense...

The TV you watch produces only THREE COLORS Red Green and Blue... these are the primary colors of light. This is taught at the grade school level so I do not understand why the concept is so hard to grasp

www.tooter4kids.com...

So if we have a photo that is set to 'approximately what we see on the color wheel, then is it not close enough to see what it would look like? Surely one does not need a degree in physics to understand if the blue swatch on the wheel is bright PINK, we are not seeing reality?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Oh and that Red Desert's name?

RED SAND DUNE KNOWN AS 'BIG RED' IN THE SIMPSON DESERT, BIRDSVILLE, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA

edit on 19-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I really don't understand why they just can't take normal pictures like everybody else does on earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join