It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Color Images from Mars Rovers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think this image pretty much sums up the fact that NASA have manipulated the coulor of the images we have been fed from day one , and let it slip by including the martian sundial on the rovers .

www.goroadachi.com...
As an avid watcher of the images being released from the rovers I also noticed that NASA stopped releasing pictures that included the Sundial , cropping it out when it would have been in shot .

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I've seen mars through a telescope. It looks red-ish to me. I know it isn't blue.
Cool pictures, Zorgon.

Well since there is no open water on Mars I would not expect the planet to look blue on a telescope... conversely I would not expect you to say that you should be able to see what color the Martian sky is from your telescope.

But looking at rocks is one thing... lets look at this metal spring found lying around

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What do you think the spring is Zorgon?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That's certainly a real spring.. it must have come off the rover.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What is that wreckage that is sitting next to the spring?

Didn't something crash there?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I don't know. I assumed it was what the Rover was attatched to when it landed.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
first thing I noticed was the sky, looks blue, that means the atmosphere is scattering the light like on earth.
then we have the moon being pitch black.

it really doesn't surprise me, they color enhance to make things what they think regular people want to vision. It is even done with everything, even a big mac.

for the spring, it looks like an abducted aluminum can that went through a precision mutilation. poor little can

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

edit on 18-11-2010 by mysteryskeptic because: double posted, scary!!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Pretty interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
What is that wreckage that is sitting next to the spring?
Didn't something crash there?

Not sure exactly what that is from...

The Rovers landed by bouncing balls
and when they stopped they left this behind

Here is the video of the landing... its really an animation but shows the whole process from launch to landing

www.maasdigital.com...

There was a heat shield and parachute that fell miles away but they don't look like that scrap. There is a lot of stuff crashed up there
might be the top of the capsule that held the parachute

Oh its on youtube now too. It answers the question of how the parachute works on Mars

Mars Exploration Rover 2003

edit on 19-11-2010 by zorgon because: No way am I filling this out

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In the interest of actually educating newer members on this subject, might I take this opportunity to direct them to a couple of authoritative threads on this subject. The threads are by ATS member Kano and another by the one and only Skeptic Overlord.

Mars photo colors - synopsis by Kano

Mars discussion thread - SO

These two threads contain many actual facts and analysis, although I understand the current style on ATS is to post a few non-provenanced photos with some anti-establishment rhetoric.

I would have thought pointers to these threads would have been included in one of the initial posts, but here they are for everyone to browse.

Read, enjoy, and learn!

Peace
Montana
edit on 11/19/2010 by Montana because: Fixed links

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Nice one for posting that image of the "dial" i knew i had seen
it before. maybe it was on this site,it was also the same argument
that the colour had been altered.
What's so shocking that we cant be allowed to see in true colour?
surly it's not just to enhance the images for a cooler picture?

nice thread zorgon VERY NICE ROCK!! where ya get it?
is it magnetic?

OH is that where beagle ended up crashing in those wreckage pics

all thats left is a spring.sad untrue but so funny.
edit on 19/11/2010 by stealthyaroura because: for the beagle joke

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
C'mon, man, you can't keep presenting stuff like this. Either it's visible and doesn't need highlighting, in color or otherwise, or it's not visible except to your imagination, as in the above example.

Been through that a hundred time... some can see it as plain as the nose on their face, others see nothing but blurry rocks. My daughter, an artist... picks them out faster than I can. TheBorg, a mod here at ATS was like you, couldn't see anything but blurs... until one day his mind grasped the scale and he saw one of the items on his own. After that he actually found many new items on his own.

There are people who get hired by the Air Force to go over satellite photos to identify targets. They get paid big bucks. I have seen some of the old RAF photos of Germany and even I had trouble identifying what they labeled.

So what to do? Stop because some people do not have the ability to see? Well sorry... not going to happen. The color highlights also included do help some people find what you are looking at.

There are many reasons why some cannot see it...while others have no difficulty. I won't list them all, but because of this difference between people.. it has led us to endless arguments where the one side screams "its nothing but blurry rocks, your an idiot" while the other side screams back "its as plain as day, your blind as a bat"

I guess its not likely to change... but the "Rotini fossil" was pointed out and highlighted by NASA.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
In the interest of actually educating newer members on this subject, might I take this opportunity to direct them to a couple of authoritative threads on this subject.

Nice
But I have that report that SO posted a small section of.

Its from here

Color Calibration of Spirit and Opportunity Rover Images
Ron L. Levin*, Lockheed Martin IS&S, Building 5, 1300 S. Litchfield

mars.spherix.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And what is your take on the extensive analysis and research in those threads?

Certainly there is information there worth more than a cute little laughing face...

Peace
Montana

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Certainly there is information there worth more than a cute little laughing face...

I'll give them a read later when I get some time and get back to you

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Until then,

Good Evening all

Montana

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My opinion on why they dont want us to see the true colors is because it would show us things in greater detail. Possibly not even on mars as been pointed out. That way they can use the funds for black projects and such. That makes more sense to me. Can we use this same coloring to look at the supposed sitting creature on mars? maybe we will be able to determine better what it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
mars is close enough to us to have the same type of minerals, rocks, and stuff. Cool pics

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well those altered colored gauge markings make this a pretty common sense case.

The sky on Mars is indeed blue afterall? Granted these photographs are true as presented...

I am led to believe that the sky is blue on Earth because of a presence of oxygen. And that the oxygen atom absorbs the various spectrum of light except blue, because it reflects the blue spectrum specifically.

So this leads me to suspect Mars has a atmosphere with at least some oxygen content. Although it would make sense that it is still a low pressure atmosphere compared to Earth's due to Mars being a smaller planet etc. We may see high pressure zones in areas with dust storms raging on perhaps, but thats a basic guesstimate.

Anyways, if these pics are true it means that NASA hid the presence of Oxygen in the atmosphere on Mars. ( However if someone could prove it was a different atom causing the blue hue, I may concede to them granted they provide sufficient evidence.)

Why would NASA hide the reality of Oxygen in the atmosphere on Mars?

Is it breathable there?

That would be a serious mind trip though.

Imagine that. A breathable atmosphere on Mars comparable to high altitude locations on Earth. I wonder what the true temperatures would be? Similar to cold locations on Earth?

This would make Mars a prime location for making colonies.

That would make the theory that a human-like civilization and or advanced humans could be living there right now.

This brings up countless questions, gives credence to a lot of suspicions, and really it makes sense that they would cover up something that important. Oxygen.

And it's really hard to disagree here, due to the fact that color guage is clearly different. When correcting the colors, the reality becomes apparent. That's just common sense.

So that's a smoking gun right there.

There is still the chance this is Not true. But it would become some sort of elaborate double - conspiracy Blue Beam stuff.

Also it makes me wonder if there really is some sort of aliens controlling humanity on Earth right now. Or else a super evil human at the least.

Because a cool person or what I expect of humans, is that they would have no reason to hide the fact we might actually be able to live on Mars easily.

I can see all kinds of motives for hiding something that big though.

That would make NASA a front for pushing disinfo onto the population for the Air Force and Navy.
Granted our interpretation of these photographs is accurate. Like I said it could be an elaborate hoax or conundrum of logic, but I have gut feeling this may just be the jackpot.

Can't hide everything all the time, can you? You would need infinite time, and no one has that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join