It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for the Oil crash and the end of our current way of life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I live in a relatively dark area of the United States, where we have tons of cloudy days, yet there are people around here that live off the grid completely with solar power. I realize that oil will crash but I'm looking forward to restoring the planet's greenery, so bring it on.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
oil crash?
abiotic oil look it up.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
S&F.

The main thing that makes me believe in peak oil is the way the west is attacking the oil owning countries.
Iraq - war.
Iran - working up to war.
Venezuela - preparing the public to believe Chavez is a dictator in preperation for possible war.
Etc etc...

If oil wasn't a problem, then why all the interest in the oil producing nations?
There are plenty of countries that are more deserving of international interest, but it only seems to be the ones with oil.

As for being prepared, I am learning as many old skills as I can, even the basic stuff, like sewing etc.
I believe accepting the problem and mentally preparing is more than half the battle.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Every single one of them could have been drinking mineral water from the event up to now from all that money.
It really sickens me that they now face an easily avoided epidemic.

I agree with the last post.

Bring it on !!

And...

Hemp can be used for almost all of our oil based products.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
All we have to do is remove a significant percent of the world population and we'll be fine.

Implications of Worldwide Population Growth for U.S. Security and Overseas Interests - Henry Kissinger

Worth a read....

"Depopulation should be the highest priority of U.S. foreign policy towards the Third World." - Henry Kissinger

It may seem wrong, but he's absolutely right.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Sewing, Wood construction, Fire making... Life is an adventure. I say we should enjoy the ride.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

No we don't !!

It's not the worlds population that is using all the oil.
Only a small part is responsible for all the oil currently used in the world.

Henry Kissinger is/ was only a puppet from TPTB

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Fearmongering...

We won't be running out of oil anytime soon:

www.rense.com...

www.oralchelation.com...

www.kuro5hin.org...

I'm off to fill up the V8...
edit on 19-11-2010 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
About goddamn time.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Some people just want to doomsay. They say that oil will run out so I better do something. I tell them that I drive an electric car and Arizona has nuclear power, then they say "well your dashboard and seats are plastic so...". I say well I already have the car, so if they cant make any more dashboards I'm still covered. Then they say "oh yeah well it takes oil to make tires so your still screwed". I say that's okay I will just walk to work, and they say "but your sneakers are made with oil, and the very streets are paved with asphalt". They just won't stop coming up with example of how we are all doomed, and won't be happy until you go and rock back and forth in a corner while sobbing about your impending demise.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The oil is kept in the ground to make an artificial scarcity so the price won't drop.
They went after countries that were going to sell oil in other than dollars because if (scratch that) WHEN the world stops trading oil in dollars it will no longer be the worlds' reserve currency and will collapse to zero instantly.
Just the new reserves in the US alone....hell they have capped wells in the north slope that alone would drop the price of oil to nothing but Bush made sure you can't have any.
he gave it to BRITISH petroleum....who is selling what they are pumping to CHINA

In case you didn't notice the gulf oil disaster google abiotic oil.
Ya think dinos lived 5 miles down in the earth and pooped out ferns?
ooooK
edit on 19-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yea, sorry bro. problem already solved. Tesla cars and GM (I think) are about to role out th eplug in 500-200 mile cars, and more than likely the 21st century is going to be repeated once those babies get mass produced in a few years and overproduction of them and many others causes a depression.

Late to the races bro. Oil crises is already solved.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I have to say that our battle is with perception and an understanding that problems like this are less important of a topic then whether a star is getting divorced. If it is true that oil is "important to national security then we should look at this!!!!! There is a plant that grows with 8 times less water then the next closest plant that can be turned into a biofuel. It takes so little energy and plant nutrition to produce it that it would not require mass amounts of artificial nitrogen to grow it. It produces as much oxygen to compensate for the carbon dioxide that would be produced by an engine when it was turned into fuel or any plastic/computer... etc that we use oil for now. It is outlawed because a scientist a long time ago labeled it in the same class of plant as a recreational drug. The conspiracy is that you cannot use this stain/variant of the plant as a recreational drug. The reason it was outlawed in the first place does not apply here. They know that we will not rally behind because we are raised to believe that this particular type of plant is bad and therefore we wont to fit into society and be successful if we talk about it. How sad are we? The answer is right there but we are too stubborn to see it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Henry Ford made his own fuel for his first vehicles with potatoes. The plastic he used was made from beans.

We can survive without crude oil.

The problem is Crude Oil is what kept a constant temperature inside our planets core to keep the core molten. It will now cool and we will lose the magnetic field around our planet.

Life on this planet will cease to exist. There is no way to replace the crude oil we pumped out of this planet to keep it alive.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

Peak oil is a myth created to increase oil company profits. There is already plenty of scientific evidence that oil and other related substances are constantly renewed. The Earth makes oil regularly in other words.

Even if that were untrue, the United States is sitting on Trillions (with a T) of barrels of shale oil. Technology has reached the point where extraction from shale is cost effective.

BTW, we were supposed to be out of oil by now. According to the original Peak Oil calculations. But we're just finding more of the stuff everyday. It's everywhere.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well according to stats the US uses "almost" twice as much as the rest of the world
www.nationmaster.com...

So stands to reason if we got ride of them, the rest of the world would get till about 2050 before we hit peak oil

Don't go get all serious on me now, was just joking about taking out the US lol
edit on 19-11-2010 by bluedrake because: Edited to add link

edit on 19-11-2010 by bluedrake because: and spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
they have fond that oil is manufactured in the earth
it comes out with such volume and pwer the ruskies have had to NUKE 5 wels to shut tyem doen because they couldn't contain them

google abiotic oil
no scratch that, don't google abiotic oil the
ignore denygerance.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Of course we are going to run out. Why else would we be looking at other means of fuel such as hydrogen? And what's the bet that the governments around the world already have alternate sources of power ready in the shadows.

There's also nuclear power of course. I saw a news page just the other day saying how developments in nuclear technology are coming on so well that there's the possibility of having nuclear batteries to run our cars; lasting 10 years each!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

That's interesting, but there's not enough evidence yet to suggest it's actually happening anywhere other than that particular oil field. Might just happen to be a particularly deep reservoir or adjacent supply. I've seen some websites saying that this is happenening 'all over the world', which is complete and utter nonsense.

Abiotic oil

Although the abiogenic hypothesis was accepted by some geologists in the former Soviet Union, most geologists now consider the abiogenic formation of petroleum scientifically unsupported. Although evidence exists for abiogenic formation of methane and hydrocarbon gases within the Earth, studies indicate they are not produced in commercially significant quantities.

The abiogenic origin of petroleum has also recently been reviewed in detail by Geoffrey Glasby, who raises a number of objections, including that there is no direct evidence to date of abiogenic petroleum (liquid crude oil and long-chain hydrocarbon compounds).

From Ugo Bardi and Dale Pfeiffer :

The Earth does produce abiotic methane. It can be found in minute quantities along the world's mid-ocean ridges, venting from some volcanoes, and in some mine shafts. The amount of methane generated in these situations is minor, especially when compared to commercial natural gas reserves. There is more methane produced annually from cow farts than from abiotic sources. No scientist has ever denied the existence of abiotic methane. We have said that there is no evidence that it is produced in useful quantities, and we have stated that abiotic generation of simple hydrocarbons such as methane does not indicate abiotic production of the complex hydrocarbons we refer to as crude oil.

For the last century, all the evidence suggests that Oil is biological in origin and not created as result of processes within the Earth, numerous biomarkers being the main selling point. Oil fields continue to deplete all over the world and any 'refilling' is extremely rare. What does that tell you? If Abiotic oil is real, where is it? Abiotic oil regeneration is at best far fetched but possibly happening in very, very small amounts, and at worst it's not happening it all.

By the way, I'd appreciate if people would stop calling me a fearmonger, that's not what this thread is about. Peak oil isn't a theory. This is a serious problem and it's happening in the World today, whether you want to believe it or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
James Howard Kunstler, author of The Long Emergency and social critic believes that the current world economic and political chaos is a direct result of the world elite knowing that peak oil is upon us, and positioning themselves and their home lands to benefit in some way. Thus, the unnecessary wars, the economic chaos, the hording of gold, the never-ending bubbles - it's all preparation for the chaos that will ensue once we have $10-15 a gallon oil.

www.zerohedge.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join