It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we create our own experiences/life/realities after we die???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
reply to post by NorEaster

Very interesting and thank you very much for sharing part of what is in your book.

I do very much like your bottom line, that when we die, we are actually born. It would go with my thoughts on reincarnation, as well as that these lives are stepping stones and learning processes to something bigger.
I know you say it can be great or horrible, but do you feel that we could be able to create what awaits us after death (in your case: birth)? Can we create this reality/life/experience? If you mentioned your answer to this part already I apologize as I must have missed it. It has been a long day, having to wake up at 130am to get ready for work on Black Friday. Thanks in advance and for what you have shared so far!!

The people who once were "alive" did not really change once they transitioned into their completed and whole selves. After all, we are what we create of ourselves while in gestation. This means that there are as many predators on that side of the divide as there have ever been on this side of the divide, with as many variations of what this ends up meaning for the average prey that wanders into that realm as there are people looking for victims.

Knowledge is the only shield that the human being has against these threats, since eternal existence means eternal freedom or eternal subjugation, depending on what the individual firmly believes to be true. In this realm, the authoritarian may have his/her value, since order and restriction generally ends up preserving life and liberty when dealing with large concentrated masses of people who are vulnerable to injury, disease and mayhem. In the informational realm, proximity isn't an issue, and neither is physical affliction, but that doesn't change the authoritarian leader's need to dominate and control others. It also doesn't change the authoritarian follower's need to require his/her peers to get in line along with the rest of "right thinking" folks.

In some situations, sadistic personalities take advantage of these types of people - especially the authoritarian follower - to configure their own little versions of the traditional hell, where they are the Lord Satan, issuing the eternal damnation as they see fit. And why not? Some hapless people firmly believe that they'll deserve no better than eternal suffering once they've crossed over, and there will be plenty of Satans there to greet them when they've cleared the tunnel. Hell, they may even have a queue system set up to prevent fights over new arrivals. I imagine the scene at the downtown LA Greyhound bus terminal, where the teenage runaway steps off the bus and into the clutches of a pimp whose number is up for the next tragedy that arrives with a backpack and dreams of being the next Reality TV star, when I think of what awaits at the other end of the tunnel.

Like I said, human beings are what they create of themselves, and we already know what many of them are actively creating. A person who's expecting a perfect loving white light to accept them into paradise is easy prey for a white light that's bright enough and the only light that's there, and while it's not exactly what they expected, it's a white light, and it's there where it's supposed to be. They say :"Go to the light, so..."

Yeah, knowledge is pretty important when you consider the ramifications of ignorance in a realm where physical proximity doesn't serve as a buffer against anything and there are no good or bad sides of town. The truth is that no one can physically dominate or restrict anyone in that realm unless the dominated/restricted person accepts that domination or restriction. That said, ignorance can be how one is dominated, and rigidly held expectation (faith, is another word for it) is the shield that can be turned into a weapon against the faithful. It's not pretty, but reality isn't pretty. It is what it is.

What I've discovered is not much like the stuff that sits on the book shelves right now. There's good news and tough-to-deal-with news, but I didn't show up to make people feel comfortable. I showed up to wake them up.
edit on 11/27/2010 by NorEaster because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Agreed, knowledge is definitely important and through our knowledge we create what happens to us. Also, knowledge can be used against us and one must be careful for sure. And its good someone is trying to wake people up, because there is definitely a lot of people out there walking around in their sleep.
Interesting thought on what awaits us at the end of the tunnel.
Hopefully enough people will begin to wake up and see that we can create what happens to us.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting post. I study NDE's and there are various realities that can be experienced after death. Most intriguingly is the experience of Sarah that's posted on the Near-Death Experience Research Foundation website. She experienced going through the tunnel and seeing doorways on the side. The different doorways opened to different realities. She goes through a couple and sees people being tortured in a hellish realm and another realm where people are walking around very sad looking. However, she feels that it is their choice to be there and they could leave anytime, as she is able to leave. Here's the link: www.nderf.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why yes. The answer is... yes.

"For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause..."
- Hamlet

What Dreams May Come
www.imdb.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/036a80e718a6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

i completely agree... why would we want to clone humans? are there not enough of us on this planet already??? we are destroying this planet so quickly and it is already beyond over-crowded... why would we want to put copies of people that are already here on it... other than to harvest their organs when ours get old and worn out!! refer to the movie The Island for further info on that subject

but on that note, and hopefully not to far off the subject, they even go into the subconscious thoughts of... well, i don't know how to explain it, again you would have to watch the movie, but in it, they show that even though the clones were initially trapped underground in a vault type structure, that when ewan mcgregor (lincoln six echo) escapes the 'vault' and runs into the 'real' himself, he finds that he had drawn pictures of the boat owned by the non-clone 'him', showing that even though one of them was a clone and had never met eachother, they shared thoughts... or maybe that was just showing that they were truly one and the same, even though one was cloned from the other... okay, i'm starting to confuse myself with where i was trying to go with this, but believe me i know what i'm thinking!! sorry if you're unable to follow my train of thought, if you've seen this movie than you probably know what i'm talking about... sorry if i veered too far from the OP, but my intentions were good
edit on 8-12-2010 by schitzoandro because: add

edit on 8-12-2010 by schitzoandro because: grammar

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dan4112

Wow, thanks for sharing, I love reading NDE's. Also, her beliefs coincide exactly with mine and she is right it makes you feel better knowing those things.

reply to post by schitzoandro

I saw the movie The Island, so I definitely know where you are coming from. The possibility that a clone could share thoughts is interesting, perhaps half the soul is in the original and the other half in the clone?
And why would we want to clone ourselves. The answer is what we have now is never good enough for some people.
Have not seen this movie in awhile and your post makes me want to watch it again soon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join