It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we create our own experiences/life/realities after we die???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
When you die you wont have
Eyes to see
Ears to hear
Hands to feel
Nose to smell
Tongue to taste

How can you experience anything or life without these senses... you will basically be a blob of conciousness

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
When you die you wont have
Eyes to see
Ears to hear
Hands to feel
Nose to smell
Tongue to taste

How can you experience anything or life without these senses... you will basically be a blob of conciousness

Through the eyes, ears, hands, noses and tongues of others?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I agree with you on the good and bad. To me all is acceptable in this world. Definitely not if one wants to spiritually progress, which I believe is our mission. At times in lives we regress and in others we progress, and the more we progress, yes, I believe the less likely we are to regress. Because once we progress to a point I too think we ultimately are able to push away spiritual regression when opportunities come. Someone definitely can seem good to someone, yet are truly bad, and it can go the other way as well. Good can become bad and bad can become good, yet I think it is not a simple process, and is very complicated.

For the Cortez Boulevard, Bayport, FL one I am not really seeing the lady sleeping in the rocks. If you could post the image up here and show me, I would appreciate it, as it interests me. For the Grand Canyon National Park one, I think I see the aliens that you are talking about in the landscapes, though if you could post that image and show me what you see as well, just to see if we are seeing the same thing, I would appreciate it as well. Thanks in advance!

reply to post by catwhoknows

Hey catwhoknows,

I agree with you in the idea that everything we do leaves footsteps. Everything we do leaves a mark somehow whether it be tremendous to very small. Everything we have set out to do in our lives, is for some purpose (spiritual progressing, learning from experiences, etc.), so in affect of that it would definitely leave a mark/footstep in some way. We all definitely have to try and leave this world better than we saw it. That is something I think is a mission, so to say, of what we have to do in our lives.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

In our lives we have only known about the vehicles in which I believe our souls live in. We only think that we can experience things only through this vehicle and have no clue if we are able to experience things without them. Not being able to experience anything without our bodies/vehicles is something one can only speculate about and not know for certain. I think that we/our souls are able to experience things without these bodies/vehicles. How then would you explain people experiencing things during NDE and things of that nature???

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

I agree with you on the good and bad. To me all is acceptable in this world. Definitely not if one wants to spiritually progress, which I believe is our mission. At times in lives we regress and in others we progress, and the more we progress, yes, I believe the less likely we are to regress. Because once we progress to a point I too think we ultimately are able to push away spiritual regression when opportunities come. Someone definitely can seem good to someone, yet are truly bad, and it can go the other way as well. Good can become bad and bad can become good, yet I think it is not a simple process, and is very complicated.

For the Cortez Boulevard, Bayport, FL one I am not really seeing the lady sleeping in the rocks. If you could post the image up here and show me, I would appreciate it, as it interests me. For the Grand Canyon National Park one, I think I see the aliens that you are talking about in the landscapes, though if you could post that image and show me what you see as well, just to see if we are seeing the same thing, I would appreciate it as well. Thanks in advance!

reply to post by catwhoknows

Hey catwhoknows,

I agree with you in the idea that everything we do leaves footsteps. Everything we do leaves a mark somehow whether it be tremendous to very small. Everything we have set out to do in our lives, is for some purpose (spiritual progressing, learning from experiences, etc.), so in affect of that it would definitely leave a mark/footstep in some way. We all definitely have to try and leave this world better than we saw it. That is something I think is a mission, so to say, of what we have to do in our lives.

i161.photobucket.com...

her eye is closed, her other eye looks covered by hair, her mouth is closed and you should be able to see her ips if you look close. I don't know... it practically jumped off the page to me. i see it clear as day... she looks like she is sleeping. she looks mildly ill/thin/gaunt but she looks like a doll.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Nobody knows what happens after death. It is unknown. I do believe there is something after death, but in a way we can't imagine.
I don't believe the heaven hell stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ok, wow I see it now. Can't believe I did not see it before, it jumped out at me the second time I looked at it. Seeing things like these examples in the world's landscapes, have always interested me for some reason. Thanks for bringing these to our attention, very interesting.

reply to post by InfamousJL3

Yes, what happens to us after death is truly unknown to us, except possibly deep down in our souls, yet is not for some reason able to come to us.

Do you think though that it is possible for us to create what is after death? What our realities are there, what we experience there, etc.?? Or is it set the same for everyone and we are not able to create what is after death through are beliefs/thoughts?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Ok, wow I see it now. Can't believe I did not see it before, it jumped out at me the second time I looked at it. Seeing things like these examples in the world's landscapes, have always interested me for some reason. Thanks for bringing these to our attention, very interesting.

reply to post by InfamousJL3

Yes, what happens to us after death is truly unknown to us, except possibly deep down in our souls, yet is not for some reason able to come to us.

Do you think though that it is possible for us to create what is after death? What our realities are there, what we experience there, etc.?? Or is it set the same for everyone and we are not able to create what is after death through are beliefs/thoughts?

I thought it was pretty strange. If you go up and down the coast line, you won't likely see many other examples like that. It makes me wonder. Every once in a while I will find something that just grabs my attention like that... I like to look at geography. Mother earth seems to hold secrets but if you pay attention she starts revealing things. A lot of people take that for granted and pay no attention... just trample the ground they think belongs to them without thinking that we are an extension of her and need to pay more respect to what the earth offers us. instead we just make ugly cities in order to glorify ourselves it seems.
edit on 24-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I too like looking at geography and have not seen things like this on coast lines. These things definitely do grab your attention and makes you really think.

Yes! We are extensions of Mother Earth and we are all connected together and with her. She definitely does hold secrets that are unknown to us, unless possibly we are able to get back to what we once were, when we were more with her. We need to get away from thinking the thing we walk on is ours and stop glorifying ourselves. This only takes us further from who we were to begin with and where we are supposed to be. People need to wake up and just look around at the beauty of life and our world.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

In our lives we have only known about the vehicles in which I believe our souls live in. We only think that we can experience things only through this vehicle and have no clue if we are able to experience things without them. Not being able to experience anything without our bodies/vehicles is something one can only speculate about and not know for certain. I think that we/our souls are able to experience things without these bodies/vehicles. How then would you explain people experiencing things during NDE and things of that nature???

When your heart stops and your organs suffocate you become numb and light (Like floating). Your brain is still partly functional for a while and dies slowly as cells starve for oxygen so it is possible that people who have experienced NDE halucinate till their brains suffocate and die.
Smoking ciggarettes, inhaling fumes and basically anything that starves your brain from oxygen creates experiences that are exactly or are very similar to NDE.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with you in the fact that people could be hallucinating in this stage and experiencing things this way. Though that would prove that people could experience things without having their bodies/vehicles. Then proving that they could experience things through their conciousness/souls and not only with the senses you gave us like smell, taste, feel, etc., that we experience through our bodies/vehicles. Thus proving my point right and that it is possible, what I am getting at.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Tamahu

Thanks for the books and information. I will have to read up on that as from what you summed up sounded agreeable to me.

and let's not forget the Bible too (KJV) if possible, pretty much what theUNKNOWNawaits stated in his first post I have drawn similar conclusions from the Bible. I was schooled until the age of 10yrs in a Christian school but a relocation entered me into public realm at that time, I have always had a sense of religion/God/bible written in to me but I never really started to draw from the Bible until maybe 10/11yrs ago... In this world you can not take anything with you when you go but there is one obvious thing that you do take with you as explained by many sources/books and that is your soul/conscience/energy what ever one chooses to call it. Do we create our afterlife I don't know but I tend to believe not... If you do good by others and keep an open mind even by asking the questions shows we may be on the right track. I believe a dream can be somewhat of an explanation of what one experiences after death, and nightmares can some how maybe explain a little bit too... If we are born a new slate and never experienced bad things happening would we have still begun to draw monsters as children for no apparent reason ? It is a big mystery to me why children begin to draw monsters at a certain age. Imagine if this seed/darkness/anti-life was never planted and all we knew of the world was the good things would we still begin to draw monsters and have nightmares when we are children ? what if all we knew was life and not any darkness would we then have nothing but heavenly or lucid dreams ?

Just maybe we take with us who we are as individuals, remember the darkness can not understand the light... are you worthy to live forever ?

not bible thumping here just pointing out my perspective, (well trying but I was interrupted)

think happy thoughts

edit on 11/26/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I for one think that cloning is a cheat and why would one want to cheat... for what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

ok ok I am preaching now sry

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have been going from thread to thread here lately, and offering up one theory after another concerning everything from the origin of physical existence to what ghosts actually are. Meanwhile I keep referring to this book I just published, as I do so, and I can imagine that some folks are getting tired of these book ads masquerading as counterintuitive assertions. The truth is that there are millions of us who are concerned about this exact question - what happens after we die - and dealing with this concern is what drove my own research.

The problem with the standard theories is that each one ends up forcing you to accept it on the basis of faith. Even the theory that when you die, you cease to exist entirely. Especially that one. After all, thousands of years of empirical evidence suggests that people don't simply cease to exist, and you have to successfully explain all of that evidence as being hysterical or disingenuous in nature to be able to embrace that theory without applying faith as you do.

I found that if you want to get anywhere near a faithless assertion, you have to dig through every layer of progressive physical development until you reach the indivisible unit level of raw physical existence, and then establish how that unit level came into existence, and what required that emergence to occur. You have to establish the "being state", and in what forms it can take. You have to establish the existence of a foundational imperative, and how it is that any form of existence can be determined (and not in a philosophical sense, but a true nuts and bolts sense of logical requirement) once that imperative has imposed its requirement upon whatever it is that has emerged from that initial instance that was completely free of active impetus, but resulted in existential emergence as a direct result of the most primitive of "is or is not" logical fallout.

From there, you have to follow the path of least resistance - since this is how reality operates as it employs the variety of expressions that allow the foundational imperative (Survival) to "steer' forward development - to simply witness the resulting forms of emergent existence and how they've interacted as progressive development has moved forward. This is how I've come upon what I've come upon, and after a while, it becomes obvious that what we know of reality is extremely efficient and practical, and that even the most fantastic indications have a very mundane reason for being what they are. What I've also discovered is that every foundational motivation can be traced to the base imperative of Survival, and that even the grand mystery of life and death is based on the most ordinary of processes that we all see occurring in our own lives - whether we're involved in them ourselves or just know people who are involved in them.

With that as my intro, what I've discovered is that corporeal human life, as we're experiencing it right now, is the 2nd of a two stage gestation process that humanity (possibly the only creature on this planet, but possibly not) goes through before finally emerging (upon the completion of corporeal brain death) as a fully completed and viable dynamic informational being. The generation of Intellect (human version of dynamic information generated by the corporeal brain of an auto-animate organism) occurs in unique bursts that are experienced as consciousness by the gestating human being, before being immediately replaced by the next Intellect burst as active consciousness - establishing the corporeal experience of "now", with the previous burst gathered as "the past" within the informational mass of generated Intellect bursts that have collected since the brain began generational activity.

This gathered associated mass of Intellect bursts share a common "Primary Expression", or Personality, that is constantly affected by each additional burst, while affecting the generation process itself via a bio-feedback capability that does not exist in non-human corporeal information generation systems. This is the difference between "reason" and instinctive response, and what differentiates humans from animals; and it's what Freud referred to as the battle between the Id (DNA-supplied instinctive urge) and the SuperEgo (the Personality's active management effort) for control over the immediate expression (Ego) of each Intellect burst.

There's a hell of a lot more that definitively details how all of this operates and why it all has developed, but the bottom line is that when you die, you're actually born. This temporary corporeal state of existence is how your informational being state is manufactured - self-created, by the way, which is very significant and a fascinating process to detail - and when you emerge as whole, your perspective will be experienced as a composite "you" that your Personality has been crafting since it began to take control of the Intellect burst generation process when you were a pre-schooler.

The reason I'm giving so much of this away is that it's more important to me that people learn about what they are, than that I try to be mysterious about all of this in hopes of driving book sales in a market that thrives on mysterious suggestion. The whole of the logical structure that proves that what I'm suggesting is true takes 118,000 words to properly present, and for that, you'd really have to get the book. Also, it takes keeping good notes as you proceed through the presentation because all of it ends up being like a Rubik's Cube of information that doesn't resolve until it all falls together as one in the end. Still, most people either viscerally accept or reject what they end up believing, and these posts may be good enough for most of them. The premise may eventually register with them, and if it does by way of these posts, then I'll be happy about that.

We do live on, and there is no Satan or Hell or punishment or any of that. The eternal existence of the fully completed human being can be wonderful or can become horrible, though, and this is why I feel the need to educate people on what's really happening here. I guess I feel obligated through simple human decency to try and get this information out as far and wide as I can.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

oh my, what a humbling movie ! I just watched it because I heard it mentioned here, I never even heard of the movie but I have to thank you guys for bringing it up... I am a sci-fi and documentary kinda guy I would have never rented this movie.

thanks to you all it was beautiful.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
I for one think that cloning is a cheat and why would one want to cheat... for what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

ok ok I am preaching now sry

I don't think it's cheating unless it's used in destructive ways. For example, there is a certain organization who takes donations from people and have a very elaborate story of aliens to claim that they are right in their endeavors, yet their story is tainted with contradictions. They tell people they have achieved cloning and take large sums of money from wealthy people who are grieving over the loss of a loved one, usually a child. They then claim to clone these lost loved ones, yet have no evidence of being able to transmute a soul.. and we all know that two bodies can have same dna while housing different souls (twins)...so they are giving false hope... or lets say somewhere down the line we grow to understand transfer of the soul and someone starts stealing souls... or creating soulless beings in order to house evil souls.

... but to clone for the sake of preserving memory, not in the sense that your new mind will already have those memories, but if those memories are preserved and can be relearned in the same genetic mind with the same spiritual tendencies, then could you not obtain a vast wealth of wisdom over your lengthy life/lives... and close relationships with people who are and will remain very familiar to you. If it could be possible... why not then?
Why keep reinventing the wheel so to speak? If you loved someone and considered them a partner that you would always want by your side and then it was time for both of you to die and you had the option of going back to a time when you were young by cloning yourselves and you could retain your memories in various ways.. and you awoke to be told all of this while in a young body and your schooling involved first reapplying your knowledge you previously had and you had someone to share this experience with however many times you chose... Don't you think that would pave the way for great wisdom and tight spiritual bonds?

It would eliminate so many of the problems of life... all the things that make life so difficult to begin with.

Who knows??? maybe it wouldn't be losing your soul, maybe it would be just choosing to keep your soul "found"
I mean that's what it sounds like, specifically being able to keep track of the soul. We all came from one, I believe but we separated to experience all this and maybe we want to categorize our one self into different complimentary parts and this is how we could achieve that.... by keeping the pot from being constantly stirred and making the one big mush continuously. If we care for it so much, why not track it? Why not hold on to what we love and our memories and our way of life and expect that our soul, when it transfers, will be of same or similar tendencies? we would be proving to ourselves, if it worked and we could pick up where we left off... that we really are more than just organisms. those who are in doubt that life has any real meaning or that there is something to the soul or who live in fear of death, we could eliminate all of that.

i believe the soul lives on... very much in the likeness of what was there when it passed on, but many do not. many only see the world in what I consider shallow and superficial ways and they will scrounge and steal and screw over to get what they can out of life while they are here because they do not believe in an all knowing collective of truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Perhaps dreams are a look into what may await us after death, though that would make it seem different every time. As most dreams I have are not the same, and are of different place, people, etc. Who knows though maybe that is what it is like after death.
And no, I do not think if there was only good in the world and it was all we knew, that we would have nightmares and draw monsters as kids. This would be a strange world to us.
If we are to take with us who we are as individuals, it would go along with the possibility of being able to create what awaits us after death. Because who we are as individuals is made up our thoughts (our thoughts create us and our world), so then maybe our thoughts could create us and our world after death.
I am not sure I would go as far as saying cloning is cheating, though I do not condone it or think that it is such a great idea.
Where did you get the movie? I've been trying to find it online to watch, but can't anywhere.

I do not think cloning as I said above is cheating, however I am not on the side that it is a good thing as well. I see your point in preserving memories and the benefits of knowing things you did not at certain points in your life and how this could benefit you and the world. Yet a part of me says this is not how the process of life was created originally and intended for. A part of me says knowing this would take some of the beauty out of the world. It would change things for sure, but whose to know if it would change things for the better. It may be for the worse. Sometimes eliminating a problem or problems with one way, may only create another or more problems, perhaps worse then the original problem. Also, if we are to be spiritually progressing this would sort of give people advantages and thus lose the point of learning and moving on in the right way.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Very interesting and thank you very much for sharing part of what is in your book.

I do very much like your bottom line, that when we die, we are actually born. It would go with my thoughts on reincarnation, as well as that these lives are stepping stones and learning processes to something bigger.
I know you say it can be great or horrible, but do you feel that we could be able to create what awaits us after death (in your case: birth)? Can we create this reality/life/experience? If you mentioned your answer to this part already I apologize as I must have missed it. It has been a long day, having to wake up at 130am to get ready for work on Black Friday. Thanks in advance and for what you have shared so far!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Perhaps dreams are a look into what may await us after death, though that would make it seem different every time. As most dreams I have are not the same, and are of different place, people, etc. Who knows though maybe that is what it is like after death.
And no, I do not think if there was only good in the world and it was all we knew, that we would have nightmares and draw monsters as kids. This would be a strange world to us.
If we are to take with us who we are as individuals, it would go along with the possibility of being able to create what awaits us after death. Because who we are as individuals is made up our thoughts (our thoughts create us and our world), so then maybe our thoughts could create us and our world after death.
I am not sure I would go as far as saying cloning is cheating, though I do not condone it or think that it is such a great idea.
Where did you get the movie? I've been trying to find it online to watch, but can't anywhere.

I do not think cloning as I said above is cheating, however I am not on the side that it is a good thing as well. I see your point in preserving memories and the benefits of knowing things you did not at certain points in your life and how this could benefit you and the world. Yet a part of me says this is not how the process of life was created originally and intended for. A part of me says knowing this would take some of the beauty out of the world. It would change things for sure, but whose to know if it would change things for the better. It may be for the worse. Sometimes eliminating a problem or problems with one way, may only create another or more problems, perhaps worse then the original problem. Also, if we are to be spiritually progressing this would sort of give people advantages and thus lose the point of learning and moving on in the right way.

I do agree that a little bit of knowledge can be a very dangerous thing and yes, sometimes even solutions to problems create bigger problems... but let's say we could find a means to achieve this. If we were able to access that knowledge, is it safe to say that it is not a total abomination to God? That is for those who believe in God. Some believe that even if the processes of cloning could be monitored with what our society can agree upon as strict morality, it is still some kind of sacrilege... but if we gained the knowledge and there is a God, is it safe to say that he didn't totally and permanently keep this information from us? In other words, we were allowed to explore it if were achievable and god leaves it up to us how we use it....???

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Yes, I agree that on the outside just looking at it, that there does not seem to be anything wrong with it. To me all is allowed in this world (not counting for spiritual progressing, just what is allowed in this world). So then this would be allowed, though I wonder if it would be a progress or regress in the spiritual process. Everything is out there though, so if you were able to reach this information, then props to you (hopefully whoever would reach this information would use it just for good). For me though, in this life, I would not even attempt this process through cloning, as the feeling to me is that it would take away too much of the natural and beautiful process our lives currently have. Who knows though? Perhaps it is our fate to reach this level and information. And maybe not....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join