It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Photo/Report from NYC this morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was on a music board that I browse and came across an interesting photo taken in NYC this morning. The poster had this to say about what he saw:

I was walking my dog along the east river in NYC and i saw this thing make a circular zigzag across the sky. it must have been going over 1000 mph... all i saw was a white streak... it left a smoke trail.. will post a pic in a second... i couldnt get the whole zigzag in one photo because it was so big but ill post a few... anyone ever see anything like this before?

Later in the thread he described hearing no sound and it moving so fast he couldn't see it. He said it zipped across the sky in 2-3 seconds before it was out of sight.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Location of photo taken:
somewhere between 96th and 86th street.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

It wont take long for the others to come along and debunk this...but i do have to say that it looks like a normal airplane contrail albeit sharp turning could be a high flying military jet

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I really have no clue what it is. Could a jet flyover without making any sound if it was at a high enough elevation? If it was that high I wouldn't think that you would only see it for 2-3 seconds...thats pretty quick. no expert here though

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

looks like a typical contrail here in nyc. its been very windy since yesterday, so chalk it up to weather and contrails

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What is also interesting is dark line continuing in direction of objects flight before it took sharp right turn.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm almost literally within a stone's throw of where that picture was supposedly taken. Its too bad I didn't bring my camera to the office today. Because there is a contrail right outside my window that looks very much like the one in the photo. It was made by an airplane. Either making a turn under the direction of ATC or flying "race track circles" in a holding pattern

Have a look at these contrails
edit on 18-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join