It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators and TSA Defend "Love Pats" at Airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com

Pistole, calm and confident in the face of an increasing public outcry against the procedures, talked extensively about the repercussions of last year's attempted Christmas Day bombing being the impetus for the enhanced screenings before the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, TSA's oversight committee.

"We know the terrorists' intent is still there," Pistole testified. "We are using technology and protocols to stay ahead of the threat and keep you safe. (Several near-misses by terrorists on airplane bombings) got through security because we were not being thorough
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More blathering and propaganda from tptb.

This disgusting nonsense has to stop.

I experienced this first hand over the weekend and was absolutely shocked at the depth and scope of which these thugs go to in violating the civilianry.

I saw them groping what looked to be about an 80 year old male, out in front of everyone. They had him spread eagle, and the agent ran his hand up around his genitals. The man looked totally humiliated and demoralized.

People need to rise up, en masse against this type of thuggery, and say enough is enough. We are being completely violated, in order just to move from point A to B.

Completely appalling.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Tell the senators about boris yeltsin in russia in 90's who was being targeted with non lethel weapons. They called him a zombie, and this is why you saw him have so many problems, and alot of you probably laughed at him.

Tell the senators to research that.

You people probably have never heard of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Starred and Flagged. I want to see a video where everyone of those POSs Senators has it done to them! Of course Feinstein probably would love it and go back for seconds - I'm sure it'd be the most action she's had in a while.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
TSA TREASON SANCTIONED ASSAILANTS, did any on hear what the head of the TSA said? in one sentence i will give you the jest of it, I will take the 4th amendment and through it away. does one agency have the right or the power to do this? with out the say of the people? if so we have lost the USA for ever!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is what is happening currently:

This is what MUST Happen!

NOW!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.cbsnews.com

Pistole, calm and confident in the face of an increasing public outcry against the procedures, talked extensively about the repercussions of last year's attempted Christmas Day bombing being the impetus for the enhanced screenings before the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, TSA's oversight committee.

Its odd that the whole justification for the scanners is based on the supposed Christmas Day bombing 'attempt'. I still cannot get over that the company behind all of this is called RAPE-i-scan (Rapiscan). The 'i' dictates that the 'a' is a long vowel. Its not rap-i-scan. Its rape-i-scan.
edit on 11/18/2010 by ararisq because: No italics

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's great that people are talking about this and protesting this, but people really just need to stop flying, and embargo and boycott the airlines.

The airlines are an engine of economics, they drive tourism and business, and by people not flying a lot more than the airlines will suffer. When you have tourist states and nations putting the pressure on, fortune 500 companies because their executives won't travel out to meet with managers in the field anymore. Then they will absolutely rethink this.

The truth is legally the Fourth Amendment does not apply, because Congress will use the Commerce Clause, which gives them unlimited power in regulating interstate commerce.

The airlines of course are all about interstate commerce.

The corporate powers that be, aren't in fact going to bow to voter pressure, as we have seen with Obama, hope and change is all about simply hoping there will be change that never occurs. Not one Bush era law has been stricken down or repealled, and they are still as we can all see, cheerfully and merrily continueing to built up the Security State and the Electronic Control Grid to become more and more all encompassing and intrusive.

What has to change is NOT the Government, what has to change IS US.

When people stop supporting these criminals and violations of their dignity and humanity, and just say no. Take your job and shove it, sorry grandma we aren't coming for Thanksgiving this year, honey no vacation to Bermuda we will go to the local state park, then believe me they will get the hint.

Money talks BS walks, the buck stops here, the one that starts in your wallet!

Dimensional Detective I love you brother, but how could you let them do that to you? I haven't flown since 9-11 and I don't plan too until they put an end to all this intrusive security and treating everyone like they are common criminals, and making everyone frightened of everyone else. We simply ALL have to stop flying, and realize there is NO reason valid enough to be treated like a COMMON CRIMINAL by the state we enrich, and businesses we patronize.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I absolutely agree with everything you said brother. In this instance, my options of travel were slim, as I had to be part of something very important on the other side of the states, which came up quickly, and had no other option of getting there on time.

I will not being doing so again, any time soon. As I said, even I was shocked to the level of sickening treatment I observed. It was like a gang of sanctioned humiliators and gropists, treating folks like animals.

Gandhi actually paved the road for what I see as our only way of ending this endless nonsense and abuses of the masses by a few egoically insane power mongers. Total non-compliance, and detachment from the structure of power and ruling class thugs, who are always the same groups behind all these sickening enterprises.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And more on this story:

Feds holding firm on intrusive airport security

Government holding firm on airport pat-downs and body scans despite deluge of complaints

Despite a deluge of complaints over intrusive pat-downs and revealing airport scans, the government is betting Americans would rather fly safe than untouched. "I'm not going to change those policies," the nation's transportation security chief declared Wednesday.

Continued:

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I agree with you and to the extent that I do fly, I will do the pat down rather than get the radiation, mostly because I have already had too many x-rays for medical purposes and have been advised by doctors to limit further exposure.

That being said, it will be interesting to see the first suit coming from someone who has a job that requires very frequent travel. I know folks who are on planes 3 times a week. It will only be a matter of time before someone claims workers compensation for some form of radiation sickness - even if it is merely psychological in nature. You will also have someone sue their employer for sexual harrassment for forcing them to be violated as a part of the job.

Lawyers are already working those cases up, waiting for clients.

Not flying is the option if you have it. Folks are getting in the season where they plan their summer holiday. Everyone should take a look at areas within driving distance of their homes and opt to vacation there rather than fly. There are 100s of great places to check out rather than go to Disney or some other corporate driven nonsense.

I don't hold up much hope for this form of protest to be successful. People have not shown themselves to be willing to make the sacrifice to make a boycott successsful, when it could be very serious and effective method of getting some reaction.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I will not being doing so again, any time soon. As I said, even I was shocked to the level of sickening treatment I observed. It was like a gang of sanctioned humiliators and gropists, treating folks like animals.

You know the first time I crossed the country, I used my thumb. I was 16 years old, and with 10.00 in my pocket and a sachel of clothes on my back, I made it from D.C. to L.A. in about 3 days.

Where there is a will there is a way, and quite possibly an adventure.

Once empowered with a little bit of power, there is a certain type of personality that will in fact gleefully do all you have described above.

Nueman's personality test often used by the Corporations and Government as part of pre-employment screening process, is likely being used to secure just the type of personality you listed above.

Frankly if I have to be groped and fondled, I think I would prefer it in a stranger's car, than on a line in an airport, at least there I might get a kiss and a hug too, and a free lunch!

That's what the good fight is all about, making it worth the price you pay. Air travel is only a hundred years old, we have been getting around for thousands of years without flying. There is just no real reason to give them that much power and authority through a voluntary system, and the system is voluntary.

Sure by creating the monopoly they try to hold you hostage to it, but no one has to be.

Nature actually gave us legs for a reason, we shouldn't be afraid to use them. Our not to distant ancestors would have had to spend the better part of a year crossing the country, by foot, horseback, and wagon, and brave wild animals and angry natives along the way. They managed to do it.

Now days we have become so spolied and so lazy we act like a 3 day bus trip, is a journey into never ending hell.

We should in reality be boycotting Washington, ending tourism to it, sending back our 1040's with offer of contract rejected on them, will negotiated once the TSA and Homeland Security and the Patriot and FISA Acts are eliminated, and full public inquiries are held regarding 9-11.

They don't have the power to deal with millions and millions of protesters, just the one or the few.

The Hippies had the Nixon White House scared to death when a million of them would get together on the Mall. There is no way to stop that kind of a mob short of a nuclear weapon.

Our power is in our own numbers, and that's why they like to line us up, through choke points, where they can deal with us one at a time, while the rest of us wait fearfully or apprehensively and angrily in line, waiting our own turn.

We can stop this man.

We really can.
edit on 18/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

heh-heh.

Your posts always make me smile.

Brilliant.

And I so agree. We do hold all the power. They do all they can to keep us from being aware of it. Because, like you said, they are TERRIFIED of it.

But I feel a shift is coming in this regard. The awakening, and the remembrance.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Not flying is the option if you have it. Folks are getting in the season where they plan their summer holiday. Everyone should take a look at areas within driving distance of their homes and opt to vacation there rather than fly. There are 100s of great places to check out rather than go to Disney or some other corporate driven nonsense.

First off it's just plain wrong to leave Miami. We have it all right here, tropical weather, beautiful beaches, gorgeous women, great food, shopping, and leisure, so I can't imagine where else anyone once here would really need to go some place else!

Even the Dolphins should insist on nothing but Home Games!

Now having said that, those of you who aren't already in Miami, it's closed! Stay put, it's horrible here, the traffic is rotten, the weather is way to hot and humid, the beaches are poluted with hook worms, and dengue fever, and cholera are on the rise, the women are ugly and mean, everything is over priced, there is nothing to do, and you really are a fool for coming here, even the Dolphins hate playing here!

Stay at home and have a fun filled vacation writing email after email to your congressmen and senators and making phone call after phone call tying up their staff to complain about the TSA, Homeland Security, the Patriot Act, the FISA Act and why there have been no public inquiries into 9-11!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

And I so agree. We do hold all the power. They do all they can to keep us from being aware of it. Because, like you said, they are TERRIFIED of it.

They really are, that is why they started developing the Police/Security state to try to offset our growing numbers. They are forcing us into austerity for a reason through the manipulation of the economy. We really are only about as free as the money in our pockets.

They are acquiring all the real property, the corporations have got just about a monopoly on everything, we are becoming totally dependent and compliant.

Joseph Stalin once said, "People are like chickens, you can pluck out all their feathers and leave them naked and defenseless and they will scamper about happily at your feet for a few grains of corn"

That's what they have been doing to us, stripping us of our wealth, our opportunities, our choices, our dignity and pride and self respect, and lining us up for meager hand outs.

One of my friends, just found out to day that her two years of unemployment is going to be extended yet again, by the Federal Government.

This is actually how they want us, stripped of property and jobs, totally dependent on them, learning to live on a crippling budget that makes it nearly impossible to rebel against them.

People who care, just need to keep atgitating, and pushing, and being vocal, it's the squeeky wheel that gets the grease.

Keep up the good fight my friend.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I always had a low opinion of Ron Paul. But after seeing that, I'll campaign for him. Thank you MA - starred of course. He seems like the only person in congress who is awake at the wheel.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It's great that people are talking about this and protesting this, but people really just need to stop flying, and embargo and boycott the airlines.

The airlines are an engine of economics, they drive tourism and business, and by people not flying a lot more than the airlines will suffer. When you have tourist states and nations putting the pressure on, fortune 500 companies because their executives won't travel out to meet with managers in the field anymore. Then they will absolutely rethink this.

The truth is legally the Fourth Amendment does not apply, because Congress will use the Commerce Clause, which gives them unlimited power in regulating interstate commerce.

The airlines of course are all about interstate commerce.

The corporate powers that be, aren't in fact going to bow to voter pressure, as we have seen with Obama, hope and change is all about simply hoping there will be change that never occurs. Not one Bush era law has been stricken down or repealled, and they are still as we can all see, cheerfully and merrily continueing to built up the Security State and the Electronic Control Grid to become more and more all encompassing and intrusive.

What has to change is NOT the Government, what has to change IS US.

When people stop supporting these criminals and violations of their dignity and humanity, and just say no. Take your job and shove it, sorry grandma we aren't coming for Thanksgiving this year, honey no vacation to Bermuda we will go to the local state park, then believe me they will get the hint.

Money talks BS walks, the buck stops here, the one that starts in your wallet!

Dimensional Detective I love you brother, but how could you let them do that to you? I haven't flown since 9-11 and I don't plan too until they put an end to all this intrusive security and treating everyone like they are common criminals, and making everyone frightened of everyone else. We simply ALL have to stop flying, and realize there is NO reason valid enough to be treated like a COMMON CRIMINAL by the state we enrich, and businesses we patronize.

I have stopped traveling by air, except when my lady love needs me to. How long before we need passports to travel from state to state? Big Brother, you are going down.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

I absolutely agree with everything you said brother. In this instance, my options of travel were slim, as I had to be part of something very important on the other side of the states, which came up quickly, and had no other option of getting there on time.

Gandhi actually paved the road for what I see as our only way of ending this endless nonsense and abuses of the masses by a few egoically insane power mongers. Total non-compliance, and detachment from the structure of power and ruling class thugs, who are always the same groups behind all these sickening enterprises.

Damned straight.

Second line.

new topics

top topics

join