It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so here's my simple and quick plan to save some money in national budget.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not sure this is the right place. if not please move....

It really is quite simple.... Change the hour of gov. offices.

A perfect example is the DMV in most places its open from 0830 to about 1630.

These hour look pretty similar to the hours that most other people work in this country. But why? Why would you have a government office open to serve the people during hours when honest working people cant go?

Every one that drives has to go at least once or twice a year and what do you have to do? You have to take time out of your work day. Using your PTO that you've been trying to save for a vacation or take unpaid time off and take a loss for your week's pay depending on your situation that can really hurt.

so to save some money for the people and the government why not change the hours. have the DMV and other public serving office change there hour to times when the general public is able to use there services?

Then you wouldn't have to take time off from work and the DMV or other offices wouldn't be paying there employees to set there during the slow hours when no one can make it in.

change the hour to something like 1500 to 2000 that only five hour's a day and 25 hours a week and would still accomplish the same job they do now just 10 times more efficient. The employees could even get a slight raise so the would average the same pay as a 40 hour week. The money for the raise could come from the reduced utility cost since they would cut the hours....

so what do you think?

it may not be much but every bit helps.

peace.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
come on anything. not even a your retarded or that sucks for an idea?

i didnt think it was that bad..... any taker?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot
come on anything. not even a your retarded or that sucks for an idea?

i didnt think it was that bad..... any taker?

I think it's a good idea. All government offices work swing shift! If they worked Congress hours we'd have no jobs.

It takes a half day waiting in line to get a replacement Social Security card.

Also all Doctor and Dental offices.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They should only be open on the weekend, get rid of the full time employees and only have part time workers, can hire twice as many for less money (no insurance, vacation etc. etc.). That is what a business would do, better hours for their "customors" and much cheaper... but of course, it's only our money they're wasting (well, more like our grandchildrens money at this point) so who cares.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

They should only be open on the weekend, get rid of the full time employees and only have part time workers, can hire twice as many for less money (no insurance, vacation etc. etc.). That is what a business would do, better hours for their "customors" and much cheaper... but of course, it's only our money they're wasting (well, more like our grandchildrens money at this point) so who cares.

You speak like a business man. It would be great for small business. I agree they need more incentives. I imagine the high number of unemployed shooting to above 25%, stagflation to hyperinflation. Still the overall budget wouldnt feel much. We cant pay this money back until Hell freezes over.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think your idea is a good one. Right along with Sundays being a day off for e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e That way, human beings can have an actual day where they might spend it with loved ones, hobbies, etc. This does good for the soul. I miss those days when I was a kid, Sunday was family get together day, sometimes church, then lounging around the house, actually destressing. No urges to roam the streets shopping for crap I don't really need, better off going to the beach, or a park. As far as your idea, I think that it makes perfect sense, and why do government jobs cater to the work ideal so many of us don't get to enjoy, myself included? I work every lousy weekend, its pretty bad when I call weekends lousy, well mine are at least, anyway. Yes, I am for hour changes at govt operated facilities to be more in line with actual taxpayer's work schedules. noon to 8 y'all

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

Decent idea, but most Americans don't work 8a-5p. Most Americans are doing shift work.

A better solution is for the government to quit providing services to industry for the sole purpose of keeping inflation down. The TSA is a fine example. Everyone wants more security on flights, but the airlines cannot afford to do it without big ticket price increases. The solution? Uncle Sam takes it over and passes the cost on to the taxpayer. Thus, ticket prices are kept low.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Here's an idea for a balanced budget. Deport all illegal aliens. Close all government agencies other than DOD. Force all new fedreal laws to be ratified by at least 40 states. Pay existing obligations on social security, up to the point of an individuals original investment compounded at 5 percent. Make participation voluntary. Develop homes for children who's parents are incapable of supporting them and have no worthy gardians. Place homeowners who voluntarily walk out on their mortgages in prison, until such time the see fit to at least attempt to fulfill their obligations. Leave all other functions of government to the individual states.
Eliminate medical lawsuits, and compensate only for actual physical damages, such as an inability to work due to an amputation. Allow all able bodied persons who rely on government cheese free one-way passage to the third world country of their choice, as we have no use for folks who won't pay their own way due to sloth.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

you know, i think that's a reasonable question

sometimes i wonder why alot of barber shops and hair salons are closed on sundays, i mean most people aren't going to take a day off work to cut their hair, that leaves two days per week to get a hair cut if you are pressed on time with your work schedule, so why would it be logical to reduce those two days, sat and sun, tojust one day, sat??? that is just a similiar thought i have had before that was brought up apon reading your original post

however, i think things like government offices and DMVs are different, for one it would be reasonable to call off a day or clock on to work a couple hours later than usual because you had to stop by the DMV, i mean our economy is based on us having cars and drivers licensing,

and as for government offices, well i would tend to beleive that although our government is very corrupt, the people that run the government should at least be given reasonable hours during the day so that it can be expected that they can accomplish as much as possible, i think most people do best working the 9 to 5 as far as desk jobs like that go and that is why government jobs have those hours and schedules

it's worth thinking about though
edit on 11/18/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

A perfect example is the DMV in most places its open from 0830 to about 1630.

And if you own a company that uses vehicles in daily operations? You assume those people are just sitting around several hours a day. In my state most of the functions of the DMV are handled by privately owned franchised companies. The official DMV has one or two outlets in the larger cities and the rest is handled by the private companies.

Deport all illegal aliens.

We do as we find them. To prevent them from working here we would need a computerized national ID system.

Pay existing obligations on social security, up to the point of an individuals original investment compounded at 5 percent. Make participation voluntary.

What happens to those who have an accident at 30 and truly cannot work? Sorry you are only going to get 15K. You should have saved more!
What 21 year old would voluntarily contribute to SS?

Leave all other functions of government to the individual states.

The military? The FAA? The EPA? Medicare?

Eliminate medical lawsuits, and compensate only for actual physical damages, such as an inability to work due to an amputation.

That’s exactly what medical lawsuits are for. I suspect you are unhappy about the amount of money paid out. What is the life of a mother of 2 grade school children worth?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here is my solution: privatize just about every federally operated agency. Disband the federal payroll. Let UPS and FedEx do our mail. There are private companies that could do airport security better than the TSA. Why the hell is there an IRS? Just set a consumption tax and be done with it. All those civilians in the Pentagon? Replace them with soldiers, who work for less money and could learn additional skills.

There are some functions that have to remain on the federal payroll. But do we need so many police agencies (DEA, ICE, FBI, ATF, Marshalls, ad nauseum) and Intelligence agencies? Hell, the CIA has proven they are so inept and unable to be trusted, it is beyond my comprehension how they are still around, and how so many have managed to stay out of prison.

Cut the payroll. Move in a consumption tax and abolish all other federal taxes. Stop all wars that do not fend off a homeland invasion or support a treaty with an allied nation. Balance the workforce so that there is a job for all skill sets, as not everyone is cut out to be a doctor. Have a judicial review of all laws on the books to remove redundancies and tyrannical laws like The Patriot Act.

If someone is to collect welfare or any other social service, some service must be provided in return. Feeding elderly, picking up trash, working an animal rescue. No free money given. Guaranteed the welfare rolls would drop, and things like simple customer service would imnprove. A little honest labor might improve our national character a little, who knows.

No, it will never be perfect. But we can at least make some meaningful movement with just some simple changes.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What america needs is 100million gang stalkers vying for gov handouts and following people around.

America needs innovation like that.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

If someone is to collect welfare or any other social service, some service must be provided in return. Feeding elderly, picking up trash, working an animal rescue. No free money given. Guaranteed the welfare rolls would drop, and things like simple customer service would imnprove. A little honest labor might improve our national character a little, who knows.

No, it will never be perfect. But we can at least make some meaningful movement with just some simple changes.

I agree with that completely. I had just heard the other day that England was starting something similar. if you want benefits you have to do at least 40 hrs a week of volunteer work. How money could this save the tax payers? you could downsize most government offices ad replace the over paid glorified secretaries with volunteers. With all the budget cuts going around that would be a near perfect solution.

As I live in Wv i see a lot of welfare abuse. I know of people who's families have been on welfare for generations.... never contributing never have a tax paying job... doing all there work under the table so they can keep there monthly check.

That why we need to change the welfare system. If you deny a job offer that offers reasonable pay they should loose there benefits. for no less than 5 years or be put in prison.

Also we need to start mandatory random drug testing for anyone receiving state or federal assistance. You would not believe the amount of people that will sit on welfare. having the state pay there power bill give the FREE phone service, pay for there childrens' food and clothing then set all day getting drunk or stoned off of money that I worked my butt off for and had to pay some of the highest taxes in the country on to support a lowlife.

Some one on state assistance should never have a nicer house and a brand new car while other people are struggling working 50 - 60 hr weeks just to keep going

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I suggest either of two things to cut out over $100BN annual costs to the USTreasury...
and both things have to do with the following line of thought...

China also owns a significant portion of US national debt. US Admiral Mike Mullen, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has recently declared that the national debt is the number one security threat. As Mullen stated, “Tax payers will be paying around $600 billion in interest on the national debt by 2012.”
www.pakalertpress.com...

what i would like pointed out and possibly researched is just how much 'interest' payment of the USA debt is being paid to the FEDERAL RESERVE?

No wonder they refuse to open their 'Book', its surmised that the FED created about $2.5Trillion to buy up most of the impared assets, AKA counterfeit paper, from the Dirty-Dozen/Primary-Dealer Banker Cartel
(which incidently owns all three branches of government and the media outlets)...
I would venture to say that the Treasuries the FED holds is accounted for in some slight-of-hand arrangement that does not point directly to the FED...and that $2.5Tn @ 4% would calculate to be near $100BN annual interest.

So my proposal is eithe do away with the FED Reserve all together

or

nullify all the interest on the bonds & treasury bills that the FED owns...it should be their 'Priviledge'
to act as a economic governor on the economy, and to be limited to determining interest rates only...

none of this managing & engineering inflation or bubbles as they have increasingly have done since
the JFK Assassination 47 years ago Today... RIP, to the last True Leader President we will ever have known
edit on 22-11-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join