It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is nibiru/planet x/nemesis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Over the last few years there had been alot of talk about this 12th planet nibiru approaching earth.. Most of what I read had been tying this to 2012.. Now we are nearly approaching that date, there is still no sign of this planet and most of the talk seems to have faded away...
Just thought I would throw this out there and see what peoples thoughts on the subject are...
Personally I think it's a load of bull, but that's just my opinion..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It's just a load of crap like 2012. Uh-oh the mayan calendar ends on 2012, that means we are all gonna die!

Uh-oh, my calendar ends on december 31st 2010! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END..

My apologies for my sarcasm, it's dwindled to that over-time after reading the other stuff that gets posted over the time. Good question by the way.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Over the last few years there had been alot of talk about this 12th planet nibiru approaching earth.. Most of what I read had been tying this to 2012.. Now we are nearly approaching that date, there is still no sign of this planet and most of the talk seems to have faded away...
Just thought I would throw this out there and see what peoples thoughts on the subject are...
Personally I think it's a load of bull, but that's just my opinion..

Well given the fact that its only visible from one of the four vatican owned infrared observatories, explains why no one can see it. Looking for signs of it elsewhere? They are everywhere if you pay attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

As a silver contributor I would expect you to elaborate for the thread starter.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

The human eye can only see things within the visible spectrum. For example, when you use your wifi connection, do you see zeros and ones flying through the air to your computer? The nature of a brown dwarf, specifically the returning planet x, does not allow for the average joe to see it. Although its mass has effected much in our solar system already including earth. One only needs to do a little research to figure out things are not right.
edit on 18-11-2010 by rajaten because: ok

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I agree, scientist know it's there... but could you imagine the ramifications of telling the public, "Oh by the way, a giant planet is heading toward Earth. 1/3 of you could be wiped out within a year due to flooding, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions." I don't think it is going to be the end of the world, per say. But, I do feel like it is going to be a terrible natural disaster. Look at what has been going on recently. Climate change, terrible flooding and earthquakes. All of which have been worse that ever.
edit on 18-11-2010 by WireFoXX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

The human eye can only see things within the visible spectrum. For example, when you use your wifi connection, do you see zeros and ones flying through the air to your computer? The nature of a brown dwarf, specifically the returning planet x, does not allow for the average joe to see it. Although its mass has effected much on the solar system and earth. One only needs to do a little research to figure out things are not right.

First of all, if Planet X were a brown dwarf approaching the solar system it would be visible to the human eye. It's radiation would be in the infra-red, but it would still reflect visible light. In any event, no infra-red telescope has detected one in the solar system. Secondly, it would affect the orbits of the other planets. No such effects are observed, You can prove this to yourself by getting an old ephemeris and seeing if the planets are currently in the predicted position. No "cover up" of astronomical phenomena is possible. All this has been explained countless times, yet people continue to allow themselves to be brainwashed.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

A brown dwarf still emits light. It is also true that amateur astronomers with the proper equipment have been able to identify brown dwarfs that are lightyears away. Also, no unexplained sources of gravity have entered the solar system. In order for a planet the size of Nibiru to be making its way into the solar system, it would have to be over 200 AUs away, which means it would have to travel about 100 AUs a year. We can further take this and say that at its farthest point it would be 360,000 AUs away, which makes it impossible for its orbit to remain stable at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Because everything in the universe is that easy to understand. Who's to say that we could see it? It is supposed to be as close as Neptune in 2011. Last time I looked at the sky I didn't see Neptune staring me down...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Well given the fact that its only visible from one of the four vatican owned infrared observatories, explains why no one can see it. Looking for signs of it elsewhere? They are everywhere if you pay attention.

ratajen, that is a very creative use of the word 'fact'.

IRM

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WireFoXX

Did you use a telescope? If you know where to look, you can see Neptune with a goos pair of binoculars. If Niburu or Planet X were real, the people who claim they have "researched" it should be able to predict where to look for it.
edit on 18-11-2010 by DJW001 because: Edit to expand statement.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
2008 Planet X Research. The Japanese believe to have found it, and to be honest... because NASA hasn't mentioned it doesn't tell me anything. They won't even acknowledge ET life at all despite all the evidence going the other way.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There *may* be a Nemesis star, that's not impossible (en.wikipedia.org...), but there is no Niburu. Any one with even a secondary school or high school education in basic Physics would understand why it's existence isn't possible.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Khayal because: Add link

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
we are presuming that this planet actually exists? what hard evidence is there? should i be watching zeitgeist? how could a planet not be visible that is within a close enough proximity that it can drastically effect the orbits of planets in our solar system? if the planet is real, how is it that we know about it if it's invisible?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Khayal

Why do you think there may be a nemesis star?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Khayal

You're right, because the Mayan's science of star calculations and mathematics seems to only be .10 off of research done by todays scientist... we've come so far... they must of been idiots

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Where are the signs? Climate change, extreme weather etc is not proof, that could be the result of a million different things.. Surely if it were I. Our solar system now, surely everyone on the planet would know about it by now... You just couldn't cover up something that big.. It would be all over the net..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I don't know if there is one or isn't, I just said it isn't impossible - if there were a nearby star (probably a brown or red dwarf) we probably have already detected but we do not yet realise how close it is yet as the distance between it and ourselves may not have been calculated as of this time.

See en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-11-2010 by Khayal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WireFoXX

I don't believe the Nibiru myth came from the Mayans. Their calendar simply switches to a new cycle in 2012 and people have taken that to mean the end of the world. It's called jumping the gun.

The idea of Nibiru came from ZetaTalk: en.wikipedia.org...

Also - off by 0.1 of what? That's pretty ambiguous.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Khayal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WireFoXX
reply to post by rajaten

I agree, scientist know it's there... but could you imagine the ramifications of telling the public, "Oh by the way, a giant planet is heading toward Earth. 1/3 of you could be wiped out within a year due to flooding, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions." I don't think it is going to be the end of the world, per say. But, I do feel like it is going to be a terrible natural disaster. Look at what has been going on recently. Climate change, terrible flooding and earthquakes. All of which have been worse that ever.

I see.. So this planet that is invisible, is somehow going to wipe out 1/3 of the population. But it's a secret because people would panic.

Just like the wireless internet connection is not breaking down my walls as it travels between my router and my laptop, I very much doubt this invisible planet is going to do anything.

Or do I have the basics all wrong. Seems people who know all about it, don't want to let on a great deal...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join