It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leo Tanguma and his weird paintings/sculptures.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
At first, Leo Tanguma is the man, who was also responsible for the Paintings of Denver International Airport.

Heres a link to the Thread which has those paintings.

I dont really agree with the theory of the OP in this Thread with some predictions or anything else. Im just struck with the weirdness of such paintings in a place like an airport. Why would you show death and a little girl in a coffin? Wouldnt make me really comfortable before a flight.

Now ive searched his site and found another weird painting by him.

Its called Passageway of Values :

What struck me where the closeup pictures.

On the first one :

Some things seem very odd. There is an american flag with a helmet on and has 3 Speakers going in each direction. On the left, there is a student with shackles on his eyes? looking to be listening. On the right side we have a man with a time stopper in his hand standing on a book called "education" and on the left there is a book standing which is called "Liberation"

The second one is also very very strange.

Here we have a graduate giving a younger student shackles? and a book. Again we have shackles in the picture. Next to them is a latino man with a red bandana and with an eagle on it. The eagle is very small but from the form its pretty much one that the Germans used.

Now what i find is the weirdest thing is the Mayan Calendar in this picture. What on earth would be your intentions to draw a mayan calendar when the goal of the Painting was

contain depictions of negative and positive values in the lives of young people

Especially the detail of the calendar is very good when you compare it to the original one.

As said, i dont want to draw any conclusions with some theories about it.

I find those pictures very strange, very negative IMO. And there are so many out of place things which is also very disturbing. Again the mayan calendar struck me as very odd.

What do you guys think?

edit on 18-11-2010 by TrueFalse because: Yeah well, instead of pressing preview ive pressed post

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueFalse

look deeper into the aztlan/mestico/laraza movement.. leo is a CHICANO artist..white guys aren't usually plentiful in his art..

those said movements are at the heart very violent.. they would love to round up the white guys like the nazi's did the jews..

yes, i know......blah blah.... racist... blah. blah......\

OR, could you (and i'm sure this is you) actually have a higher intellect than that and consider my thesis..

i went thru DIA 3 yrs ago and took pix, you must look into the capstone too.. that is what really lured me into the rabbitt hole.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Well ok but why would you put this up in a High School in Denver ?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Denver demographics of the under crowd are hugely hispanic.. that is the northern boundary of "their" desired territory.

what if TPTB are backing these groups for a mutual benefit.. kinda like in Rwanda!!! OMG!!! the USA is being done like rwanda,.. an outside groupd comes in, at first undercuts the locals labor [both by jobloss and pay wage decrease].. then becomes a political force,, OMG!! look at all the hispanics that started flooding the military and L.E. in after 1995!! just like Rwanda,, then the round up and slaughter just like Rwanda!!! which is SIMILAR to the artist's famous work... look at the faces ot the "oppressors" in the DIA [denver intl airport] murals along with the ones you present

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I believe I just aquired a Leo Tanguma rendition. I'll be casting a thread around it soon to see if ATS agrees.

top topics

join