It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, sentenced to life in jail for killing her rapist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
TPTB are sending out a message to child sex slaves: If you try to free yourself, the State will enslave you.

Basically, there is no escape.

And for those people who proclaim "She only has to call the police," I retort, you are woefully ignorant of how the system works. The pimp would have killed her immediately.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well in that case, why didn't the prosecutors go after the Man who threatened to kill the 16 year old girl AND her mother if the 16 year old girl didn't kill GG? This is pure insanity. The child was placed into a kill-or-be-killed scenario, so what was she supposed to do?

She wasn't just any 16 year old kid, she was a sex slave for 3 years, being raped repeatedly for 3 years of a VERY important part of child hood development: Adolescence.

How any twisted human being could think prosecuting HER, let alone the corrupted judge/jury who could think of convicting her IN THIS CONTEXT just goes to show how completely, how fundamentally flawed our "justice system" is.

So what happened to the Man who ordered her to murder? Did he get off scott free?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I'm not saying she wasn't a victim or that the pimp didn't deserve to die, just saying that the circumstances around the murder weren't simply a matter of self defense.

as to why the drug dealer and Kruzan's boyfriend weren't charged, not enough evidence.

unfortunately, the girl wasn't just the victim of the pimp, she also seemed to have been manipulated by her boyfriend and a drug dealer.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have lost all hope for the law system.

I am out of words. I am depressed because of what this little girl had to go through.

#.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
well, she could have gone to the police and reported her case. no reason to kill the man.

Yeah I lived in LaLa Land once myself, now I see how useless that would be.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
she had every right to kill him. He sounds like a scumbag who doesnt deserve the term "human being"

Only human beings deserve rights. A friend and I were stopped by victim outside her fathers place. We were there to beat him like he beat her. She was my girlfriend (and still remains extremely close "sister") at the time, and I could not take the monthly beatings. Her sister was raped repeatedly starting from 6

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Its like wild animals when they attack humans, What do we do? We kill the animal. Because if we let it keep taking humans it will just continue doing it. It will develop the taste for human blood and needs to be put down.

I view rapists and pimps who pedal young flesh, with the same as the wild animal with a youngster in its mouth.

Thieves are a close second

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

I would have done the same thing.... who cares one less piece a sh!t in the world, i feel sorry for that girl.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Right hes probably an informant! What a horrible injustice for the young girl who needs psychological help not prison!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Very sad, but let's keep something in mind... many people who end up becoming killers end up that way because they had been previously tortured in some way, if we pardoned all the killers who had been tortured in their past a lot of the terribly violent people in jail would be free.
edit on 18-11-2010 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
More info on the case

But prosecutors argued at trial that Howard no longer employed Kruzan at the time of the killing, and that a week earlier, she had moved into the Rubidoux home of one of Howard’s rivals — a drug dealer who put her up to robbing and shooting him.

On March 10, 1994, Kruzan agreed to go to the movies with the 36-year-old Howard and spend the night with him at the Dynasty Suites motel on Iowa Avenue. She packed a pistol.

“She seduced and she killed,” prosecutor Timothy Freer, now a Riverside Superior Court judge, told jurors.

Kruzan confessed to the slaying upon her arrest, four days after a maid found her purse left behind at the motel. But it was only when she testified at trial that she stated Howard’s rival had threatened her life if she didn’t shoot him, prosecutors said.

The district attorney’s office offered a plea deal that offered Kruzan possible parole but she refused, officials said then. Her defense attorney, David Gunn, also now a judge in Riverside, asked Hanks to consider a lesser sentence, citing her upbringing and life under a pimp.

It didn’t appear that anyone else, including any relatives, spoke in Kruzan’s support at her 1995 sentencing.

In imposing the maximum sentence recommend by the jury, the now-retired Hanks then said she showed “no inhibition with regard to her conduct when a pimp asked her to kill another pimp.”

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"Howard no longer employed Kruzan at the time of the killing, and that a week earlier, she had moved into the Rubidoux home of one of Howard’s rivals — a drug dealer who put her up to robbing and shooting him. "

Motive vs self-defense.

She had motive to kill him and that was not a act of self-defense (she was not working for him anymore). Aside her "abuse" past, looks like she killed on a contract with another "dealer".

It's not like she was still working for him and killed him to escape or "survive".

I think the judgement is fair, she should have accepted the deal (parole).
edit on 18-11-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
well, she could have gone to the police and reported her case. no reason to kill the man.

Everyone else on ats please excuse the language this is directed at the auther of the quote:

You are a piece of #### ....
The problem with the west these days is equal rights ##### like you who believe everyone should get a chance.......
where was this girls rights when she was being raped at thirteen,, do you think he let her go out and use the phone ? do you think she had a chance to say no? And while on the subject how many times do you think she said no?

Not everyone deserves to live especially rapist scum and the guy was a rapist a pimp and a peadophile so I only hope that his death was slow and painfull but sadly it wont have been painfull enough.. If you had a daughter and she was raped and forced to work in the sex trade for years when the man was brought to justice would you want him doing 10 years or would you want him dead..... though i suppose someone like you would be happy if he apologised and did some community service.

This girl had every reason to kill the man and he deserved to die.....
I only hope that one day this system that you love so much screws you one day like it has this poor girl

would like to add:
Apologies for going a bit over board here but that comment made me lose my temper in a second, im not apologising for what i said just in the manner that i said it , i am aware that here on ats we try to keep a level of decorum but i feel very strong about cases like this. I see thing like this in the news all the time and it breaks my heart at the state the world is in , ie the crimes that are commited and the way in which they are handled.
edit on 18-11-2010 by mackblack27 because: edited after i calmed down a bit

edit on 18-11-2010 by mackblack27 because: #####

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I hope they will experience alot of suffering in there lives.. That is just not good. I think u should have the right to kill someone like that or atleast cripple him. These things make me so mad.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackblack27
Not everyone deserves to live especially rapist scum and the guy was a rapist a pimp and a peadophile so I only hope that his death was slow and painfull but sadly it wont have been painfull enough..

Do we actually know any of this or we just taking the girls word for it? If I was a woman and wanted to get away with murder (and was willing to lie) the first thing from my mouth would be "he raped me and beat me." Might not get me off but typically just the accusation will result in a much more lenient sentence.

False rape accusations are very common and many innocent Men are rotting in jail because of them.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esger
She had motive to kill him and that was not a act of self-defense (she was not working for him anymore). Aside her "abuse" past, looks like she killed on a contract with another "dealer".

I agree and I'm sure that the fact a conspiracy to kill took place (apparently) weighed heavily on the jury decision. It's quite conspicuous that you don't see that angle in myriad posts on the Internet, in her defense.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

well if we want to sit and speculate then no we dont know if shes telling the truth, but that could also go for most crimes that get commited. But unfortunatley we cannot know, now if the girl is telling lies then fair enough but if she telling the truth then i stand by what i said.. regardless of this case injustice like this goes on all the time and that is what i have a problem with.....

And by your rational i suppose that the guy who raped and killed the two children in soham england could also be telling the truth.... can you apply your subjective logic to that a well?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

And by your rational i suppose that the guy who raped and killed the two children in soham england could also be telling the truth.... can you apply your subjective logic to that a well?

I'm not familiar with the case and I'm not sure what subjective logic of mine you're referring to?

My point was very simple - we don't know if her story is true, and stories similar to hers have been used before to get away with murder or to get a reduced sentence.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

the case im refering to is the soham murders by ian huntley who killed two 10 yr olld girls then tried to dispose of the bodies..... Now ian is in prison getting looked after and still denies his innocence.....

Ok as regards the thread maybe we dont know if shes telling the truth but what if she is??

Yeah there are a lot of false rape case out there but due to the high number of false rape cases there is also a large amount of real rape cases that go un reported and not dealt with because theres innsufficient proof. Many girls in certain situations feel like no one will believe them, and thats wrong , and maybe I shouldnt have jumped instantly to her defense but in the same token you are very quick to doubt it . As soon as drugs are involved the girl becomes just another junkie who used it as an excuse to kill a dealer.......

But i still stand by what i say ,, peadophiles do not deserve to live, its not a sickness its the way they are its not something that therapy can cure it would be like someone trying to cure your desires towards women/men whatever your orientation.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Ok as regards the thread maybe we dont know if shes telling the truth but what if she is??

I still agree with the sentence, unless she was insane (and it doesn't sound that way as the killing was apparently planned and pre-meditated). Like I said before, if killers could point toward past abuse, torture etc. etc. etc. and go free there would be many violent criminals on the streets.

It's kind of like your take on pedophiles... is it there fault they have this compulsion? Probably not, but we still can't just forgive their crimes and let them go free.

edit on 19-11-2010 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join