It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be possible that US Gov is looking for ancient weapons on mars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
With today's massive interest in Mars would it be possible that a war was fought on mars millions of years ago and findings on the moon and on earth be the reason for the curiosity in the red planet. Mars has always been asociated with the god of war not only in greek mythology but Native american, African and others. The findings of what appears to be ancient rivers and other strange findings be that maybe a ancient bunker of stored info weapons and or ships might be stored and the first country to get it plays finders keepers. As for findings on earth that i mentioned ancient Hindu texts speak of flying craft and wars fought with what in modern terms could be associated with small nuclear weapons and missles. What has me puzzled is that sodom and gamorra were
destroyed by a fire from the heavens according to the bible but also in india a city was discoverd that has radiation and corpses pressed into the ground evidence of massive pressure from above. Anyone with similar ides please fell free to comment.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Juan520

If we're lucky they'll find them and blow themselves up to smithereens while they are still on Mars of cuorse!.... but now none of our actual government goes on these missions, but one can hope!
edit on 18-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: for clarification

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Juan520

No Juan520, No!! There has to be less than this!!

The chances of finding weapons buried on mars, is a million to one... they said..
The chances of finding weapons buried on mars, is a million to one... but still you ask!!

Perhaps the invisible space unicorns are protecting mars from us earthlings. We'll never get those buried weapons now...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by Juan520

The chances of finding weapons buried on mars, is a million to one... they said..
The chances of finding weapons buried on mars, is a million to one... but still you ask!!

Perhaps the invisible space unicorns are protecting mars from us earthlings. We'll never get those buried weapons now...

Uh..."they" also used to say that the chances of finding life on Mars was not just a million to one, but impossible due to a myriad of environmental factors. Presently, "they" are re-evaluating "their" previous assessment. Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juan520
(snip)What has me puzzled is that sodom and gamorra were destroyed by a fire from the heavens according to the bible (snip)

And you accept the bible as a historical record of true events? Enough archaeological documentaries on TV have shown that Sodom and Gomorra, possibly other names and possibly other locations, were destroyed by natural cataclysmic events such as earthquakes.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

...but also in india a city was discoverd that has radiation and corpses pressed into the ground evidence of massive pressure from above.

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any link/sources for that story? I hadn't heard of that, and it sounds quite intriguing. Thanks.

I don't know if they're looking for weapons on Mars, but I have always wondered why our government is spending billions of dollars in space exploration each year, especially when our economy is doing so bad? The cold war, and "I can send a man on moon before you" days are long gone...what is keeping us interested in space enough for us to have trillions of dollars in debt, but keep spending on space exploration? There has to be something more than just the thrill of discovering a black hole in cosmic neighborhood and all, right?
So, I think, they are looking for something. Something specific. They have found something, which they are not willing to share with the public, of course. And they are looking for more...
Conspiracy theory, is all. But...makes me wonder, eh.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by Juan520

Uh..."they" also used to say that the chances of finding life on Mars was not just a million to one, but impossible due to a myriad of environmental factors. Presently, "they" are re-evaluating "their" previous assessment. Just sayin'.

Methinks he is making a joke referring to H.G Wells.

On topic, I personally believe there are ruins on mars but I doubt any tech survives, imho.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie

My goodness, if the war of the worlds song being massacred does not change your view, I guess we'll be digging up plasma blasters in the river bed of coogoon valles pretty soon..

I hope we find the 5'th element in time!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Shhhhhhhh........did you hear that? That was the sound of your posts going directly over my head. I have no idea what you are trying to say and I did assume that you were being serious (seriously naive) with your first post. The joke may be on me here, but you'd have to explain it to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

What isn't fascinating about space? It's a lot more thrilling than planet Earth, IMO. Anyway, yes I kind of beleive there is some kind of intel on something being out there, something valuable to be spending those trillions, I must concur!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What has me puzzled is that sodom and gamorra were
destroyed by a fire from the heavens according to the bible

"They" say it was a gusher of bitumen(petroleum) that shot into the skies after being squeezed out of the earth by an earthquake... then it ignited itself and rained fire on the two cities

The answer to the mystery is found in the Bible. “Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens” (Genesis 19:24). The only conceivable explanation for this unique discovery in the annals of archaeology is that burning debris fell on the buildings from the air. But how could such a thing happen? There is ample evidence of subterranean deposits of a petroleum-based substance called bitumen, similar to asphalt, in the region south of the Dead Sea. Such material normally contains a high percentage of sulfur. It has been postulated by geologist Frederick Clapp that pressure from an earthquake could have caused the bitumen deposits to be forced out of the earth through a fault line. As it gushed out of the earth it could have been ignited by a spark or surface fire. It would then fall to earth as a burning, fiery mass.

www.christiananswers.net...

Christians finding alternative answers to the word of God. Gotta love it

but also in india a city was discoverd that has radiation and corpses pressed into the ground evidence of massive pressure from above.

Ancient City Found In India
Irradiated By Nuclear Blast
8,000 Years Ago...

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built. For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945. The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Ancient Atomic Knowledge?
s8int.com...

As to the weapons stash on Mars... that is classified. Any questions related to that will be forwarded to the NGA to be dealt with. Tread carefully

NGA That's National Geospatial-Inteligence Agency
www1.nga.mil...

Just in case you thought I was joking

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

On September 11 Richard Hoagland and his Enterprise Mission flung a gauntlet squarely into NASA's face. The challenge was twofold. First, there was a morning protest on the traffic island directly opposite the main entrance to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena to demand NASA change its priorities and re-image Cydonia now! The second, held at the Pasadena Double Tree Hotel, was an eight-hour conference with evidence alleging that NASA has systematically censored and suppressed Pathfinder imagery to hide unambiguous evidence of a purported advanced, long-extinct Martian civilization. Additional charges were also made and evidence presented that NASA has been pursuing a hidden agenda on Mars, one allegedly involving weapons and the occult!

www.atlantisrising.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well it was just a idea but..... lets say that tommarow we all die in some horrible world wide nuke attack yes survivors will be here but eventually the radiation will kill them. Now in lets say a few million years or more some other space faring peoples find earth totaly desolate and barren and somehow find that a large deposits of somekind of non naturaly occuring substances are under the surface. They dig and find Fort Knox, fort Bragg, whatever bunkers are under the pentagon and a large supply of what was once weapons grade uranium. Now lets talk about the bible i am not a bible thumper but if you read between the lines why did the "angels" (operations) demoloition group in modern terms millitary team have two sneak into the city? Well if in these times we decided to nuke a small city a small group of special ops would asses the terrain and feedback to where the best place to either plant or drop a bomb.All i noticed is that it is very similar to a millitary operation and if i may, if life had existed on other planets and they had similar tech for the time as we do now or more advanced and they died off whatever precautions they had for tech would at least still be thiere in some shape or form. The ufos over the chinese airports and new york if they were ufo no one knows if they were are probobly aware of what a crude nuke in thiere eyes can do. If you give a chimp a gun you just dont know who he is going to shoot, maybe thats why they are here.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

(snip)What has me puzzled is that sodom and gamorra were destroyed by a fire from the heavens according to the bible (snip)

And you accept the bible as a historical record of true events? Enough archaeological documentaries on TV have shown that Sodom and Gomorra, possibly other names and possibly other locations, were destroyed by natural cataclysmic events such as earthquakes.

Just a theory but stranger things have happend the bible is a record of things that might have occured in some period but the main idea is that people saw something they did not understand and put a godly face on it.
In todays society science has explained certain things and we learn that its not magic its science. People take things for what they are written as and never have the imagination to say "what if" in time we will be saying to ourselves remember when we thought that moses parted the red sea but in reality was a distortion in the area.
all i'm stating is that people all over the world recorded strange things every race and peoples and now that all that religious hogwash is ending and people are saying well he saw a bright star but a helicopter at night looks like one too.. Free thought and no negative speak before its either disproved or proven.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well what about all the junk we put into space? we have sattelites capsules Ect, and its just floating out in space. If one day in the future some nuclear powerd sattelite from earth crash lands on some planet who has a atmosphere that would not burn it up landed in the middle of a "stone age" village somewhere.The primitive concept would be if they had a concept of a god is that it was given to them by a higher power. Eventually the verizon satellite(LOL) with a automated transmission if it lands to return it to so and so and gives instructions on handeling because of possible radiation. Now i read a similar story in some old book that the hebrews carried around a golden box that had the voice of god. ??? just saying crazy stuff can happen and eventually someone else out thiere is going to find our trash maybe we found some here on earth but no one wants to say because its to simple and possible that many people would never accept it because of years of not having free thought.
The mars rover is going to stay on mars, but what if we found one older from another race like ours all messed up and broken but had the evidence that someone was thiere would you or anyone with a need to know keep on looking.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

...but also in india a city was discoverd that has radiation and corpses pressed into the ground evidence of massive pressure from above.

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any link/sources for that story? I hadn't heard of that, and it sounds quite intriguing. Thanks.

Got no links or sources but he is talking about the Mahabharat War. I need to check it out before I have the right sources... again
But it is an intresting age.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

With today's massive interest in Mars would it be possible that a war was fought on mars millions of years ago and findings on the moon and on earth be the reason for the curiosity in the red planet.
Here's another theory: The interest in Mars is partly because it's one of our closest neighbors so it's easier to explore than the other planets, and it's rocky so we can stand on the surface, unlike the gas giants where that's not possible.

And of the other rocky inner planets, Mercury and Venus will cook explorers with high temperature.

So by process of elimination, Mars is about all that's left, planet wise, though there are a bunch of moons that could be explored.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to find ancient weapons there but I think the million to one odds another poster gave seem optimistic, it's probably less than that.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

What has me puzzled is that sodom and gamorra were
destroyed by a fire from the heavens according to the bible

"They" say it was a gusher of bitumen(petroleum) that shot into the skies

Interesting theory on sodom and gamorra, but regarding the radioactive city in India,

Ancient City Found In India
Irradiated By Nuclear Blast
8,000 Years Ago...

according to super moderator Byrd:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Byrd
No, it's not true.

Thought provoking post though.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

True anything is possible but also what if earth at one time was also a choice for a people that damaged thiere planet the reverse is possible too maybe they came here tbecause of the reasons you stated. Eventually we will go to mars and when we finnaly kill off this planet your absolutly right we could in a way terra form mars.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Petrolium in the ancient day's, could this have been the "map" or location in the 1930's when we started drilling in the middle east? Someone back then said, "Hey this things mentions bitumen" oil we need that so lets see if its true what was written about this. And years later its one of the leading producers of oil. All i'm saying is stuff written in old texts sometimes becomes valuable info for future generations they had no concept of oil refineries a couplethousand years ago but if anybody on here gets any ideas or info on any "wierd"stories involving stuff like this post it i'd love to here it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join