It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek Church takes on 'antichrist' in ID card row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Greek Church takes on 'antichrist' in ID card row

www.breitbart.com

Senior clerics in Greece have told the state in no uncertain terms that vigilance is required to prevent the antichrist from making a manifestation on new ID cards to be issued next year.

The authorities must ensure that the cards contain no mention of the number 666, which in Greek Orthodox tradition is associated with the antichrist, the Church of Greece said in a statement.

"In no way should the 'citizen card' contain the number 666, either in visible or invisible manner," the Holy Synod
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-11-2010 by R_Clark because: editing header grammar

edit on 17-11-2010 by R_Clark because: again... Header grammar

edit on 17-11-2010 by R_Clark because: again... header grammar problems

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 11/17/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wow... A church putting up a fight against the evil cabal.. We are seeing a global turn around in people wanting their rights and fighting against, Evil, the Cabal, NWO, Globalism, and now the Antichrist... We really may be seeing a mass enlightenment. Awaken sheeple... Awaken...

It would be good if the other churches kick out the unsavory scum and wake up too..

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What about license plates, house/street numbers, bar-codes, ticket numbers, passwords, and whatnot...

Can the Antichrist be stopped simply by not allowing 666 to be manifested in citizen cards?

And if yes...wouldn't that prove the Bible wrong? So...isn't the Church working against the Bible then...?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Didn't seem to me like they were putting up a fight. They'll get their I.D.'s...It just won't have the number 666 on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BluePillOrRedPill

Why stop the antichrist from showing up? I thought these guys were aching for good old AC to come pave the way for JC. hahahaha.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

This is what they're concerned about:

The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

From Revelation 13, source: Bible Gateway. "license plates, house/street numbers, bar-codes, ticket numbers, passwords, and whatnot" can not be used to regulate buying and selling, and 'all people' are not forced to use these things. A mandatory national ID card could be used to regulate buying and selling and will be forced on all people, which is why they're concerned about this in particular.

Not that I agree, just explaining where they're coming from.
edit on 17-11-2010 by TheStev because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You do make a point there. The longer we wait for the antichrist, the longer we have to wait for Jesus' return.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I always thought the mark would be a tattoo or a chip with which you make financial transactions with.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill
You do make a point there. The longer we wait for the antichrist, the longer we have to wait for Jesus' return.

What if "Jesus" is the antichrist?

Maybe people have been tricked?

Many have already been tricked into thinking "christ" means "Jesus"...

Christ - wiki

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
reply to post by Arrius

This is what they're concerned about:

The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

From Revelation 13, source: Bible Gateway. "license plates, house/street numbers, bar-codes, ticket numbers, passwords, and whatnot" can not be used to regulate buying and selling, and 'all people' are not forced to use these things. A mandatory national ID card could be used to regulate buying and selling and will be forced on all people, which is why they're concerned about this in particular.

Not that I agree, just explaining where they're coming from.
edit on 17-11-2010 by TheStev because: (no reason given)

Excellent point. Does put things into perspective for me.

Can I ask something related to this:

It asks the person who has insight to calculate the number of the beast....and then directly gives the number as 666, too?
Is it possible that 666 is not the number of the Antichrist, but just a hint for a person with the right insight to further calculate that satanic number?
Just a thought. I find it weird that they'd ask you to calculate a number, and then publish it, too. Especially if you consider the Bible more (though not completely) symbolic than literal, as I do.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Maybe people have been tricked?

Horus is an Owl... not an Eagle... Nice try on that trick

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

In my experience "numerologists" can turn just about anything into the number 666 if they try hard enough

1+5=6
12/2=6
283897 contains 6 digits

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Horus has been deplicted as an owl, as an eagle, as an eye (as he lost an eye) & a man with an falcons head.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...-ur

www.egyptianmyths.net...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
...just out of curiosity, why is everyone assuming 666 is the "mark of the beast"? I've never known that as the mark when I studied the occult. Maybe 666 is the mark of false idols, since that's what people keep looking for in every conceivable way.

And what's so bad with the anti-Christ anyway? Afraid of change? Because we are all headed nowhere quite fast. The world needs a hero. The cosmos needs humanity; we would be exploring it when somebody has the balls to stand up and unite the ENTIRE world for a common purpose.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The problem is the people who wrote the new testament believed He was the Christ. Even the person who wrote the book of revelation though Jesus was the Christ. So how can he be the antichrist, if the people who wrote the new testament though He was the Christ.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I always equate the presence of 666 with the Babylonian math system, which was based on 6 digit value.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I always thought 6 1 6 was the real mark of the beast - I dont know where I read that though.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I always thought 6 1 6 was the real mark of the beast - I dont know where I read that though.

2nd line

I'm not talking about numbers, period. 666 or 616 seem to be some common misinterpretation in my opinion. Seriously, why would the mark of the beast be a number when it is probably something of a real alchemic value.

top topics

join