It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge bubbles found at heart of our galaxy!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Huge bubbles found at heart of our galaxy!!

ca.news.yahoo.com

Scientists have detected two gigantic bubbles of high-energy radiation spilling out from the Milky Way's center that may have erupted from a supermassive black hole.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Wild stuff!

I wonder how large they are expanding... and at what rate!??

Radiation from super nova's and our very own sun breaking the earths defensive barrier has always been what I believe would end the earth as we know... if the bible doesn't hold true. lol.

Hold on!!
edit on 17-11-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ATS has an unofficial policy to allow two threads on the same topic if one of the threads is in its' topical forum and the other thread is in the Breaking Alternative News forum.

Please carry on.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

On the Fermi article they say the objects may be millions of year old, however we just now are able to detect it. So, it's not like it expanded 50,000 light-years recently.

www.nasa.gov...

The structure spans more than half of the visible sky, from the constellation Virgo to the constellation Grus, and it may be millions of years old.

edit on 17-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

"Huge" and "gigantic" are really understatements of just how enormous these structures are. The article states that they may be several million years old. I really doubt this taking into the account that the galaxy itself is more than several billion years old.

It's my belief that these structures formed in the early stage of the galaxy. It may be possible that this is the normal structure of all spiral galaxies.

I'm still at a loss for words for its near perfect symmetry and distinct boundaries. Quite amazing to say the least.

I thought this was big news so a flag and a star to the OP.

edit on 18/11/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join