It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About catchy laws and law makers: Gun owners and would-be gun owners,

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by joeshsamp

First of all, I sleep upstairs. Second floor. So I got more time than you, if you are on a first floor and someone break right on in.

Nice try.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

And yes, they can drop, if you carry wrong and it slips. But it's called a holster. Sometimes i use one aand sometimes i dont, If it starts to slip i always sense it and readjust. If you look into the mechanics of a gun you will see that it "going off " by itself is pretty much none existant.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Do you not read? i said i would hear the STEPS creaking. That would lead one to believe that i sleep on the second floor, which i do. Seriously your thread is STUPID ( your word) and contributes nothing. Nice try.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How do I know you are not meaning steps to the front door? Porches have steps. Well we know now I guess.

But what are you doing with steps that make noises? Get that fixed.
Or else you might fall down into the first floor.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsameXoneXotherX
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Wait a sec. If you are surviving and hunting food you can get your arrows back out the kill. A gun with bullets? You cant get back them bullets once they have been shot.

Arrows break, and dont always make the kill meaning they can get dragged off. Long term, supply dwindles.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsameXoneXotherX
reply to post by Fool-Proof

Why would a sharp shooter get into it with me?

Why go for deer if you're a hunter? Why not go for a bear? They will aproach you, you know? Which means with a bow and arrow you'll have more game meat to sell. Hunting bear will make you a man VS hunting deer. And you're more a man with a bow and arrow than with a stupid gun.

Probably at least half of the guns in American are not registered to anybody. To buy and equipt a compound bow today cost you as much as a decent, used and unregistered pump shotgun.

BTW: Ask the Indians how well they turned out with their bows.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Just the nature of the beast. All wood steps will creak eventually even if the house is fairly new.
Seriously how old are you? Cuz you have the mentality of a 15 yr old virgin. Seriously i think you need to get some tail and not from your bow either. Your obbsesing over your bow, it's a little weird Chief.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

100 bucks and my left nut say he is a teenager recently watched Rambo.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

good one ALIEN...this person needs to stop taking.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'll see the 100 and raise you another 100. He should worry about loosing his V card instead of shooting someone with is bow.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
What about penetration and kenetic energy? If your arrow finds it's mark it will penetrate "some" body armor and some heavy clothing depending on the power of your bow and the tip of your arrow. If a vital organ is not struck, there is not enough kenetic energy to knock your opponent down. However, a gun, of almost any caliber will do tremendous tissue damage. Any caliber from .32 or .38 will most likely cause your opponent to go to the ground. Almost with out a doubt any caliber over .40 will put an opponent down.

I agree with everything in this post, except what I quoted above.. Most bullets are incapable of physically "knocking" someone down. The mass of a bullet, vs. the speed, vs. the surface area of the point of impact isn't enough force, unless you're firing hollow-points, or VERY large calibre slugs.

Also, a high-quality, SHARP arrowhead (think stone-age, obsidian) will absolutely penetrate any type of body armor, other than plate.

Other than that, I agree that a gun is better for defense.
Also, a bow is very cumbersome for close-quarters, indoor combat. You're much better off with a sword or a machete if silence is your goal.

I prefer a .44 magnum.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Hand gun caliber ammo is underpowered on most accounts, unless you got a .44 mag or 500 magnum or maybe even a .50 ae. But any gun that fires ammo like that is large and not ideal for conceal carry but great for home defense. Shotguns has been argued to be the best in homedefense. A little to big cumbersome for me. Shot ammo is produced for pistol calibers and has great knockdown power. Personally i use hollow point in my conceal carry and home defense. It's easier to fire off ten round then it is to shoot two arrows. Gun it will always be for me. Not saying i will never own bow, but i would only use it for sport.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OK, here is a scenero...

You shoot somebody in self-defense with a gun you own that you have a conceal to carry license/permit for...

Don't you know in the states by far you have to go to court with your self-defense claim? In the mean while, do you think they'll let you KEEP your gun since you have a case pending on whether or not it was even self-defense? That can mean in the mean time, if all it was was one gun, that you HAVE BEEN STRIPPED of your choice of weapon. This means you are then easy prey by who might break in or who might car jack you or who might rob you right when you come out the store (or bank).

One gun is laughable. If you will go with guns, then I suggest you have more than one. But they cost a lot. So the better weapon to fall back on then is guest what? What is at a decent price. A bow and some arrows. I always got more than one weapon of choice I can get to in many ways.

Since in my state you still got to go through a court of law in even matters of self-defense, you best know I know the weapon used has to be turned over till I am seen not guilty by reasons of self-defense. In other words, if any of you that have not made your mind up yet, on whether or not to get a gun, then you best buy at least two of what will not cost as much as that one gun you prolly been thinking on getting. That means it is best you get two bows and some arrows for home protection. And even for hunting, since arrow get backs are great. There is no bullet to get back once it is fired.

In a survival situation, like on "the walking dead", you need to be able to reload. You're best chance at doing so is with a bow and some arrows. Plus, you dont want to draw attention in certain survival situations. A gun will ring and maybe even bust your EAR DRUMS.

Listening to Fred Bear by Ted Nugent right now. It came on by random play. Cool! Lets go hunting, baby!

Plus, you shot a gang member in self-defense, then get your gun taken till case pending on self-defense has the final say,...what you gonna do then if and when that gang member's buddies come for you because you shot and killed their main homie? Uh-huh, to any of you which got only one gun.

edit on 17-11-2010 by XsameXoneXotherX because: Added.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Well, I'm dropping out of this thread basically because the OP has absolutely no idea of which he speaks. I have no problem with your reply. I will add that I have seen a man killed with a .22. It enters the body and bounces around like a superball. For example; one round entered his side and exited his nut sack (ouch). Once most people are shot the body collapses because of the trauma, not just the kenetic energy. Most modern body armour has kevlar flexible sheets now and they will stop a sharp arrow. Perhaps not one fired by a crossbow, I'd have to research that. I familiar with the theroies that the sharp tip of an arrow or knife can separate the fabric in body armor but that is an old issue and I'm sure that it has been corrected in most modern body armor.
Anyway, the OP seems to be a kid and I can't believe I got caught up in the thread.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What about the trigger locks required by law to have on all firearms in household?

In my state only required in homes with kids.

Guns going off when dropped ?? does not happen with a 1911 .45. as the drop would have to take the safety off (down)and depress the grip safety (forward) at the same time as the trigger got depressed (backward). three different directions of force would have to take place at the same time.
you'll have a better chance winning the lotto than making your firearm discharge from an accidental drop.
forums.1911forum.com...

One might discharge if you get it to close to a MRI machine.
www.ajronline.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Claims, but no proof that I know not anything on guns, laws, law makers, bows and arrows.

Good luck trying to prove anything against the OP or any post I posted in this thread. Good luck to all that cop out, too. Good luck to any which made no come back over anything I said but resorted to other petty direction.

Remember, guns are stupid. Bow and arrows are intelligent.

Say no to guns. And you all which purchased guns, don't get upset just because you see how stupid buying a gun actually is because of all them laws law makers got over gun ownership and gun shots. Did you all know, that it is illegal to fire a firearm in a building? But there is no illegal B.S. on launching an arrow in a building. Funny how I got the final word of much merit over anything many of you said.

So you guys that claim to know laws... Hahaha.

ADD:

And do know that gun laws change. So if your state is not tough with strict gun laws right now, what makes you think it'll stay that way? Far as I'm concerned, EVERY state is held captive each time politians vote on bills/laws to pass. They sure keep you on your seat after you paid all that money for a good gun. But with a Bow and Arrow, no politian can KEEP you on the egde of your seat with any bills/laws that may or may not pass. Keep this FACT in mind.

I'll NEVER buy any ITEM that will make me be held CAPTIVE by what B.S. law makers THEN WANNA SAY GOES HENCE.
edit on 17-11-2010 by XsameXoneXotherX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

most states you need a handgun license to legally own a crossbow

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fool-Proof

You also can shoot a deer or whatever else at over 300 yards. Stupid useless guns. Would you trust your bow against an experienced sharpshooter?

That didn't take much.

I say, if they are armed, i have
every right to be as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Right on, I agree 100% with that. And I'm not sure about modern armor, but I do know that a well-made obsidian arrowhead can cut through just about anything as far as fiberous materials are concerned. Obsidian is literally the sharpest blade known to man.

I was just being nitpicky about the choice of words "knocked down"

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Obvious troll is obvious.
He's high on his own ego.

Have you ever heard of a silencer?
Most of my friends own more than one gun. Guns don't seem to be too expensive to prevent me or anyone I know from collecting them.
If you handled that arrow before you fired it and didn't retrieve it then it would have finger prints. I load all my brass and magazines while wearing gloves.
As for bows and arrows, they have their place sometimes as well guns have their ideal situation.

"Oh no there's a boy with a bow and arrow walking towards me, and all I have is my modified glock 17 I got real cheap second hand"
edit on 18-11-2010 by beholdblight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join