It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Report: 70% Chance Disease Will Escape Proposed Biodefense Laboratory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

DHS Report: 70% Chance Disease Will Escape Proposed Biodefense Laboratory

MODS - please place under correct forum if needed.

______beforeitsnews/story/268/765/DHS_Report:_70_Chance_Disease_Will_Escape_Proposed_Biodefense_Laboratory.html

WASHINGTON -- An expert panel said yesterday the U.S. Homeland Security Department has not adequately gauged the potential risks associated with a proposed multimillion-dollar infectious-disease research laboratory in Kansas (see GSN, May 20 ).

There are "several major shortcomings" in a department risk assessment of its planned National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility near Manhattan, Kansas, according to a report by the National Research Council, an arm of the National Academy of Sciences. The proposed site is roughly 120 miles west of Kansas City.

The DHS assessment, which wrapped up in June, found that there is a nearly 70 percent chance a disease would escape the laboratory during its planned 50-year operational lifespan. The earlier report estimated the economic losses from a postulated foot-and-mouth disease outbreak at $9 billion to $50 billion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Great, now we are getting a WMD in the middle of the USA just one state away from me!
Continue reading below to see that this is nothing but a lose/lose plan. The DHS report states that this area does not have the capacity to handle an outbreak as well.

The earlier evaluation was also criticized for inadequately accounting for the planned facility's proximity to Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine clinics, where large numbers of sick animals are treated, as well as the university's football stadium, which has a capacity over 55,000. The large animal and human populations at those sites would be potentially susceptible to infections with a zoonotic agent, the report states. About 9.5 percent of the entire U.S. cattle inventory is raised within 200 miles of the Manhattan site.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The USA PTB might as well just nuke us all and get this over with.

Obama, if you are reading this what is your reply?

edit on 17-11-2010 by Sanity Lost because: Editing is Fun

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Link One.

Link Two.

For the Infowars Crowd.

Moving this from Plum Island is insanity. I wonder what vote this bought from which Congressperson?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
roberts.senate.gov... 5-aa94-0a98973de620&Group_id=d8ddb455-1e23-48dd-addd-949f9b6a4c1f

We are confident this facility will be the safest research laboratory in the world and its mission is critical in order to protect our nation’s food supply.”

The statement was released by U.S. Senators Pat Roberts and Sam Brownback, Representatives Lynn Jenkins, Jerry Moran, Dennis Moore and Todd Tiahrt.

My feeling is these are some of the officals pocketing some dollars from the deal

edit on 17-11-2010 by Sanity Lost because: only one cup of coffee so far.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

That explains it. Those would be the suspects from Kansas.

Perhaps it should be built right next to their families and homes.

If a Terrorist can become an MD in the US and walk into a military base and open fire, how hard could it be for somebody to take advantage of this and cause an accident. Not hard at all I imagine.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Interesting...

Do you know what the impact of an outbreak of, lets say, 'Foot & Mouth' disease in cattle would be to our economy? If bad enough, it would effect all the way from our local grocery stores down to wall street.

Because Kansas is a central hub and one of the areas where our meat comes from. I know vegetarians really wouldn't mind, lol.

And in K.C. they just opened up the new 'Nuclear parts manufacturing' building as well (National Nuclear Security Administration plant) contracted through Honeywell. Some protesters were hauled away in vans w/ limo tinted windows. I can probably find the clip, it was creepy...
K.C.nuke parts plant

**Recap** Biodefense lab (formerly plum island) & Nuclear parts manufacturing.... All located within the same state. Kansas isn't what it used to be, toto...

I recently learned about something called 'Agro-Terrorism'. Here I'll post a YT clip to explain it.

edit on 17-11-2010 by JWash because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by JWash because: to add toto.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sounds like the place is being perfectly situated to cause maximum damage.

It's almost as if it were part of some nefarious plan.
Hmmmm.

top topics

join