It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman

The US will not kneel to China or any Nation.

It must have slipped your notice that Obama just went round the world with a begging bowl, on bended knee, pleading for more money. The world said no.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by peter_kandra

You can NEVER give up your right's. PERIOD

I find it disheartening to see people pretend to be American patriots yet completely fail to understand what a right is.

So you're saying you should retain those rights regardless of treason? I guess you oppose capital punishment and abortion too. How do you propose dealing with extremists groups whose sole mission is killing? While I'm neither a war monger nor a pacifist, I believe reality is somewhere in between.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
So a member (whom shall remain nameless) creates a thread apologizing to an oppressive, tyrannical, totalitarian, mass murdering, dictatorial nation on behalf of a country and a people who love, defend, and celebrate liberty. No sir we darn sure do not apologize to China!

...The USA is a special nation for us always upholding our liberty, constitution, and freedom. People from across the world and even some here do not understand why Americans are so different. With ever adversity we are faced with we respond with force that is rooted in justice and backed by moral courage.

...Sorry to anyone who thinks we need to apologize to bloodthirsty dictators you don’t apologize for me, you don’t speak for me, you do not represent me or this great nation, and you have no representative voice of us Americans.

Wow, talk about hollow words! Your rant has NO foundation in truth, IMO.

If you are going to attenpt to defend this nation, you are going to need to at least be honest. This country is a "basket case" as are most nations throughout this world. For instance you say, "The USA is a special nation for us always upholding our liberty, constitution, and freedom." Huh? Have you examined this nation's history in, Oh say the last ten years?

The OP states of China, "...you have no representative voice of us Americans." Might I point out China OWNES this country. Our corrupt leaders have financed the false economic prosperity of the last 10-15 years by selling our worthless debt to China. We are owned (enslaved) by whomever we are in debt to.

I guess the OP feels if you pound your chest and make declarations that are simply untrue, nobody will notice.

Sorry, I noticed..
edit on 18-11-2010 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
American's talking about freedom? That's a good one. The country that allowed pearl harbor, 9/11 etc etc is the land of the free? the country that entered iraq afghanistan and other countries to find weapons of "mass destruction" and they keep staying there even if there are no nukes whatsoever?

That land you say is the one that wont kneel? At least chinese have the courage to say "yea we are almost a dictatorship". the irony with america is that they act so righteous when they do equally terrible things...

Spare me...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Well, well - it didn't take long for posters to attempt to change the topic and focus to the US, now did it?
Typical.... Just once I'd love to see an attempt made to focus on the points of the opening post (geez, at least in the first few pages of a thread) before getting to the games so many love to play.

So, are you actually asking people to answer rhetorical questions? It's not going to happen. You're not going to get people in here defending oppression, whether at the hands of the Chinese government or any other government. However, you are going to a get a response when people attempt to paint the US as perfect in every way. You are going to get people rightfully calling you a hypocrite for attacking oppression in China while we engage in unprovoked wars, torture, illegal wiretapping, and self-imposed censorship in the mass media. Persecution of Tibetans? Someone could say the same about a few million dead Native Americans and gunned-down civil rights workers in the south.

You might as well set up a thread called, "The holocaust was terrible" or "Child Killer is bad person." You can then complain that people aren't defending the Nazis or child murderers.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

You say that, although your country regularly gets down on both knees for Isreal

2nd

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If I was a ruler, I would be so happy is the whole country was made of people like you.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by Connman

You say that, although your country regularly gets down on both knees for Isreal

2nd

gets down on both knees and opens its mouth!

and keep coming back for more

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

" I will not apologize to China for one thing that the United States of America does. We have made mistakes in our path such as torture, suppression of equal rights, placed ethnic groups in camps, and torture terrorists. We are not and never have been a perfect nation but what has made the USA so special is that we find an answer to all of these crimes and we solve them without mass violence or martial law or following some leader to our deaths."

The USA is a special nation for us always upholding our liberty, constitution, and freedom. People from across the world and even some here do not understand why Americans are so different. With ever adversity we are faced with we respond with force that is rooted in justice and backed by moral courage.

The United States is great and it does not need a president running around the globe bowing to murderous kings and apologizing to tyrants. We don’t need supposed Americans to create threads apologizing to a dictatorship and pleading to not harm us. If China wants to challenge us it will be M.A.D. and they know it.

Sorry to anyone who thinks we need to apologize to bloodthirsty dictators you don’t apologize for me, you don’t speak for me, you do not represent me or this great nation, and you have no representative voice of us Americans.

The USA has given China little to no reason to bomb us. Besides if they bomb us we will nuke them. Quit apologizing for America’s greatness you tyrant sympathizers!

Do you hear this China? We Americans have better things to worry about then what you think. I could list several things more important like making sure I don’t miss House, or getting some milk at the grocery tonight, or preparing for Thanksgiving. I know a celebration of values, peace, and family is beside you lot but in America morality is important and China is not.

Go ahead and call me ignorant, sure I may not have said everything in the best possible way but I am sick and tired of this constant apology from people like Obama and the other anti-Americans.
edit on 11/17/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

What is it that makes the U.S. is so special? It is for your double standard politics towards the world, or rather, against countries that could be possible threats to the U.S. .. because of economic and political reasons.
My question is and always has been and probably always will be that is why the U.S. always been interested in China and their policies. There are many African countries in need of democratic governance in the parliament more than ever. Yet we don't see much about it in the media or not even the U.S. goverment play a big role in it. Can you tell me why?!
I will not mention anything about what is going on in the Middle East because it will sound like the same old story and there is enough about it on ATS already.

One thing i have been realizing for a long time now that those who do not want to see the truth, those who do not want to open their eyes and those who want to continue to think ignorantly and believe in almost everything is being said in the media or by the state, they can not change their mind so easily. You need to do some serious research from the beginning, not from year 1991, but you need to go far back.

Hell, who has the time with stuff today, right? PPl like you are too busy with the PS3, or MTV, getting laid etc. etc. But every now and then, when ppl like you want to play smart, you just pop up on ATS, and mention something stupid and then you feel proud of yourselves. It is so pitty mate!

Cheers,
Anjan

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, i'm gonna abstain from voting on this one...Allthough a well documented thread. Neither USA or China have ever done me any harm, reguardless of what their own political situation is.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OP I think in your life time you will see something awful happen from China against the USA. But hey at least you told them what's what ay.

America has small man syndrome, Puffs its little chest out similar to the man in the video who stood up to the tank...you know the one...that guy who nobody heard from again and nobody knows his name.

why would you take something nice and harmless like an apology away, its just a tiny tiny kind hearted act. Even your president bowed to the saudi king maybe you should make a thread and officially take that back as well, because you think it shows weakness an that's basically what this is about. All you have done is confirm to the rest of the world how most Americans think

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

But one thing I don't understand: if America is so horrible, then why are thousands of people trying so desperately to come here every single day?? Doesn't make sense that so many people would want to come live in such an evil place...

The desperate ones are escaping far worse atrocities in their own country. Eg: Mexicans. If you were a Mexican would you either:

1. Stay in your own country where thousands are being murdered openly on the streets on a daily basis, corruption is rife throughout the government and armed forces and nobody, literally NOBODY feels safe there any more...

OR

2. Flee to the closest country you had access to.

Hmmmmm?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by SaturnFX

China is not asking for an apology! God! one person makes a thread about it, and everyone gets it into their head that China wants an apology. Really! what does that tell you?

Its a counterpoint to that thread. stop being a child...dont like a debate, dont participate..pretty simple.

What does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I do NOT agree with any of this . china may be bad but who is good in a world of dept

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I dont get the point of this post......so many other times, you have posted the EXACT opposite of the ideals in this post.......

MODs may find this irrelevant, but its not, what is your aim of this post? Is it a sociological experiment? What?

You are a very very liberal person and ive talked to you personally a few times........

I dont understand this post.....why?

Because my view is, YES the US has done things wrong sometimes, YES we are guilty of not being responsible sometimes when we shoudl be ...

But also YES we are #1 in the world with foreign aid
YES we are the top when it comes to policing issues we should walk away from
YES there are times when we should just mind our own.....

But this post comes across as more of a farce to me.........

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think the most amusing part of this thread is that it actually isn't some pro america we are the best thread...there is only one small paragraph giving a nod to how we are good..a longer paragraph right before explaining how we are not perfect, and the rest basically saying we have no need or reason to feel sorry about ourself in the face of china considering china is hardly utopia.

of course the rabid america haters have to chime in to shake their fist at moriarty...not that they actually hate america...they are programmed by their respected governments or other governments to find a scape goat.

like the poor sauds whom think somehow its america's fault that their king wont share the oil wealth with the people...great distraction.

again, the best thing for all sides to do is simply to go into pre-40s isolationism mode. trade and tourism with the rest of the world and nothing else...

I personally would say the "best" place on earth would be holland or denmark. Germany is impressing me alot...I used to freaking love the UK, but its become a bit dumb lately with the proposed widespread censorship considerations (and their pr0n sucks...which is not as a juvenile point as you think..you can actually judge a countries desire to legislate morality by their pr0n..next will be violence, vulgarity, and eventually political dissidence. I am a staunch liberal, but I am very opposed to any sort of nanny state. help the poor, not raise the children).

Is America the best place on earth? hell no...I have been around and seen better on any one area or another elsewhere...America is however popular and the beauty of it is simple...its a melting pot of cultures...anyone from any part of the world can find a large thriving community of their homeland, if not damn near a whole state that encompasses their culture.

Also our gaming entertainment media simply rules...in the CG entertainment industry, I am totally pro-proud american...we got kickin games!

(however Japan is a close second...damn you japan! -shakes fist)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by williamAmerican

I do NOT agree with any of this . china may be bad but who is good in a world of dept

Switzerland

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

China is not asking for an apology! God! one person makes a thread about it, and everyone gets it into their head that China wants an apology. Really! what does that tell you?

Its a counterpoint to that thread. stop being a child...dont like a debate, dont participate..pretty simple.

What does that tell you?

It tells me you don't even consider your own blabbering. You say, "...dont like a debate, dont participate". Huh? What is a debate? How can you have a one-sided debate, for God's sake???!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Misoir

You are a very very liberal person and ive talked to you personally a few times........

I dont understand this post.....why?

Being liberal does not mean you must be ashamed of the country your in...it means you want to stand up and make it the best...

I would venture to say a liberal considers their love for their own countries potential greater than the other side...no matter what country it is. a liberal wants to bring all citizens up from the ground and get everyone working together to further peace and personal liberties...

of course, my opinion and 2 bucks will get a cup of coffee...still the "you are liberal, therefore you must be anti-nation" argument is absolutely false to the point of laughable.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by SaturnFX

What does that tell you?

It tells me you don't even consider your own blabbering. You say, "...dont like a debate, dont participate". Huh? What is a debate? How can you have a one-sided debate, for God's sake???!

Read the past 7 pages to understand the debate going on.

and make sure to put more laughy smiley faces...it makes your post seem far more clever.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join