It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical American

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
America really shouldn't have THIS guy ,

as a poster boy ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1aca1c8c2cdc.jpg[/atsimg]

He looks like a total redneck,psycho,long term meth abuser

... and you guys stand right behind him ????????????????

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by delicatessen

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Typical American:

Watches American Idol
Eats fast food
Watches Glenn Beck and the rest of the Fox News circus
Votes Republican
Owns a gun
Drinks beer at the dinner table.

Thankfully I'm not typical.

i`d say you are typically pretentious and way far off the mark.

I think not...I'd like to think of myself as a non typical America...I'm not a fan of reality TV, fast food or propaganda (Fox News). So, no, not a typical American.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

outsiders? what is this a village after a nuclear holocaust that hasnt seen other people in 30 years? outsiders? come on.

I am canadian, and there are stereotypes for us to, example many (not all) believe that us canadians have snow all year round, and we live in igloos and have pet pengiuns, i havnt seen snow since may (late winter) i have never been in or even seen an igloo nor have i ever seen a pengiun..execpt the zoo (biodome)

Not every american if a fat lardo that eats mcdonals every morning, nor are they southerners with guns hating blacks, but it is true that stereotypes are based on some level as true, because yes in canada some people do see snow all year round live in igloos with thier pet pengiuns.

So in some cases a stereotype can be true for a small number of the population, you have to keep in mind not everyone acts the same (unless your a moron with an IQ of a pig, then you might think everyone acts the same)

It is stupidity that judges by stereotypes, while intellgence has enough common sence to see past it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If you guys want to go after the real boogieman, look no further than the Federal Reserve bank and the international cabal of criminal bankers that runs America.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
With regard to this photo you posted representing typical Americans...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cfd97ad0bbb.png[/atsimg]

As an American I have no problem with this picture. Sure the parents and son are overweight, and that's too bad, but do you know what? They seem happy, appear active, enjoy a hobby (photography), and are a nuclear family.

Given the choices out there for family-types, and as this is a supposedly a negative representation of typical Americans, I would happily join this family if the cards were dealt that way.

Weight aside, they have every positive example going on from the this simple picture, albeit a bit cheesy for sure, but whatever, they seem nice and are exploring their world together as a family. The most important thing being, "together as a family."

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

thats americans for you, willing to stand beside any methhead or drugie just as long as they are american, why? because the general populas of america is "stupid" lack of better term. But yes just above moron, yet not quite average intellgence (that would be TOO smart for americans)

No i would give them an average IQ about 60-75, making them very gulbile to what they see on the television as reality, rather then simple entertainment, it makes them very easy to control and munipulate thought patterns.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

You're a real piece of work, Tony. Angry much.

Line 2.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Jason88 because: removed more insulting terms to preserve "feelings"

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

To say anyone is "typical" then they are ignorant in my opinion. We all differ greatly even within America and I only think your seeing the image the MSM/TPTB has created. They do it with everything and is there methods of brainwashing, some could say.
edit on 18-11-2010 by robbinsj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I dont find a difference in the typical american as compared to say. The typical europiean. Typical asian. Typcial nornther Europeanized human being.. typical man or woman.

There is absolutely zero difference. Culture around the world is specialized and focused to its specific problems. Every year people get a little smarter about facts. a little fatter. and more entrenched in the denial that this or that is the rule.

Anyone pointing the finger is psychologically doing it to themselves.. point out the faults they themselves are guilty of having. in everyone else.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Ummm, penguins in Canada?

*crosses fingers* please don't let him be Canadian...please
edit on 18-11-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by radarloveguy

thats americans for you, willing to stand beside any methhead or drugie just as long as they are american, why? because the general populas of america is "stupid" lack of better term. But yes just above moron, yet not quite average intellgence (that would be TOO smart for americans)

No i would give them an average IQ about 60-75, making them very gulbile to what they see on the television as reality, rather then simple entertainment, it makes them very easy to control and munipulate thought patterns.

And exactly where is this Utopia you are from my friend????

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
America really shouldn't have THIS guy ,

as a poster boy ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1aca1c8c2cdc.jpg[/atsimg]

He looks like a total redneck,psycho,long term meth abuser

... and you guys stand right behind him ????????????????

dude he was created forever ago as an ad base for the US gov.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone who stood behind him has been dead for some time now.

edit on 18-11-2010 by robbinsj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Ok i googled typical isreali.. there were pics of mickey mouse and michael jackson in the mix. the plot thickens lol

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Turn on Jerry Springer. Now look at that crowd - those people in the crowd are semi-presentable. Your typical American is your stay at home Jerry Springer watcher, they wish they could be in that crowd.

Sad but true.

how about this fascinating British version?

www.youtube.com...

just ask if you wanna see the Russian version of trash TV

edit on 18-11-2010 by delicatessen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The child appears to be a walking toxic timebomb waiting to go off at any moment.
Probably suffers from congested arteries, liver damage, high blood pressure, hypertension, fatigue, depressed immune system, impaired mental faculties, lethargy and much more.

GMOs + Code"X" Alimentarious=death fields.

Organics and Springwater a day with honey, apple cider vinegar, fish oil to clear your way.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Dude, I went to trouble to quantify my initial observation, by calculation, and presented the numbers as best I could. Do something similar before being sarcastic, it's cheap.

hopefully your calculations didnt get to the point of involving vector fields integrations.

seriously though, there wasnt big of a gap in your calculation for blue states to feel all that smug about their leanness as compared to their allegedly fat conservative cousins.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It seems in my dealings with people not from my home country (USA) are really not well travelled and are the seemingly uneducated ones.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a typical anything. However, one can make broad claims about a people that are true using common sense. For example: the Typical American speaks English and eats three meals a day. I think most would agree those are relatively accurate statements. It's only when using "controversial" forms of classification that people get offended. Unfortunately for Americans, using "controversial" terms to classify their own citizens is fine but to do it about any other nation is racist or ignorant.

edit on 18/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Your list of inventions in your post is crap-Alexander Graham Bell was Scottish and he invented the telephone for one!!What was it a previous poster said about Americans being egotistical?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Huggiesunrise

Judging by your spelling(which is terrible)you must be American i.e. typical American(a bit thick but doesn't realise it)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join