It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nukes goes missing now an f22 fighter jet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
not much i found on this story heres a foxnews.com ariticle www.foxnews.com... Take it for what its worth nukes go missing now a fighter jet? with the pilot

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Spokeswoman Corinna Jones said Wednesday that the jet was on a training mission and lost contact with air traffic control
at 7:40 p.m.

The article mentions nothing of any Nukes. And I highly doubt it would even carry one on a training mission. Why must you blow this out of context?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I read the article, but I can't find any allusion to a missing nuke...
Maybe it's the wrong source ??

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

This is a sad day. The F-22 happens to be one of my favorite US Fighters. And now one is missing. My prayers go to the pilots family.

I am sure this has something to do with the Ban on the Export of the Raptor

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What nukes?? You mean old suitcase nukes?
edit on 17-11-2010 by SankeySugar because: Clarifying the article

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
They don't carry nukes on their aircraft for training missions. I live on Elmendorf and see these guys flying around all the time. The F-22 is an incredibly aircraft, and every time I watch them it makes me consider supporting the country going further into debt so we can keep building awesome toys.

In a possibly related note, I found this Link. For those who don't know, south central Alaska would be Juneau and the "handle." Elmendorf, where the F-22 went missing, would be considered south central. I just thought this might be related as there are supposed to be some training exercises in Alaska this week, which will no doubt increase traffic, risk, and most certainly involve components from Elmendorf AFB. This is something to keep an eye on, but nothing about a nuke.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SankeySugar

He's probably referring to the temporary lapse in communications with nukes back about 3 months ago. FYI - The nukes didn't go missing they just lost communications for a period of about 4 hours.

It is extremely disconcerting that so many people at ATS combine misconstrued evidence and present it as fact. BTW you're supposed to back up your threads with sources if you're making a statement. At this point AJNSS thread is nothing more than conjecture, speculation and just plain BS.

By the way there is already a thread regarding the F-22's MIA status. Read it HERE

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Some how I think the OP meant, first we have a nuke go missing (probably a past story) and Now we have a Jet missing. I agree it is misleading, but then again, not all of us were english majors, myself included!

Still going to watch this thread for updates though.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Even in this day and age Jets crash. I remember There was an A-10 went "missing "in the U.S.;years ago it was finally found piled up on a hill "somewhere"..
edit on 17-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Do you think the pilot could have defected? Russia is only a few minutes flight time away. I'll bet they'd pay a lot of rubles for a 22.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Even in this day and age Jets crash. I remember There was an A-10 went "missing "in the U.S.;years ago it was finally found piled up on a hill "somewhere"..
edit on 17-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

That happened here in CO where I am from. Ended up waiting till spring to try and find it cause it was under snow.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Its been some time now since the jet went off radar, seems we should be due for an update! Thanks for the info OP!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
yes nukes were past story forgot to mention it half asleep still thought this was a good story this morning

reply to post by ajniss

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
yes nukes were past story forgot to mention it half asleep still thought this was a good story this morning

reply to post by ajniss

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Maybe the op was talking about the 200 pieces of Caesium 137 that was stolen from South Africa a few days ago...
This was talked about here on ats...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Caesium 137 is the main ingredient used to create dirty bombs.
But I do have to say that I agree with most of the above opinions that the jet has just crashed somewhere. The Alaska mountains are incredibly treacherous, but amazingly beautiful. Very intense storms happen quite often, and if the pilot lost visiblity, it would be pretty easy to accidentally hit a mountain peak without ever seeing it coming.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

"missing" lets all google earth for the missing terrorist village.

new topics

top topics

join