It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krystian Zimerman's shocking Disney Hall debut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Krystian Zimerman's shocking Disney Hall debut

Link To Article - Click Here

Poland's Krystian Zimerman, widely regarded as one of the finest pianists in the world, created a furor Sunday night in his debut at Walt Disney Concert Hall when he announced this would be his last performance in America because of the nation's military policies overseas.

he indicated that he could no longer play in a country whose military wants to control the whole world.

“Get your hands off of my country"

About 30 or 40 people in the audience walked out, some shouting obscenities. “Yes,” he answered, “some people when they hear the word military start marching.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-11-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What an interesting story
I thought it was great, but then I was surprised when I read the comments on the website.

What's wrong with people?
Americans are getting angry that he is against the one's bankrupting the country?

How does that make any sense?

We always say, oh things are starting to look up and people are waking up... I'm not sure.

This part was interesting and pathetic too

Zimerman has had problems in the United States in recent years. He travels with his own Steinway piano, which he has altered himself. But shortly after 9/11, the instrument was confiscated at JFK Airport when he landed in New York to give a recital at Carnegie Hall.
Thinking the glue smelled funny, the TSA decided to take no chances and destroyed the instrument.

Since then he has shipped his pianos in parts, which he reassembles by hand after he lands.

That is pathetic, the TSA is not making the country safer but rather just creates too many inconveniences.

What a story

Thoughts?

[url=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2009/04/krystian-zimermans-shocking-walt-disney-concert-hall-debut.html]latimesblogs.latimes.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have not issues with him sticking to his convictions, it's good to see people with integrity who won't sellout for the dollars.

I also have no problem with him not coming to the US again.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
He can never play in the US again for all I care. Is the US really trying to take over Poland?

He should be thanking the US military for freeing his country from the Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union in the past. The guy is just being an ass and has no knowledge of the history of his own country and the sacrifices made by American soldiers to free Poland.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow. That's so sad that they destroyed his piano! What were they thinking??? I don't blame him at all for not coming back and I would have stood and applauded his statement about the US military policies, had I been there.

The US military is no longer the proud, honorable force it once was. They are the puppets and tools of a money-and-power-hungry government whose ultimate purpose, I'm not sure we'll ever know.

Originally posted by Erasurehead
He should be thanking the US military for freeing his country from the Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union in the past.

As I said, the US military isn't what it once was. We can talk about the past all we want, but that doesn't change the fact that what we're doing TODAY (since 9/11) is some sort of attempt to control the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree. The military industrial complex and grown too large and too powerful in America today. War is big business. President Eisenhower warned us about it 50 years ago.

I just think his "hands off my country" line was just stupid. We have no interest in taking over Poland.
I also agree that the TSA is run by a bunch of morons. Who destroys a piano because the glue smells funny.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I just think his "hands off my country" line was just stupid. We have no interest in taking over Poland.

For a country of no apparent consequence, as you would seem to have it...it sure does get invaded a lot. Could it be because it is a buffer between Russia and the West? Think, please...and consider where those missile emplacements have been planned.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You would say the same thing about Scandanavia too wouldn't you?
However....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your "We" have no interest in taking over Poland.... who is "We"

Are you under the impression that those in power and those who give orders to invade represent you?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is a sad byproduct of national identity. It’s also though an intentioned byproduct of the national identity where people are ‘Americans’ first and human beings second.

Though depending on what other ‘shared’ identities that they use to validate their notions of being ‘correct’ through a might makes right concept, being a human being might come third or even fourth on the list.

If you are an American, Jewish, Mason, question anyone of those three things, be critical of any of those three things and people tend to react as if they themselves are under attack.

Often with a double standard employed. An American Tea Party Christian could burn an effigy of President Obama and receive applause by everyone around him, by their peers, let a American Muslim wade into the crowd and burn it for other reasons, and they will all rally around the same President they were just mocking.

It’s truly bizarre and sad. I am not my nation. My mind is not for rent to any God or Government, and I can’t imagine how anyone benefits from not fairly considering what someone else has to say and feels.

It used to be in America that people took great pride in dissenting, sadly this is becoming rarer and rarer as a run away government is in fact trying to impose it’s will not just on us, but the entire world.

Don't think so? Try to explain this then.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46a8f3eaea40.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
has anyone noticed the date of the article

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kappo
has anyone noticed the date of the article

Wow, I had a few articles open in different explorer tabs
I guess I got mixed up

My apologies

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Would you have preferred if I said "they"?
We as in America. I am American so I can say "we" when talking about my country.

Yes I know the American government and military have stopped acting in the people's interest a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You're apparently unaware of how many people in Poland are feeling right now.

I mean first off, for the longest time now we've been trying to make Poland another target in international conflicts with our missile shield system.

Secondly, last I checked 2/3 of leading financial, legislative and military polish leaders got assassinated this year and no one seems to be batting an eye to that.

So it's honestly perfectly understandable. He's fed up with this country and fed up by stupid people blindly marching behind a banner of patriotism that ultimately just makes them a thug.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes

We as in America. I am American so I can say "we" when talking about my country.

Are YOU spying on Scandanavia?
Or are THEY spying on Scandanavia?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yes I know the American government and military have stopped acting in the people's interest a long time ago.

You really shouldn't because that's the whole black heart of the might makes right mentaility "we".

When you use 'we' in that fashion, you are gving up your own unique identity for a shared one. You are binding yourself to others and abdicating your own power and responsibility.

You are also casting a net hoping to incorporate everyone you imagine should be part of this 'we' into that and trying to form their identity based off of your own perception and rendering then of the 'we'.

Even when Obama says 'we' as a executive of the corporate military dictatorship, I do not include myself in that we, as I did not vote for him, and I do not condone nor endorse our long out of control government.

I don't care what's going on in Iran or Somalia when some person who is part of the 'we' menatility and identity says well if you don't like it here move to Iran!

That's just how people in the 'we' do abdicate their personal responsibility for a nation that loves to do things in 'their' name.

Well the nation is not doing anything in my name, and I am not part of that 'we'. I was born and raised within the geographical confines of the United States, to which it therefore claims all rights against me, yet the truth is I was born as a human being, not an American, on the Planet Earth, not the United States of America.

These are all just divisions to divide the people, the divide and conquer and order out of chaos concepts the elites have for far too long been running the world by.

If you really imagine with 600,000 laws on the books, 280,000 of them attached with criminal penalty, and upwards to 50% of over all taxation through Federal, State, Local Income Taxes and insurances means you are free, and we live in the land of the free, that's your right, but I know with all those precursors and restrictions and rules, that no, we are not the land of the free, we are the land of the corporate military dictatorship that want's to use 'we's' arrogance to take over the world.

No when you (not saying you specifically) is poor, unatractive, leads a dull and uneventful life of near total obscurity then yes 'we' can become more attractive as you become a 'part' of something so much bigger, and more powerful, and grander.

This is the allure of 'we' as it totally obliterates the you, the you that for most of us leaves a lot to be desired because of the way th 600,000 laws and the excessive taxation limits our options and choices in life, and creates a slanted playing field, the favors the right of the corporatations, and the corporate military dictatorship over the individual, in increasingly greater and greater ways.

This Polish man, is actually telling you the truth, and the only thing keeping you from fairly considering it, is the false pride of 'we' a 'we' they desperately want you to have false pride in, since they first conspired to strip you of your own in you.

Well they haven't stripped me of mine. I am what I am, and I define that not them, or you, or we.

See!
edit on 17/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I see your point..

I have no idea why THEY are spying on Scandanavia.

I have nothing to do with it.

top topics

join