It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 dec 2012 could actually be 28 oct 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Let me just say first that I am not a believer in the whole 2012 end of the world stuff but let me just pose this question... there have been a lot of "prophecies" lately of dates of "terrible events" or beginnings of wars and now there is someone claiming the end of the world is not in 2012 but in 2011... do any of you just think this could be TPTB trying to get in your heads? I mean lets think... their goal is to reduce the population right? Well just like with Y2K if the crazies really believe that 12-21-2012 is the end then they will get rid of themselves and TPTB won't have to lift a finger.

just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by darthdescendent

again, I would like to point out that is seems the majority on ATS members and the world believe nothing is going to happen in 2012...

if they are trying to convince us all that something is going to happen, they are doing a horrible job at it.

I think its more likely that they are pushing it to the point where nobody believe in it, that way they are the only ones actually prepared, and they are succeeding

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

I'm not buying it, then again I never bought 2012 to begin with. December 21st at least made some sense because its the solstice and for some that at least holds some significance. October 28th, what's the significance of that? Doesn't sound like that date will be selling any books.

I suppose the date could be any time really, the world could end at any time in the future, just another reason to stop worrying about it and disregard pseudoscientific, new age, or ancient predictions

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree with Titen-Sxull
its all just a waste of time and for those "buying" into all of it... its a waste of money too

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

edit on 11/18/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
link - www.timeanddate.com...

From and including: Friday, October 28, 2011
To, but not including : Friday, December 21, 2012

It is 420 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

420 yo's... no syryslee... 420 is signifigant in Kaballistic numerology though.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I'm not buying it, then again I never bought 2012 to begin with. December 21st at least made some sense because its the solstice and for some that at least holds some significance. October 28th, what's the significance of that? Doesn't sound like that date will be selling any books.

I suppose the date could be any time really, the world could end at any time in the future, just another reason to stop worrying about it and disregard pseudoscientific, new age, or ancient predictions

Oct 28th 2011 is based on the mayan Tzolkin and Long count calendars.

the Tzolkin is a 260 calendar used by the Mayan's to show personal intention for a day and a lifetime.

the 260 calendar is based on a 13x20 system

Dec 21st 2012 is a day somewhere in the middle of this 260 day calendar (4 Ahau)

whereas Oct 28th 2011 completes the Tzolkin on 13 Ahau

Oct 28th 2011 is also a date where the Tzolkin and the Tun(360 day calendar) both complete full cycles and start over again

the Long Count calendar also comes to an end on this date as theorized by Calleman and others

www.calleman.com...
www.mayanmajix.com...

at least this is my understanding based on what I have read...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

very interesting indeed

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

But who cares. I mean sure its interesting what the Mayans believed from a historical and anthropological stand point but I don't see any reason to invest faith in a prophecy whether it be modern or ancient and regardless of how much pseudoscientific content conmen can churn out to make a buck off the gullible. It becomes even more unbelievable when people come in and change the dates around and can't decide on whether its an actual doomsday or a "spiritual rebirth" or both or neither. Not to mention the myriad of ideas on just how the destruction will unfold. Alien invasions, planetary collisions, black holes, sudden polar shifts or shifts in Earth's axis, volcanoes and earthquakes, etc etc.

Honestly I've been looking into this whole 2012 thing for a couple years and I'm still not sure how to react, at first I was intrigued, until I looked into the "science" behind it and found it to be pseudoscientific nonsense, then I became bemused at how many gullible folks buy into this stuff and finally became disgusted at the new age cons who are raking in money and taking advantage of gullibility and fear. I think its terrible what some people have done, I mean there are people out there who have blown massive amounts of money on doomsday bunkers and probably even people who bought into it so heavily they considered suicide. These kinds of mass delusions can cause serious problems, I just wish those that spread these ideas realized the damage they could be doing while they're lining their pockets. Even those who spread this pseudoscience with a genuine belief in 2012 and aren't making money are still doing some damage, at least they do so with good intent.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Horrible thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Horrible thread.

now why would this be a horrible thread?

most ppl have already saud they dont think anything will happen on the dates anyway so what is the problem?

its no more horrible than any other threads on here

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Prophetic threads are a waste of time.

No human can see into the future. They dilute the integrity of ATS, what little integrity it has left.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Prophetic threads are a waste of time.

No human can see into the future. They dilute the integrity of ATS, what little integrity it has left.

I never said I believed the prophecy and I never said that anyone else should believe any prophecy

I simply pointed out that there is yet another date

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Great, tommorow is another date but it bears no significance, Unfortunately, people think it does if someone prophesises some spooky story.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Actually after transposing the date, subtracting leap years, converting back to Gregorian and subtracting the root of the Julian calendar I have determined that the world will suffer cataclysmic events on March 10th 2014.

And by cataclysmic events I mean : conscious shift
And by conscious shift I mean : disclosure
And by disclosure I mean : mild hurricane season
And by mild hurricane season I mean : Blue Beam
And by Blue Beam I mean: Moon Nazi's

This should hold us over for a bit.
edit on 22-11-2010 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

rofl

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nothing will happen on Dec 21st 2012, tho I'll be quite happy to be proved wrong (some of the predictions sound quite nice, like the HiddenHand thread)...

I can guarantee one thing tho... the largest collection of amazing parties that mankind has ever seen will happen that night. There will be a lot of joy in the world, and a lot of sore heads on the 22nd.

xx

PS in reply to post by cluckerspud

My face hurts from laughing.

edit on 22-11-2010 by eightfold because: to add the PS.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold
Nothing will happen on Dec 21st 2012, tho I'll be quite happy to be proved wrong (some of the predictions sound quite nice, like the HiddenHand thread)...

I can guarantee one thing tho... the largest collection of amazing parties that mankind has ever seen will happen that night. There will be a lot of joy in the world, and a lot of sore heads on the 22nd.

xx

PS in reply to post by cluckerspud

My face hurts from laughing.

edit on 22-11-2010 by eightfold because: to add the PS.

I looked quickly and it does look like it falls on a Friday. If that is the case I will be partying regardless.
But you are right, I would suspect lots of interesting parties going on that evening. It may top New Years.
They should drop Nibiru in Times Square at the solstice.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Obvious troll is obvious.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I wasn't trolling, I was just sharing my opinion. The 2012 idea really intrigues me which is why I lurk in some of the threads, but none of the possible events sound plausible to me. I should probably have made the point that the calendar changes are one of the many many reasons I think the whole theory is built on sand foundations, at best.

Isn't the point of ATS to offer countering viewpoints if you disagree? I don't think that's trolling.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join