It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MP 'death list' blog: man charged with soliciting murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Bilal Zaheer Ahmad, of Dunstall, Wolverhampton, was arrested last Wednesday in connection with the website which influenced a student who tried to kill MP Stephen Timms.

He will appear at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court in central London this morning. Ahmad was charged with soliciting murder, West Midlands Police said.

The hit list of MPs who voted for the Iraq war was removed from the extremist website revolutionmuslim.com after the Home Office urged the US to act against it. The post hailed the student who tried to kill Labour's Stephen Timms as a "heroine".

Source here.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It appears that a radical Muslim site has apparently influenced someone to try and murder a member of parliament who voted for the Iraq war. The site in question has put up a "Hit list" of MPs who voted for the Iraq war and it has worked to an extent considering that there has been an attempt on MP Stephen Timm's life.

Do you think there are going to be more murder attempts like this on political figures because of this list?

Do you think there are going to be more murder attempts on political figures in general?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Interesting that this is the first I'm hearing about any arrests on this subject, as Wolverhampton is pretty much my back yard as it were. I would have thought this would have been big news on Midlands today or Central News.

As for your question; I doubt there will be any more blatant attempts like this one. It was a poorly planned and poorly executed attempt at murder, pure and simple.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

You do not think that with more and more people getting angry at governments there will be no more murder attempts?

I'm not sure, although I wouldn't be surprised.

new topics

top topics

join