It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military transporting Weapons? near Austin Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So I just found this interesting thread on dailypaul.com. A gentleman there stated he saw these weapons being transported on I35 North of Texas. Anyone here know what these are. I will post link to Daily Paul thread and pics:

www.dailypaul.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edc59ab2976f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce91f7982ef2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Very interesting... what is the dish thing on top of each trailer?

Until we identify what exactly that trailer is hauling it could be lots of things

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edc59ab2976f.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks like portable microwave transceivers or possible radar / radomes to me. The dish would be on top and pivot forwards on top of the sections toward the middle of the trailer which "scissor" in order to elevate the dish to what appears to be approximately 25-30 feet up.
The clevis devices at each side of the rear of the trailer suggests an anchor point or something to stabilize it when the dish is elevated.
edit on 11/16/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

going east or west?
detection gear

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

I could be completely off here, but the tag on the cargo says EMP. Brand name? Or is that exactly what we are looking at there?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Looks like thry could satelite uplink relay units for micrwave or possibly anti aircraft radar or aiming radar for missles.
line2

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Those are the ACTIVE DENIAL MICROWAVE SYSTEMS ... They are getting ready for civil unrest.. Can you say Bank Holiday and economic dollar collapse..!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Heh...here's something it could be. I know it probably isnt, but its a good a guess as any at the moment!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Active Denial System is a non-lethal directed energy weapon:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst
Those are the ACTIVE DENIAL MICROWAVE SYSTEMS ... They are getting ready for civil unrest.. Can you say Bank Holiday and economic dollar collapse..!!!

Great minds think alike eh Gamma!
Thats pretty funny how we had the same ideas!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaolin_dragon

Great minds think alike eh Gamma!
Thats pretty funny how we had the same ideas!

You know it..LOL... I just type faster..LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok,ok..i know infowars and alex jones are typically no-no's to talk about on this site, but I figured this was something to link to. Seems someone else has seen these sorts of weapons back in 2002. Doesnt look exactly like what the pics on this thread show, but it does have the EMP logo on them.

An Infowars reader sent the following photos of what appears to be a portable EMP weapon. The reader said he spotted a semi-truck carrying “military looking weapons” in Montana. “They were headed West towards Coeur d’Alene, Idaho and/or Spokane or Seattle, Washington,” he writes.

Infowars

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Good grief people! I know that it is a conspiracy website, but please use some basic common sense.

It is just portable communications equipment.

Look shock horror it has EMP on the lable

www.gdsatcom.com...

Used by the US military for the Joint Node Network and other systems.

peoc3t.monmouth.army.mil...

www.imakenews.com...,0,w

www.satnews.com...

usacac.army.mil...

TJ

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
Good grief people! I know that it is a conspiracy website, but please use some basic common sense.

It is just portable communications equipment.

Look shock horror it has EMP on the lable

www.gdsatcom.com...

Used by the US military for the Joint Node Network and other systems.

peoc3t.monmouth.army.mil...

www.imakenews.com...,0,w

www.satnews.com...

usacac.army.mil...

TJ

Now see, you went and killed our feel-good ADS wannabe devices!!
But thanks for the clarification though. Spoilsport!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
EDIT: This has already been confirmed to be a COMMUNICATIONS rig. The last post on this page mentions this, and posts on page 2 present various details of the system.
------------

Thoughts, questions, and information that we lack....

DESTINATION:

A) Transporting them to a location for local USE in the US?
B) Transporting them to a location for STORAGE?
C) Transporting them to a location for SHIPPING to foreign theaters?

ORIGIN:

1) Picked them up from the MANUFACTURER?
2) Picked them up from STORAGE?
3) Picked them up from a SHIPPER that returned them from the field?

QUESTIONS:

Who manufactures these things? Where are they located?

Assuming they are returning from the field, where might they have picked them up?

Assuming they are coming FROM storage, where would they have been stored?

Assuming they are going TO storage, where would they be taking them?

Have these systems been used recently overseas?

Where are the known nearby military bases?

OBSERVATIONS:

They sure do look clean...

They are transporting them in plain sight over land. Destination must be nearby. They must not be too concerned about people seeing them.

Only a few systems being transported. If being deployed, they must not need many. Otherwise, there will be more shipments.
edit on 16-11-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
As "tommyjo" pointed out....nothing to worry about. As for the EMP.....simply a company that manufactures cooling pumps for diesel engines.... www.emp-corp.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Fort Hood is off I 35 north of Austin...maybe going there. Anyone know exactly where on I 35 this was taken? I live right by I 35 North...can see the vehicles from my window.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarwinianLaw
As "tommyjo" pointed out....nothing to worry about. As for the EMP.....simply a company that manufactures cooling pumps for diesel engines.... www.emp-corp.com...

But you know that won't stop people worrying? Before the day is out these will be microwave weapons for use on US citizens disguised as comms gear. Tune into Alex Jones for a full debrief on these weapons.

TJ

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I wish I knew.... I'm a third party logistics broker. I'll bet they payed good money to move those portable communication relays ( used for field operations). I could have made some good money on those things. they are using a private carrier to haul them. I'm sure if was somthing real important they would move it on military transports under tarps, not down the interstate in plain view. Just my professional opinion. I still would like to make some of that government contract carrier money. It's kinda like getting my tax dollars back after they have been through the back end of a cow (if you catch my drift!).

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Nope. They are some sort of phased array antenna. An ADS is very very bulky - the gyrotron is not only big in itself but it requires cryogenics.

The smaller solid state ones don't have a lot of power and were basically dropped - for now - as viable denial systems.

edit: not phased array at all, it's an AN-TSC-185 as someone pointed out. Upon second look, there IS some curvature to the dish, just not much.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join