It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have had these types of beverages numerous times and I must say that I am still breathing.

some of you are overreacting

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Generally, I'd take a guess and say their goal is to limit harmful products to provide a healthier population through regulating what you can consume, which obviously presents the probably of defining what exactly would constitute harmful food / drinks etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Maybe posting factual information would help.

While there have always been drinks that mix caffeine and alcohol, health experts say these pre-mixed cocktails are much more dangerous than rum and Coke or even Red Bull and vodka. The cans may be the size of two 12-ounce beers, but they deliver a much stronger punch. “Some, like Four Loko, are 12 percent alcohol and have something in the range of 200mg of caffeine,” says Bruce Goldberger, a forensic toxicologist at the University of Florida. “That’s the equivalent of five to six beers and four to five colas in one can.” A 110-pound woman who downs a single can will have a blood-alcohol level twice the national intoxication standard, he says.

The high caffeine levels prevent drinkers from falling asleep, overriding the body’s natural defense against excessive alcohol consumption. Because they’re “wide-awake drunk,” Goldberger says, consumers don’t realize how intoxicated they are. Studies reveal drinkers of caffeinated alcohol are more likely to engage in “risky behavior, like drunk driving and sexual assaults,” he says.

The megadose of caffeine creates additional problems. Dr. Richard O’Brien, an emergency physician in Scranton, Pa., says he’s seen an increase in drunken kids “coming in saying their hearts are pounding out of their chests.” To date, he adds, “everyone I’ve seen drinking this stuff has been under 21.”

www.newsweek.com...

It took me 5 whole seconds to find this info. If you actually understood the subject instead of just shooting your mouth off, maybe you'd learn something....doubtful but you never know

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That information is a complete lie. I felt really drunk. the caffine does not override anything. But I have been drinking energy drinks for hte past 4 years and I notice I am not immune to any of them anymore.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If all these things are true along with the aggressively invasive security measures at the airport, it wont be long til someone starts swinging. (They bump up the tyranny level a little bit every 3-5 years..but half of us are begining to get mad)
Example IRS (austin tx)

It could eventually become more fierce and violent than what any muslim terrorist organization could produce. Except 80% of the time,, muslim terrorists are working for one of the 4 main Intel Agencies and attack innocent citizens for false flag purposes and push elitist agendas.

A very pissed off civillian populace would direct violence towards seats of power. Which is how it should be.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I read about a guy that ordered powdered caffeine.

He took a spoonful of it and it killed him.

I think they should ban caffeine, it is dangerous.

I also read about a person that drank a liter of everclear and died, I think they should ban that.

I also read about a person that drove a car and died, I think they should ban that.

I also read about a person that used pure oxygen in his scuba tank and died, I think they should ban oxygen.

Nope I have a better idea, how about a ban on just one thing, stupid people, that gets to the point way quicker.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Sir, clearly you are not up to speed on the governments successful war on drugs.

You see, by banning things people enjoy, the world is a better place.

Ronald Reagan said so, therefore it must be true.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

The horror.

Someone might drink a lot and get drunk.

Jesus Christ, someone call the military.

We need a full nuclear strike against Joose production plants immediately.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I have had these types of beverages numerous times and I must say that I am still breathing.

I drank one and my head exploded.

I'm actually headless right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Legalize all drugs.
That would weed out most of the idiots and empty the jails.

If everyone would follow my philosophy all would end well.

Everything in moderation is the key.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Just throwing this out there, mnemeth1 doesn't care if it contains water mixed with razorblades, it's the fact the something is being regulated, which I guess is the equivalent to having Stalin personally run over your freedom in a giant monster-truck covered in hammers and sickles with a communist flag.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by jfj123

Just throwing this out there, mnemeth1 doesn't care if it contains water mixed with razorblades, it's the fact the something is being regulated, which I guess is the equivalent to having Stalin personally run over your freedom in a giant monster-truck covered in hammers and sickles with a communist flag.

I really don't care if it is water mixed with razor blades.

If people want to buy that, what's the problem?

If people want to drink rat poison, is it the governments job to say they can't?

What should we do to people who drink rat poison?

Should we torture them by forcing them to undergo a full naked body cavity search?

Perhaps we should combine the TSA and the FDA into the TSAFDA

edit on 16-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by jfj123

The horror.

Do you think that anyone should be able to purchase anything without restriction?
As example, bombs, guns, drugs, etc..?
Do you think there should be no legal restrictions at all?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I drank one and my head exploded.

I'm actually headless right now.

This is a VERY believable statement !
Probably the most accurate and intelligent post you've made to this point !
Good job !

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So far no one has yet told me what kind of violence should be enacted against my person for the crime of offering someone a vodka-redbull.

Please, its very simple.

Just pick a weapon and tell me how I should be struck with it for creating a caffeinated alcoholic beverage.

Batons, tasers, firearms, pepper spray, bare fists, you decide!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So far no one has yet told me what kind of violence should be enacted against my person for the crime of offering someone a vodka-redbull.

Please, its very simple.

Just pick a weapon and tell me how I should be struck with it for creating a caffeinated alcoholic beverage.

Batons, tasers, firearms, pepper spray, bare fists, you decide!

What are you talking about?
Red bull and vodka isn't the problem in any case.
Sorry to hear about your head. On the upside, it might make a better bowling ball anyway

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Sorry to hear about your head. On the upside, it might make a better bowling ball anyway

Sir - this is very simple.

I'm a bar tender.

I serve someone a caffeinated alcoholic beverage.

You are an FDA enforcement officer.

What kind of violence should you engage in to stop me from committing this evil act?

I prefer the bare knuckle brawl.

This way I can at least get a few licks in before you pull out your gun and shoot me to death.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Sir - this is very simple.

I'm a bar tender.

I serve someone a caffeinated alcoholic beverage.

You are an FDA enforcement officer.

What kind of violence should you engage in to stop me from committing this evil act?

I prefer the bare knuckle brawl.

This way I can at least get a few licks in before you pull out your gun and shoot me to death.

I'm not sure why you'd suggest anyone should be violent. My guess is that you'd receive a ticket. Is that violent enough for you? And your boss might fire you which I would personally find funny

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

The horror.

Do you think that anyone should be able to purchase anything without restriction?

Do you understand the difference between drugs and weapons?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

reply to post by jfj123

The horror.

Do you understand the difference between drugs and weapons?

I don't see any difference.

If someone wants to buy a machine gun or blow up their own car with a bomb, why should the government stop them?

The only time government should get involved (if we must have a coercively funded government, which I reject) is when people harm or threaten others by their actions.

Owning and shooting a machine gun harms no one.

Blowing up your own car harms no one.

Banning guns is about as effective as banning drugs - and accomplishes the same things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join