It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Make Sure you have those Gestapo Boots on! and the NWO Arm band ! thats all you need as the Govt already has the Supplys of Black Uniforms ! Soon Ill see in the Future Ill see Speak Easy's as in the last Prohibition .
There are not going to stop it Unless they try to BAN all Caffeine Drinks and say good bye to NODOZ as there alot of Coffee & Soda Drinkers ! in the US I See another profiteering Business sided with Fear Mongering arise ! if they will try! with alot of Pissed off Employees and Employers !

Go ask Some Retail / Industrial Big Box Managers what keeps Them going when he Works 60+ hours a week ? Cut it from Them ! What Will Happen ?

Seriously, are you out of your mind?

Earlier this week, the company agreed to voluntarily cease sales in New York. And on Tuesday, Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said in a statement that the FDA plans to rule caffeine an unsafe substance to add to alcoholic beverages, "effectively making products such as Four Loko, Joose, and others like them, prohibited for sale in the United States."

source

The ban is only on a mixture of alcohol and caffeine. No one is banning either alcohol or caffeine individually. This whole thread is full delusional neocons who get off lying and spreading fear.

There's water in the drinks too. Why don't you neocons tell everyone the FDA is banning water now!!! Everyone the neocons need you to know that this FDA ban will of course lead to a ban on water because the NWO doesn't want you to consume liquids. Booga booga booga
edit on 17-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

What are the Heck are to talking about Water! LOL in you last Sentence Talk about delusional ! and here i thought you said i was out of my mind ! Yeah Water Should be banned the Ones with Fluoride!!!!! We can go on about that cant we!!

DO you believe what the Media Tells You ! Seriously
What Out of my Mind ! OK maybe i am I was Poking Fun about the Gestapo Black

you SAID !

The ban is only on a mixture of alcohol and caffeine. No one is banning either alcohol or caffeine individually. This whole thread is full delusional neocons who get off lying and spreading fear.

They Soon Will its only a matter of time
so for the time being ill use Caffeine Pills and High Energy Drinks like RED BULL and NoDOZ and My Joltx2 for an Alternative!! so i can have fun and Dance the Night away! or would you Rather have people Use Ecstasy
If a Company cant sell a Mixture of the Product because of a Government Ban People will combine the TWO! making a Home Brew

The Ban is Not all about the Caffeine Alcohol mix! It about Competition ! of the Supplier's
did you Skipped that Thought!..
a Few People Died OK Verses to what ?

is Tyleonol Still Around ?

The Past
Chicago Tylenol murders
en.wikipedia.org...

The recent
Tylenol recall: Serious side effects investigated
By Parija Kavilanz, CNNMoney.com senior writerFirst Published: May 25, 2010: 3:13 PM ET
money.cnn.com...

Deaths with Caffeine is from Accidental Overdose Only I would think Prove me Wrong ..

Caffine Intoxication
en.wikipedia.org...

The Manufacturers need to put Warning Labels on the Bottles and at the places of Sale themselves

Will they still sell Red Bull in Bars!! after this so called Alcohol Energy Drink Ban ! ? Alcoholic Energy Drink were around since Red BULL has Been Created and other like it ... a Home Brew as a Soda Drink Called JOLTis Ban in certain Places in the US and the Drink was Created by a Collage Student Chemist Named CJ Rapp Just a few Towns Away from ME ...

C.J. Rapp is an American beverage inventor best known for inventing and marketing high-caffeine Jolt Cola. In 1985, C. J. Rapp developed Jolt Cola, which contains 72 milligrams of caffeine[clarification needed (per which quantity)], which is the maximum amount permitted by the US Food and Drug Administration. He attended McQuaid Jesuit High School in Rochester, New York. As a sociology major at SUNY Potsdam, Rapp noticed that students concocted beverages to help them stay awake to finish term papers, complete research projects, or study for exams.

how about home made Alcoholic Energy Brew! the New Moonshine! What is Next!!!! on the list of Unsafe Caffeine Parade! ! NoDOZ Drinking SODA with Nyquil ! Obviously your being like the rest of the Sheeple !

And as for what in talking about about Retail Managers! when they put in 60+ Hours a week ! let alone Truck Drivers ! Factory workers etc.. with the lack of Sleep What is going to keep them Going ! ! if NODOZ , Caffeine Pills Energy Drinks & Coffee are not available

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

NoDOZ

There ya go. Any 8 year old can wander into any shop and buy that stuff.

How many kids, clubbers or ravers have ended up in the ER because they took too many of those or crushed a bunch up and sucked it up their nose?

One pill is something like 2 or 3 cups of coffee. That's already twice as much as in one of these gutrot drinks.

But where's the call to ban them? I guess they just arent the hip topic of the day.

NoDoz, sending kids to the ER for 50 years. 4loko, sending kids to the ER for a year.

Never mind that both are from gross over-consumption thereby making it the fault of the consumer and nobody elses.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

"Never mind that both are from gross over-consumption thereby making it the fault of the consumer and nobody elses. "

Apparently you didn't get the memo.

Since liberals are smarter than us, it only makes sense that they use violence to prevent us from hurting ourselves.

We are simply too dumb to know what is best for us.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hence the reason I said unknown heart condition.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

NoDOZ

There ya go. Any 8 year old can wander into any shop and buy that stuff.

How many kids, clubbers or ravers have ended up in the ER because they took too many of those or crushed a bunch up and sucked it up their nose?

One pill is something like 2 or 3 cups of coffee. That's already twice as much as in one of these gutrot drinks.

But where's the call to ban them? I guess they just arent the hip topic of the day.

NoDoz, sending kids to the ER for 50 years. 4loko, sending kids to the ER for a year.

Never mind that both are from gross over-consumption thereby making it the fault of the consumer and nobody elses.

AND.... Thats were an Age Rating Label of Adults 18 Only on the Package... OF those PIlls and They Should be in Pharmacy's Only ! and Behind the Counter! .. but then again it not going to Stop LIttle ( Tommy or Tammy ) to go in to Mommys Purse or Daddy Wallet or the Medicine Cabinet to get them! but lets not Banned them for any reason or that Truck Driver! that take those long overhaul runs of Product that has a Time Schedule Beating the Deadline Clock, Sacrificing his Sleep so he can keep his Job & bringing those products like NoDOZ to your Local Big BOX Supermarket like Walmart for example ... its a godsend for a Truck driver to Use NODOZ Caffeine Pills Energy Drinks etc.. Why One of my Best Friends IS a Truck Driver that goes through that kind of life Style tho He works With Company that is Contracted to a Government Agency that Has Major Immediate Destination Deadlines and are Mostly Night Runs ! on Military Bases... You Know the Kind from a Manufacturing Company or a University to a Military Base .

ohh as i see your from New Hampshire as that state Sells Alcohol only at Beer Stores besides Bars ..
Something like what Canada Does if im Corrected ?

edit on 18-11-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

seriously?!? most of your posts are so out of context it's hard to take them seriously. No one is trying to ban the mixing of alcohol and caffeinated beverages. They just don't want companies pre-mixing them and selling them. It would still be perfectly legal to mix jack daniels and coke or redbull and vodka (that sounds pretty gross...).

Something I hadn't noticed anyone bring up yet is that caffeine is very addictive. Was "big alcohol" just trying to get people more addicted? or perhaps they were just trying to capitalize on a trend?

Also, the penalty wouldn't be violence, it would likely just be a fine.

edit on 18-11-2010 by anonymousstranger because: added more stuff

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

ohh as i see your from New Hampshire as that state Sells Alcohol only at Beer Stores besides Bars ..

Beer and wine are sold everywhere. Gas stations, pharmacys, supermarkets, everywhere.

Liquor is only sold in state licensed liquor stores.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Beer and wine are sold everywhere. Gas stations, pharmacys, supermarkets, everywhere.

Liquor is only sold in state licensed liquor stores.

Thank god for that.

If the government didn't supply us with Liquor, we would be forced to buy it from evil capitalist liquor store owners who want nothing more than to see their entire customer base die in the unholy fires of hell for all eternity.

edit on 18-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The FDA is not the only pharmaceutical organization that can lead blissfully ignorant people off of a cliff and they'll think it's in their best health interests.

Again, Lemmings.

Caffeine is not often found to have significant health benefits, but this may be the case with liver disease. A new study (May 2004) has found a link between caffeine intake and a reduced incidence of liver damage.

Source

Alcohol is a toxic substance to the liver and remains one of the most common causes of chronic liver disease.

Source

If you trust anything the FDA has to say without researching first you might as well just throw yourself off of a cliff now; there will be less suffering in your future and your money will be in your family's pocket rather than tied up in the corporatocracy.

The only way FDA cares about your health is making sure you remain sick so that they can constantly make money off of you. Fact. It's their legal responsibility as a publicly owned corporation.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Mnemeth has been catching a lot of heat in here. I mean, why wouldn't he? The short and seemingly insulting comments he makes will catch you off guard, as a matter of fact you might not even realize that he is absolutely right. All the compelling arguments were made pages ago (and when I say pages, I actually mean like 20 pages.) Now all that's left is people coming to the last page and going "Omg, they aren't banning caffeine in alcohol, just prepackaged caffeine in alcohol!" or "Dude, it's dangerous to mix uppers and downers!" I can't count the number of times I read those things this morning when this thread caught my eye. As an occasional drinker of Four Loko and Joose who is still alive, I have to say a few things... Who cares if I mix it or some guy at a factory does it for me, and what gives them the right or cause to care? If this combination is so bad (which I recognize that it is at high levels) why has no one ever stroked out after drinking two pints of Jager and three or four 24oz cans of Monster in a night? Before you say they have: Hey dude, I'm still here. No, it doesn't feel good in the morning. Yes it can kill you if you drink yourself into a coma with it. So can the Jager by itself. What's worse is at least they tell you what's in Lokos, this Monster can tells me among other information that I don't really care about, that it contains an "Energy Blend" of L-Camitine, Glucose, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone, and Maltodextrin, which altogether is 2500mg. What the heck does that even mean? But no, let's pick on the Energy Alcohol drinks because they're premixed. I can also walk in the store and buy Mad Dog 20/20 (13% alcohol) and some wake-me-up pills and mix those together (would it still count if I can do it before I get out of the store?), or waltz on over to the liquor store and pick up my pre-mixed margarita in a can, White Russian, or Mudslide, Sex on the Beach, Jello Shooters, etc, I could continue but I won't.

Another thing, I keep seeing this figure spouted off that a Loko contains an equivalent of 6 beers and 5 cups of coffee. First, I'm not scared of coffee. I've probably drank 7-10 cups in an hour or two before. Secondly, what kinda beer are they drinking?! I'm no mathematician, but try to follow me here. 24oz can, that's two normal beers. We agree on that. But if a normal beer has half of the alcohol percentage of a Loko, that leaves us with another x2, which equals 4. I don't mean to split hairs, but 4 does not equal 6, unless you're drinking watered down Smirnoff, and this is VERY apparent if you take into account that a person may drink two or three of these things. I've never made it past 3 in a night, haven't seen anyone do it, wouldn't recommend doing it. That being said, I know a guy that can drink a 24 pack of beer in a night. Again, wouldn't recommend it, and it'd probably kill Johnny the average freshman college student, but does that mean we have to ban beer too? Or maybe just the particular brand that my friend drinks, since obviously all the other brands are much safer.

It just seems to me like a lot of people with "good intentions" are being fooled by faulty math and especially faulty logic into thinking we should ban things which may not be good for us. And those who decide what's good and bad for us can't even make up their mind whether dairy is healthy, tell us marijuana is bad, push organic foods on us that make many people sicker than the pesticides on normal food, and guess what else? I took accutaine, so I could probably expect to develop Chron's Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or Inflammatory Bowel Disease or even freaking croak any day now according to the same quacks that pushed me into it a few years ago.

So, dangerous things that should probably be banned, some of which were mentioned earlier and some I use for effect: skydiving, drinking alcohol at all, drinking city water, walking through the woods at night, getting on a plane, taking over the counter pain relievers every day, using cellular phones, getting an x-ray at the doctor. I'm not saying burn loot and pillage, I'm saying use common sense. We are all given it at birth, and whether we choose to use it is on us. I've done plenty of stupid things but I'm still here and I've learned from them. Banning things NEVER stops the "problem," education does. Don't be an idiot. You probably wouldn't chug liquor, wine, or Mad Dog (unless you were me a few years ago), so don't expect to do it with a Loko just because it comes in a can instead of a bottle. A couple years ago we had to prevent alcohol poisoning and alcohol abuse in teenagers. Did we? Yeah, sure, the same way we cured the Bird Flu by not talking about it anymore (blown way out of proportion for someone's benefit?). Then we had to stop teen smoking and I really don't see fewer young people with cigarettes; now one particular brand of alcoholic beverage which is not dissimilar to any mixed energy shot is going to kill us all? I'm not buying it. Look around people... Pretty soon your congressman will be telling you that only red boxers are allowed on Wednesdays, and you people will line up and come up with reasons why black, white, and yellow boxers are bad for you on Wednesday. Really people, moderation is the key and no amount of legislation will fix stupid. You can't stop me from doing something if I want to bad enough, and if I'm hurting no one but myself then who are you to try? Mouth's getting a little dry from laughing at some of these comments... I'll take that cup of water mixed with razor blades now, as long as it's clearly marked.
edit on 19-11-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is not an infringement of your rights. This act of banning Four Loko is exactly what the Food and Drug Administration was created for. It should have never gotten past them in the first place.

If the FDA was doing its job, you would never even know of Four Loko.

I've tried it. It's a really powerful drink, and very dangerous. Mainly because it doesn't taste like alcohol, and the combination of alcohol and caffeine give the drinker the illusion that they are not drunk while giving them alertness while being drunk...causing them to do really stupid things or overdose on alcohol.

However, it's okay to serve a drink like "Absolut Idiot" (vodka miked with red bull) at a bar, because a good bartender will usually know when to cut a person off if they've had too much to drink. There is no such safeguard with Four Loko, which is sold over the counter, sometimes to minors.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm drinking a Four Loko right now, about to open my second one. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

This stuff is so good it should be illegal!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
I'm drinking a Four Loko right now, about to open my second one. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

This stuff is so good it should be illegal!

Ha ha!! Hilarious.

Good things are usually illegal when the government can't control it...like marijuana.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

You're right, I mean it's not like I can't go to a packie, buy a bottle of jager, go to costco, buy a 30 case of redbull, and make my own jagerbombs! This is impossible!

Oh wait, it isn't. I guess we need to stop selling energy drinks and alcohol now. I mean, we won't BAN it, we'll just have a state sanctioned bar (with armed guards with powers to override your "rights") with a licensed bartender. And after every drink someone has, they need to take a breathalyzer. If they exceed the determined "safe" limit (to be determined by the state) they are forced to leave.

I mean, how else can we drink safely? Pfft, self control? Fat chance! Come on big brother, come save us! While you do that, please take my rights and money!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thank you dumb college kids for excess and drawing unwanted attention to beer/caffeine. lol

Same thing happened with ephedrine.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BoatRock1

Watch Robitussin be next. Robo tripping is a...well it's a trip. Hence the name.

Hey, what about Benadryl? Not that I recommend it. At all. I really wonder how far this will go eventually honestly. If it at all gets you high, ban it damn it!

Really in the end this is all related to the war on drugs. People are so fearful of them we push beneficial or harmless ones away and because of that, people who want to legally get high and not just get drunk or smoke a cig resort to getting fake scripts, trying Robitussin and learning how fun that is, or being stupid and actually taking so much Benadryl you're in a basement of spiders.

Let me tell you all this right now; if pot was legal, I doubt those kids would be dead. They may have ordered a couple pizza's and play some video games though.

This is all about controlling how you feel, and the money involved in achieving that feeling. A lot of people have died because Pharmaceutical companies, Narco war lords and Governments like making lots of money. And trust me, there exists no accurate number out there that reflects the money they make. I would honestly push a trillion dollars a year when one combines what big pharma makes, what the military industrial complex makes in the wars and conflicts involving drugs, what the prison industrial complex makes, what the government makes, and wait.....am I forgetting something? Oh yeah. THE ACTUAL FREAKIN' DRUGS INVOLVED PEOPLE. Not to mention the fact that a lot of this money is your money. The prisons, the government, big pharma. That's your money.

Hope it's worth it people. Really #ing hope this is all worth it.

edit on 20-11-2010 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
reply to post by windwaker

You're right, I mean it's not like I can't go to a packie, buy a bottle of jager, go to costco, buy a 30 case of redbull, and make my own jagerbombs! This is impossible!

Oh wait, it isn't. I guess we need to stop selling energy drinks and alcohol now. I mean, we won't BAN it, we'll just have a state sanctioned bar (with armed guards with powers to override your "rights") with a licensed bartender. And after every drink someone has, they need to take a breathalyzer. If they exceed the determined "safe" limit (to be determined by the state) they are forced to leave.

I mean, how else can we drink safely? Pfft, self control? Fat chance! Come on big brother, come save us! While you do that, please take my rights and money!

Just like a gun is not a gun if it's parts are separated when you buy them, a deadly energy drink with alcohol is not that drink until you put the ingredients together...so yes, you should be able to buy red bull and mix with it with alcohol in the privacy of your own home...But the rules are different if those ingredients come packaged together under a label that was specifically designed to attract young kids and is very cheap.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
it's sort of just a knee jerk response to drinks like 4loko and joose that along with a few other chemicals besidee caffiene, makes you effing mad after 2.

there is no beverage that should do this to you, something this unhealthy deserves to be illegal.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I feel as though to argue against the OP's points puts me in the position of defending the FDA. I am not really a cheerleader for the FDA. The idea of it is understandable as a necessary evil in a world where corporations have way too much control over our intake of various foods, drinks and medicines.

Nevertheless, the FDA is corrupted by BigPharma, GMO and other corporate lobbies. Thus, it is understandable that people like us don't want to see the FDA controlling what we put in our body since it can be seen as the corporations putting an arbitrary review board in place to rubberstamp anything that comes down the pike with enough money attached to it.

So, we see herbal, time-trusted medicines with the label "These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA" and things like Lipitor, Darvaset (sp?) and beef from cows that ate parts of other cows passing inspection quite easily.

All of the above being the case, I still do not see the point of attacking this little piece of legislation, assuming it is legitimate. Caffeine and Alcohol are normally not two drugs I would mix, at least not in any situation than casually drinking a few beers with dinner and then going for coffee with friends (or vice-versa). However, it is true that many drugs interact in a bad way, even when the quantities on their own might not be that harmful.

I imagine, if you drink several shots of espresso and a bunch of hard alcohol, it's probably not good on your heart and thus not good on you in general.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In my opinion and it is just that. We SHOULD be allowed to ingest any substance into our "own bodies" that we want, no matter how ridiculous the combination of substances or how ridiculous the reasons that we do it may be. It is not the federal government nor anyone else's place to tell us otherwise..it's called "personal choice". If the fed gets rid of these beverages then they will just get replaced by another beverage or another substance. People will find any means that they can to get wasted and whacked out for what ever reason. This move on the behalf of the FDA does not and will not change anything, the same way the "War On Drugs" did squat. Humans have been getting stoned and drunk on all types of things long before "government" or "government intervention" ever even existed..so this is nothing more than a sordid power-play to take a little bit more freedom out of our lives. And sure, you can wax philosophical and give examples of how these "alcoholic energy drinks", and those who consume them, have done this or caused that, but they are not the root of evil. They are no more responsible for the chaos and mayhem that they cause than the individuals consuming them, it's like blaming a bullet for blowing someone's head off, yet the government isn't trying to outlaw ammunition are they? It's just another example of some "special interest group" paying an ass-load of money for the opportunity to flex their muscles and throw their weight around and hoping, in the process, that they can make a difference. Most likely because their son, daughter, niece or nephew, had some sort of "experience" with these beverages, whether it be death or embarrassment, and now they feel like an example should be made of these companies. But you know what? Regardless of the circumstances, the product is not the problem, it is those who BUY and PARTAKE in the product that are the problem, as well as their personal control issues. Johnny or Suzy may appear to be great kids until they get a hold of something that they have no business messing with, but it is their "personal choice", not the federal government.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join