It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by jfj123

Resorting to lies and distortions of truth pretty much means you've run out of anything useful to say.

I'm not lying about anything nor am I distorting anything. All I'm doing is reiterating what you are saying and putting your statements into proper context

The simple term for it is called lying.

What am I lying about?
Everything I've stated as fact has been backed up.
I like the way you make these vague statements but never back them up in any way (ie I'm lying).
Time to grow up and realize that people will call you on your statements.
I'm still waiting for your proof that at least 1000 billion people have died from your mixed drink

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by jfj123

Well fyi, using Tylenol as directed can and does cause liver damage, so...
What is wrong with a warning label? Why does everything need to be banned?

Liver damage is rarely, immediately fatal whereas the combo in question can be.
I get what you're saying but we're also comparing possible damage from longterm use vs immediate damage.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
reply to post by jfj123

Your trust for the FDA will be your demise.

Oh no ! The FDA put a hit out on me ????

Caffeine is good for your liver.

Please post evidence to support this statement.

The FDA will not have such unpatentable drugs competing in their monopolized market.

HUH? caffeine has not been banned. Caffeine won't be banned. Caffeine is in many, many things including pop, chocolate, tea, coffee, gum, etc... All unpatented

Caffeine combats the effects of liver damage from alcohol. That is why the FDA wants it gone.

The FDA does not want to ban caffeine. You obviously don't understand basic physiology or you'd know that it's a really bad idea to combine both a stimulant and a depressant.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hmmmmm....the only alcoholic beverage I drink is Jager and monster. I can't imagine drinking anything else. I have nights where I've gone to bed and can't sleep cause my heart is racing. Oh well, maybe I won't have to deal with the whole 2012 thing!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Caffeine is good for your liver.

Please post evidence to support this statement.

Please click my dropmenu and select "view posts in this thread" to get your evidence.

HUH? caffeine has not been banned. Caffeine won't be banned. Caffeine is in many, many things including pop, chocolate, tea, coffee, gum, etc... All unpatented

Who said caffeine was banned? What is banned is caffeine, which is proven to have positives effects on your liver, being mixed with alcohol, the #1 contributor to liver disease that is making the FDA millions of dollars right now. You really think that this is "just a coincidence"? Wake up.

edit on 17-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
Hmmmmm....the only alcoholic beverage I drink is Jager and monster. I can't imagine drinking anything else. I have nights where I've gone to bed and can't sleep cause my heart is racing. Oh well, maybe I won't have to deal with the whole 2012 thing!

I've contacted the FDA about your post.

You can expect to have an assault team raid your house momentarily.

You are obviously an extreme threat to America and must be punished for your reckless behavior.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That's funny coming from a guy who supports a ban that prevents small businesses from competing with the major distributors.

WHAT? There you go lying again.

This ban doesn't prevent small businesses from competing with major distributors.

How can you sit there and post knowingly false information? How can you sit there and spread complete lies?

This has NOTHING to do with small businesses competing with anyone...

What the heck are you talking about?

Do you honestly think we would see this ban from the FDA if this was Coke or Pepsi's products?

Coke and Pepsi are not allowed to make alcohol+caffeine drinks either!

What on Earth are you talking about? Have you been drinking Four Loko?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This ban will drive Phusion Projects LLC of Chicago out of business and cut into the profits of United Brands Co.

Hence, I'm not lying.

edit on 17-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

More exaggerated hogwash from the sensationalist.

The FDA doesn't enforce what you consume, they enforce what you sell.

Do you know anything about the world you live in? Or do you just know the psychosis you are stuck in?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by mnemeth1

More exaggerated hogwash from the sensationalist.

The FDA doesn't enforce what you consume, they enforce what you sell.

Do you know anything about the world you live in? Or do you just know the psychosis you are stuck in?

Good Orwellian logic there.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This ban will drive Phusion Projects LLC of Chicago out of business and cut into the profits of United Brands Co.

Hence, I'm not lying.

Oh don't play the semantics game with me...

You said this ban "prevents small businesses from competing with major distributors". The ban does not discriminate against small businesses, nor does it prevent any small businesses from competing against major distributors. You are straight out LYING.

Phusion Projects LLC and Unite Brands Co. can STILL compete with major distributors, they just need to change their products so they are safe.

Stop exaggerating the truth! I can't believe you are not banned for posting knowingly false information, and then trying to hide behind semantics.
edit on 17-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Hence, I'm not lying.

Oh don't play the semantics game with me...

You said this ban "prevents small businesses from competing with major distributors". The ban does not discriminate against small businesses, not does it prevent any small businesses from competing against major distributors. You are straight out LYING.

Phusion Projects LLC and Unite Brands Co. can STILL compete with major distributors, they just need to change their products so they are safe.

Stop exaggerating the truth! I can't believe you are not banned for posting knowingly false information, and then trying to hide behind semantics.
edit on 17-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

The ban does discriminate against small distributors.

That's the entire point of the ban.

Only small time players are making these cocktails and the big boys don't like it when small timers cut into their profit margins.

By banning pre-packaged cocktails, the corporate giants are ensuring that people must by full size packages of energy drinks and full bottles of vodka if they want to get their fix.

This is far more costly than a single can of Joose.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

By enforcing what is being sold they are in effect enforcing what we consume. This ban will more than likely cause the company to go out of business, and that is exactly what our economy doesn't need right now. Also mixing a red bull and vodka seems more dangerous to me than this drink. Vodka has a 30% alcohol content... There have been several people die from alcohol poisoning that didn't involve energy drinks. My point being people find a way to abuse alcohol no matter what it is mixed with, and it is not the governments job to me which drinks are too strong, and when I should stop drinking them. Its called being a compatent adult.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Who said caffeine was banned?

You've stated that the FDA wants to ban caffeine.
"That is why the FDA wants it gone. "

What is banned is caffeine, which is proven to have positives effects on your liver, being mixed with alcohol,

Mixing depressants and stimulants does not have positive effects and is dangerous. This is proven.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Hence, I'm not lying.

No it won't.
They'll be putting out their new, reformulated products soon.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Mixing depressants and stimulants does not have positive effects and is dangerous. This is proven.

The FDA does not care that it is dangerous. They can't make money off of it. What don't you understand?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hence, I'm not lying.

No it won't.
They'll be putting out their new, reformulated products soon.

Which will suck.

People bought their products because they WANTED the caffeine mix.

To think this will not severely damage their business or potentially put them out of business all together is ridiculous.

This was a coordinated hit run by Coke's lackies over at the FDA.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The ban does discriminate against small distributors.

That's the entire point of the ban.

Go ahead, keep lying...

Prove that this ban discriminates against small distributors. Prove this ban is only aimed at small distributors... prove this ban doesn't effect large distributors...

You will fail because you are lying.

Only small time players are making these cocktails and the big boys don't like it when small timers cut into their profit margins.

Just because only small businesses make these deadly drinks, doesn't mean the ban is aimed at small businesses only. Correlation does not imply causation. Large businesses can't make these deadly drinks either!

Major fail of logic on your part.

By banning pre-packaged cocktails, the corporate giants are ensuring that people must by full size packages of energy drinks and full bottles of vodka if they want to get their fix.

This is far more costly than a single can of Joose.

THAT is what you think is happening in your own little psychosis?

So what is stopping the small businesses from selling full size packages of energy drinks, and full bottles of alcohol to compete with large businesses? NOTHING.

Fail yet again on your part.

I'm done with you...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't think that it is the governments business to ban caffeine in alcoholic beverages, I enjoy my Crown and Coke any day. However, those drinks like Four Loko, Joose, and Sparks are terrible for you and just shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Speaking about the FDA! They should, in the words of Tony Montana, "trying sticking theirs heads up their @$$ and see if it fits." What are they doing wasting their time with this b/s and start looking for a way to create an Organic food economy like humans have had since FOREVER. Instead of banning Four Loco, they should be banning Monsanto.

Oh wait, I forgot that Monsanto is the FDA

edit on 17-11-2010 by elfulanozutan0 because: edit to add last line

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to add a little food for thought as stats can always be misleading.

One can equals as much alcohol as 4 beers and 5 cups of coffee!

Well ... yes, the whole 23.5 oz can. But when is the last time a "cup" of coffee was 23.5 oz, or your standard beer was 23.5 oz (ok Starbucks and Oktoberfest, you win).

Seriously, the headline grabber should be "with twice as much alcohol as the equivalent volume of beer and 2.5 times as much caffeine as the equivalent volume in a cup of coffee!" (and yes I am not being precise, close enough)

Still bad. But that doesn't get people all scared and shaking now does it.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join