It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think what has me upset the most about this is, the level of stupidity needed by those ingesting deadly amounts and the level of concern shown here for the aforementioned stupid.
This concern could be transfered to any product or even service that the seriously stupid use and harm themselves.
Regulate the stupid with a blanket legislation and guess what, youre under the blanket with them, all nice and cozzy teamed up with stupid,
part of the stupid crew, ah whats that you say, youre not stupid, oh yes you are look where youre at, you are right there with the rest of the stupids,now be quiet and be ready to be told what to do.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Saving the world from mentally retarded people is not the job of government.

There you go exaggerating again....

They are protecting consumers who don't know the dangers of mixing high levels of alcohol and high levels of caffeine. There exist people who don't understand the risks... and you don't have to be mentally retarded to not understand, or not know something.

Originally posted by mnemeth1
I am not a retard, therefore the government has no right to manage my consumption habits or who I voluntarily transact with.

They are not managing your consumption habits! They are managing what cooperations are legally allowed to sell. Get real.

Stop exaggerating. You can buy all the Reb Bulls and all the beers you want, and mix them all you want.

They are putting a stop to corporations who sell harmful combinations of drugs. Caffeine is a drug, and alcohol is a drug, selling them mixed together is harmful. They are only controlling the sale of them togther... not the existence of the drugs themselves.

I can't believe you don't understand this. If for once you stopped exaggerating this issue, you just might understand this.
edit on 17-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
their talking mainly about a drink called Four Loko, it has 12% alcohol coupled with as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
According to mnemeth1, it's ok for corporations to sell people death in a can.

Let's allow corporations to add chemicals that sterilize people in common drinks while we are at it!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thumper76
their talking mainly about a drink called Four Loko, it has 12% alcohol coupled with as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.

Some of the more hysterical posts in this thread have it up at 30% alcohol and 5 cups of coffee.

Seems there's a bit of a discrepancy there.

The gov is all ready to drop the ban hammer and we dont even know how much of what it is that they're upset about.

There is concern among some that Four Loko may appeal too much to teens, and that the "energy drink" aspect may overshadow the impact of drinking an alcoholic beverage. Officials are concerned the drink could lead to an increase in teen drinking and drunk driving incidents, however there is no evidence to suggest Four Loko is any more of a threat that a six-pack of beer, which is readily available at any corner market. Yahoo AC

edit on 17-11-2010 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Dont they already? With FDA approval of course.

It's one thing to have a product that isnt FDA approved causing sickness. Another totally to have one that is FDA approved and causing sickness.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't think this is a very good idea. The caffeine in some alcoholic beverages is the only thing that keeps me awake during those long drunken drives home from the bars.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
SOOOOO?
I'm Four Locos and I'm told to stop selling these single canned mixed beverages that I'm currently selling because theyre dangerous.
I therefore create a "new and improved party pack"
With the drinks in separate containers and a cute recipe booklet and tell you to "be your own bartender" with some stupid looking mascot, and never miss a beat or a dollar.
And I'll still have stupid people drinking way more than they should and the calls for bringing prohibition back fom the dead still ringing loudly in the ats halls.
My gawd we're needing to legislate personal accountability and responsibility now.
Survival of the fittest, ALLOW IT or be ready to receive the tainted stupid dna into your family.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Brilliant!!!

Then some idiot kids will slam all the caffeine components then slam all the alcohol components and die. Can't legislate against stupidity after all. I wonder would those in favor of this ban come running out to ban the sale of the two components?

Next thing we know it's all like sudafed and they'll be buying their alcohol at one store and driving across town to get their caffeine. Then come the busts and out comes the violence.

If really keeping these "kids" safe is the goal.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Safety doesnt seem to be the goal, some might see it as such but its not.
Dont think you wont see what I just described sitting on shelves by christmas!
I'll bet on it

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The best part about that is after all of this media hype they'll have such name recognition with the little kids who are seeing this as "extreme" and being assaulted by the gov for being "too cool" will be there to buy up the inevitable alcohol free energy drink component of their party pack. Sold with similar packaging, similar name but to anyone not just those who are 21.

So you double your product line at virtually no cost and set up a generation of kids to move onto the alcoholic version later on.

This thing could backfire to astronomical proportions for all of these nanny stater prohibitionists.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

They are protecting consumers who don't know the dangers of mixing high levels of alcohol and high levels of caffeine. There exist people who don't understand the risks... and you don't have to be mentally retarded to not understand, or not know something.

Natural selection baby. Seriously, if someone hasn't figured out that both alcohol and caffeine are more dangerous than the majority of illegal drugs (and therefore command a little bit of respect) then they really shouldn't be around to reproduce so that their idiot offspring can obtain further protection from the nanny state at the cost of the rest of our freedoms.

Not all of us are stupid enough to plough through ten red bull and vodkas in quick succession but still would like to enjoy the convenience of prepackaging and having it available at our favorite club/bar. Is there anywhere we can sit some sort of a test that proves we are not mentally retarded and awards a license which grants us exemption from nanny laws?

How hard would it have been to educate the ignorant rather than ruin the rest of our fun?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes sir, I just doubled my sales and my advertising return thank you Mr Shuuuuuuumer,
I'd be curious as to who has money invested in these deadly dollar makers.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if they ban this combination, people will find other ways to stay awake while they're drunk.
Just pop a couple of cold/sinus pills with some booze and they'll get the same effect. Some people don't care how risky their behaviors are, they just want a buzz and don't do anything in moderation. So banning this is pointless. All it does is give our government even more control.
If the dumb a** government cared so much, then why not force the tobacco companies to remove the 422 chemicals and only allow tobacco? Ya want to know why? Too many tax dollars at stake and smokers die sooner so they don't suck up so much in SS. No, just putting a warning on the pack is sufficient. Banning caffine in drinks doesn't effect tax dollars though. So I will never believe they are trying to save us from ourselves, if that were true then they must outlaw anything that can cause loss of life.
This just sets precedence for them to do what ever they want to "protect us"
They can all kiss my @$$, I'll eat and drink what ever I want, just try and stop me you jerk @ff's.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

LOL I enjoyed that post so much

Thank you

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

It's not just about people who don't understand the risks.

It's also about people who will look at the drinks and say, "Hey if they are selling this stuff in stores it must be safe to drink! Look it's cheap to! Let's buy six of them and get wasted!". Then their heart stops after the third one.

I can't believe you people are arguing about this. Did you really love those drinks that much?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Azp420

It's not just about people who don't understand the risks.

It's also about people who will look at the drinks and say, "Hey if they are selling this stuff in stores it must be safe to drink! Look it's cheap to! Let's buy six of them and get wasted!". Then their heart stops after the third one.

I can't believe you people are arguing about this. Did you really love those drinks that much?

I love the freedom to chose that much.

That's what freedom means.

Choice.

Voluntary choice.

edit on 17-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Azp420

No I dont drink them,
I love the idea of choice and freedom and liberty, for everyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Nope, I don't drink at all and red bulls are disgusting.
This is about goverment control.
If we go by your logic (which is not completely flawed) then this example would also apply.
Some young people decide to go parachuting. They say it must be safe because their selling it. So when their chute doesn't open and they plummet to their death it's the fault of all parachutes and they must be banned. Oh wait, that happens all the time yet the goverment still allows it. For the love of god why don't they ban it?!?! (sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Appeal to emotions is all I see here...

Choice and freedom.... yes, hide behind those two words to make a point.

So I guess you support the choice and freedom of corporations to take your life?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join