It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions Wanted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm just throwing this out to see what is in everyones head.
This is just for fun nobody can predict the future, that I am convinced of, yet.

I want each of you to make a prediction, topics are open, timeframe should be near future, let's say less then 20 years from now. Make an argument for your posts, don't just say WWIII is about to begin, we are all going to die!
Be as serious or lack there of as you wish, just keep to the topic guidelines.

Since I am the one starting this I will go first. I predict the future of TV will be similar in fashion to the IPhone, IPod & IPad but universally connected. Multiple channels will flash in the screen and we will be able to isolate the ones we want. Internet, all media forms and everything else will be accessible through the TV. Computers for the most part will become obsolete for everything will be internet based available on the screen. Our phones, our information, everything will be online somewhere. Cable, internet and phones will become one standard service. My basis for this prediction is looking at how game systems, cable companies, phone companies and computer companies seem to be trending toward a singularity as far as how we access and store information.

Maybe in 20 years you will be the next Jimmy Peterford! Look him up if you want. . .
edit on 11/16/2010 by AnteBellum because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I predict that ATS will have well over a thousand bogus predictions within the next year.

I also predict that the US will come out of the recession strong in 2011.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I predict there is a real phenomenon around the year 2012.

unless we've been lied to about what year it really is.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Anyone that knows about this stuff, would never make predicions on this board.

So its waste of time trying to try and find people.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well I am definitely not psychic, but I predict that before Obama leaves office he will push through something that will significantly weaken American sovereignty and support the formation of an NAU.

And I predict that this will happen in this term, because I also predict he will not have a second term. Since he is, in effect, a lame duck President, the PTB will pressure him into passing the measure so, like the bailouts, the other party will look totally blameless for the event. Though they will do absolutely nothing to reverse it. Much like the Dems did nothing to reverse the Patriot Act when they had the chance.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I predict I will write this.

Okay Okay, seriously, I predict that America and Israel will invade all other countries, disguised as allies. Then they'll lock antlers at the end of days over the 'Holy Land'.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I predict Michael Vick will win the MVP.... I predict Ron Paul will lose as a democrat.... Obama will be reelected.... The two koreas will almost begin a war... Pakistan and India will wage one.... Israel and Iran will begin a 7 year peace treaty..... America will pay China by giving up Mexico afte the transunion merger.... Madoff will make the cover of Forbes from jail.... the EU will fall soon.... the UN will be audited.... Slick Rick will be inducted to the rock and roll hall of fame.... electronic titles will become legal documents due to legislation.... a few big banks will be merged with bigger banks like Chase(pacman theory)....the economy will recover in march of 2011.... foreclosures will be halted as the american government demands house values be adjusted to the current values of unsold homes on the market in the purpose of promoting loan modifications.... taxes will decrease.... the federal government will centralize many US assets like Utilities( con edison).... and Protoplasmic Traveler will publish his first book " All Roads Lead to ROME".... lol shhh Im not a Stan but have you read that thread?.... oh yeah and Miss Cleo will be discovered to be a "friend" of Spitzer... speaking of predictions.... The Cowboys Are Going Nowhere!.... th33 3nd

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I opened this thread with the original intent of showing my absolute disgust for another "prediction" thread, BUT I then realized that perhaps the OP is not going in that all too common ATS "predictions" direction here with this thread.

After fully reading the OP's thread, I am under the impression that the OP is asking for a stimulating discussion on technology based predictions, and NOT the NUTTY usual "predictions" that are EVERYWHERE on these forums here.

Is my assumption correct OP? If so, PLEASE, PLEASE change your title of this thread, otherwise you will be getting HARSH replies here.

Anyways, if this thread on "predictions" is what I assume that you are asking for, here is my contribution:

With the newest type of electric motor technology called the "brushless" motors, I cannot imagine that this will not replace the noisy, greasy, oily, unreliable, environmental-damaging combustion engines in the next decade or two.

But of course we have the great enemy of sensible and environmentally safe technologies who exist in the OIL industry using DEEP pockets and MOUNTAINS of cash to influence the continued reliance of earth-and-health-destroying energy methods.

Those new brushless motors are incredibly powerful, maintenance free, and have no parts in it to wear out other than a shaft with bearings on it!! AMAZING!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i have two

1/ prince william will get engaged to kate.

2/ cliff high will look like a idiot when nothing happens and all credibility is gone.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I predict that the ATS Boards with go into meltdown next year with predictions and Mayan rubbish then in 2012 the whole internet will collapse under the massive weight of b u l l sh it that will be made up to sell books and dvds then in 2014 the date will be changed till 2036

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I predict that my spellig will get better.

I also predict that I will go to the toilet at least once in the next week. (Number 2's)
edit on 16/11/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I predict most people on ATS will hate Prediction Threads by the end of 2011.

second
edit on 11/16/2010 by howmuch4another because: poor grammar

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I predict this thread will end quickly.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm predicting a new religion by 2025. The foundation of this religion will be the principle that we are all one and be heavily influenced by spiritual plants. I also predict by this time much of the social taboos concerning mind activating plants will disappear and the spirit of the 60s will live once again. This time though, it will be the older crowd who makes up the majority of the movement.

The reason I believe this is because every year I notice more and more people are opening their minds to spiritual plant use. They are turning away from pleasuring inducing and mind inhibiting substances and turning towards natural and mind expanding substances. I picked the year 2025, because I don't see this happening right now as we have a lot of chaos in our near future, and the time doesn't seem right now yet anyways. I also think the chaos will stimulate this movement even further.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

It's totally cool. Some of these posts are really entertaining. This topic is open to whatever comes to your mind.
Ridiculous or not, sometimes the ridiculous becomes the most feasible in time.

Thanks for all the posts, I'd like to read more!

new topics

top topics

join